Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As aunty T would say "owww lawdy,this is getting messy."

Booker T went on his podcast and said screw hashtags. Specifically the #Naomidesrvesbetter hashtag. Says nobody deserves anything and that Naomi has to earn her spot.

Now fans a couple of wrestlers including Naomi have responded back to Books comments, most not favoring what Booker had to say.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,155 Posts
"Nobody deserves a chance, you have to earn your chance"... really, Book? How the hell do you earn a chance in catering? By kissing ass and politicking? Is that why 85% of the talent in the company get no tv time?

What if you earned bigger opportunities by doing acclaimed work in your smaller opportunities, like Sonya? Where's her chance, where's her title shot, hell, where's her tv time period? Booker is full of shit, he knows you only get opportunities if Vince likes you and often times it has jackshit to do with talent, hard work, performance, or even overness.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The things that get me is he speaks highly of a racist and bully Tessa. Praises Ronda after she shit on the fans kayfab or not, but doesn't seems to recognize the talent Naomi has beyond her athleticism.

Let's not forget he loved KofiMania. Well guess what, KofiMania started as a hashtag that started on social media and #becky2belts became a thing because of hashtags to.

I don't believe Kofi or Becky would be where they got without fans leading up to wrestlemania. So we felt both Kofi and Becky "earned" their spots and fans voiced their opinion and they got there.

·
Registered
24,435 Posts
I mean I agree with the sentiment of "screw your hashtags" but Booker is off base here.

It's very hard to "earn your opportunity" when you have a man in charge who constantly changes his mind about what he wants and if you are never given your opportunity. That just sounds like propaganda.

Now as for Naomi, I mean she's had some chances in the past, and she's only ever gotten over to a certain level. She's good, mind you, but also flawed at the same time. She's not as good as this supposed movement would lead you to believe. This feels more like a case of people hating WWE booking rather than loving Naomi. And if she did get everything people were asking for, the fans would get bored of her in a heart beat.

I mean you got people out here pretending like she's Becky Lynch before 2018. That's asinine.

And for anyone bringing up #KofiMania, that doesn't happen if Kofi doesn't have that amazing performance in the Gauntlet match and the Chamber match. That hashtag never gets off the ground if Kofi doesn't deliver there.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,395 Posts
She won a title and she won many events. It is no like she reached nothing.
I saw some Naomi support from people inside the business the last few weeks. We could speculate about reasons for the timing there. But overall, I don`t see a reason Naomi getting pushed. Her character became boring, always the same crazy dancing or singing stuff - I am not a fan of her singing btw. She is doing always the same stunts at RR, etc. Sure, like the undertaker they put out the light for the entrance, but you cannot compare her entrance to the one of the Undertaker, because it has no atmossphere. After a few times seeing Naomi`s entrance ... boredom.

Naomi`s actual character is told, even her marriage was part of the show. She got to come with something really new. I gave her up, when she same out with a mirror ball on her head. No, that is no joke!

So booker is not right in the way he says it, but it is not like Naomi deserves to get a big push. Who knows what will come out of the feud with Lacey anyway.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,530 Posts
I honestly dont really think there's such a thing as earning your spot in the WWE anymore.

There's too many examples of the McMahons going out of their way to bury someone who is working hard, getting over with the fans and is entertaining. Too many instances of people getting over and being punished for it because they wern't told to get over.

Outside of very rare instances, success in the WWE thesedays boils down to how hard you make one of the McMahons, and that's it. Its the same few people endlessly squashing the other 95% of the roster and rehashing dull feuds with each other.

"Nobody deserves a chance, you have to earn your chance"... really, Book? How the hell do you earn a chance in catering? By kissing ass and politicking? Is that why 85% of the talent in the company get no tv time?

What if you earned bigger opportunities by doing acclaimed work in your smaller opportunities, like Sonya? Where's her chance, where's her title shot, hell, where's her tv time period? Booker is full of shit, he knows you only get opportunities if Vince likes you and often times it has jackshit to do with talent, hard work, performance, or even overness.
Booker's an idiot. How is Naomi meant to "earn her chance" when she's hardly ever on TV, and is generally jobbed out in meaningless matches when she does get on TV?

How are the all the people with the ceiling pushed down right above their head meant to earn their chance when they never actually get one? When they're not allowed to get passed directionless jobber status?

·
Premium Member
17,152 Posts
I mean I agree with the sentiment of "screw your hashtags" but Booker is off base here.

It's very hard to "earn your opportunity" when you have a man in charge who constantly changes his mind about what he wants and if you are never given your opportunity. That just sounds like propaganda.

Now as for Naomi, I mean she's had some chances in the past, and she's only ever gotten over to a certain level. She's good, mind you, but also flawed at the same time. She's not as good as this supposed movement would lead you to believe. This feels more like a case of people hating WWE booking rather than loving Naomi. And if she did get everything people were asking for, the fans would get bored of her in a heart beat.

I mean you got people out here pretending like she's Becky Lynch before 2018. That's asinine.

And for anyone bringing up #KofiMania, that doesn't happen if Kofi doesn't have that amazing performance in the Gauntlet match and the Chamber match. That hashtag never gets off the ground if Kofi doesn't deliver there.
Yeah. I agree.

Naomi has done a lot in WWE. I don't know if the people pushing the hashtag knew about Naomi before the karaoke battle, because Naomi has had a great career. She never received the top acceptance from audience, and I can't say because they didn't push her or she was just not the best. But, WWE always capitalized on her when people were asking for it.

I think this is just a misguided outcry for the stupid karaoke battle. All the women deserve better after that shit. I don't want to turn this into "All women deserve better!" instead of "Naomi deserves better!" 🤣, but Naomi isn't wasted anymore than other women on WWE.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've been called a sellout my whole life. Usually just for saying the last letter of a word. So I really would look for anything else to call another black man, but goddamnit here we are AGAIN booker t..!!!

Just to give him somewhat of the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure he has plenty criticism for white superstars. But how come those stories never make headlines. It's always booker jumping out to tell other black wrestlers how to move within the good old boy system.

I know I'd never get the chance, but I'd really like to talk to him to see if he actually thinks he's coming from a good place with some of his advice. It all just comes off so wrong most of the time

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,155 Posts
Yeah. I agree.

Naomi has done a lot in WWE. I don't know if the people pushing the hashtag knew about Naomi before the karaoke battle, because Naomi has had a great career. She never received the top acceptance from audience, and I can't say because they didn't push her or she was just not the best. But, WWE always capitalized on her when people were asking for it.

I think this is just a misguided outcry for the stupid karaoke battle. All the women deserve better after that shit. I don't want to turn this into "All women deserve better!" instead of "Naomi deserves better!" 🤣, but Naomi isn't wasted anymore than other women on WWE.
Really this thread shouldn't be about Naomi but about how wrong Booker is, that hashtag should've been used for Sonya, Liv, Bianca, Ruby, hell even Dana has worked hard and improved a lot, the fact that fans were misguided doesn't change the fact that Booker has become an insufferable company shill.

I bet if after WM 19 #BookerDeservesBetter was trending he wouldn't be saying this bullshit.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Booker T has become such a company shill. How are you supposed to earn your spot when you don’t get a chance to earn said spot?
If a company paid you money to be a shill, you’ll be a shill. It may be in his contact to do so. Guys like Stephen A Smith would say something ridiculous just to get social media stirred up and boiling. He could be using this tactic to get people to jump behind Naomi. It worked with Becky couple years back.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,708 Posts
Naomi HAS earned her spot. That spot is at the bottom of the division. She's lucky to still be employed tbh.
Your negative two cents wasn’t needed. This is yoga stretching at it’s finest and no you wasn’t funny so keep your stupid to yourself.

·
Angry at refs
3,235 Posts
Your negative two cents wasn’t needed. This is yoga stretching at it’s finest and no you wasn’t funny so keep your stupid to yourself.
"NO NEGATIVITY ALLOWED AGAINST NAOMI". If you want only 100% positivity, go somewhere else.
Naomi isn't entitled to anything and she's legitimately lucky to be in the position she is in. She has been there for a very long time, she's had championships, she's had her spotlights. She's got nothing else to offer other than maybe one match a month (since WWE rarely uses the women), and even then it isn't going to be a good/classic match.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts