Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Ironically, I just said in the TNA section that I hadn't heard anything new about Booker in at least 8 months lol.

He's 45 years old. A report just came out that said WWE doesn't want to hire anyone over 30. My guess: Hall of Fame.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Token black entry?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I dont think WWE will get any of the big names for the HOF ceremony. There is talk of bringing back the Main Event Mafia to TNA as Steiner just re-signed, so guys like Booker T and Sting will probably head back there for one last paycheck. The HoF will allways be there from the WWE.

Booker has been backstage recently at WWE events and its rumoured they were trying to work out a deal for a return (HoF?) but the deal fell through. Sharmell just had twins so im sure he doesnt want to travel much, so TNA would be best?

Id mark for a Booker T return and Hall of Fame induction though.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
There was that report about not signing anyone over 30, but Booker is an established star. Signing a 30 year old nobody and then thrusting them onto the roster and taking him 2/3 years before he really gets big is completely different.

Booker can come in and easily go into the title picture on Smackdown which would help them out drastically in the face section, and plus he's another vet to help the younger guys out and help put some of them over.

Hopefully they sort something out and he is a surprise for the Rumble.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
I hope its either not true in the slightest, or its just for the HOF. I never, ever ever ever ever ever wanna see Booker T in a match again. Ever. He hasn't been good since... ummm... 2000? He had the odd good-great match in WWE, but very rarely. Don't wanna hear him on the mic either, so if he DOES go in the HOF I'll at least be able to skip past him :p.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I'm normally against signing the older talent but I think this is a good'un. I've always liked Booker and still think he has alot to offer. He's not been gone long enough for him to not be relevant to WWE's aimed demographic today. Great on the mic and great in the ring, you'd have a star to slot straight in to either the main event / title picture (as stated, Smackdown could do with a face or two). Or someone with experience to put over a younger talent, Booker T putting over Dolph Ziggler anyone?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Meh, fuck him. HOF and that's it.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
A wealth of experience in wrestling, thats what he has to offer. Plus he could put over some of the new talent.
In my opinion he has run his course and WWE has bigger names to "put over some of the new talent." The only way I could see him being useful is if he trained wrestlers or showing up for the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony and then promptly fading into oblivion. Also, wasn't there an issue with him and putting over younger talent?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts