Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
21,414 Posts
So let me get this straight, its mostly considered coolwhen Matt Riddle randomly shits on Goldberg out the blue for no reason. But Booker is old and bitter for randomly saying Matt Riddle has things to work on.

If you can dish it out you should be able to take it.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Lol at Booker telling a former UFC fighter that he needs to learn how to wrestle.
Booker is telling him to learn how to pro wrestle. While I disagree with Booker's opinion, Matt Riddle being a former UFC fighter has nothing to do with his ability to do pro wrestling.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,881 Posts
I don't know where this is coming from that Booker T was some amazing in-ring performer, he was good for sure but he was never top five, not even top ten at his peak.

What's Booker T's best match ?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
It's hilarious reading people's comments giving Booker static over Matt fucking Riddle. Seriously Riddle is very good but he can get boring as fuck really quick especially if you aren't into the superfluous grappling that goes into most MMA based in-ring styles. People need to remember that pro wrestling and MMA aren't the same things. At one point in time, Booker was as highly regarded as an in-ring talent as you could find among North America based wrestlers and on top of that found a great number of ways to be wildly entertaining and immensely popular among a fairly large audience(compared to today's audience it would have been a gigantic audience. I'd take prime Booker over Matt Riddle any day of the week and I like Riddle. There are some gaping holes in Riddle's game especially from a pure entertainment perspective and he needs to become better at selling for sure. He can get those things done and then he'll do well in WWE. I mean Riddle can criticize anyone he wants it's his prerogative but Goldberg's in-ring prowess is an easy target especially at his current age but until Riddle achieves even 1% of Goldberg's success it just comes across as some goof trying to get over with the so-called "smart" fans and in reality that is all it really is.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The level of DISRESPECT shown by you marks blow my fuckin' mind. Yo, I guess since yo boy Meltzer (the biggest mark) does it, then you guys think that you can do it too. No, the fuck you can't.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Did this n!gga really point out his PWI 500 ranking? What kind of mark shit is that?

Comments like Book's are confusing. If he feels this "kid" has a lot of work to do but, hypothetically, Steve Austin feels this "kid" is ready and they need to strap a rocket to him, well what the fuck? It comes off as being bitter rather than offering objective advice. It's clear Book is trying to bury him due to his comments on Goldberg but it's weird to use your status to justify your perspective, as if there's no one more accomplished than you that actually feels this "kid" is doing great.
The negro never mentioned the PWI 500 ranking. Book doesn't like Meltzer, so please get that idea out of your head.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Being a former MMA Fighter doesn't guarantee you will be a great pro wrestler. Tank Abbott is proof of that...of course being a former pro wrester doesn't mean you're going to be a great MMA fighter either.... CM PUNK is proof of that...LMAO

·
Premium Member
43,878 Posts
What exactly does Riddle need to work on? He seems pretty good to me.

Sure he could get better, but everyone can. I'm not seeing any area where Riddle needs drastic improvement.

I mean, I wouldn't be picking fights with wrestlers on twitter (unless it is an elaborate work) but other than that, Riddle's done pretty well for himself thus far.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I honestly think Matt Riddle has a lot of potential. He really has a charisma about him, which is a welcomed relief in an age of boring wrestlers.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I wish Book would've detailed what's wrong with his game, without specifics it seems like he's just hating. I think Riddle needs to improve his psychology, selling and pacing, develop a character and learn to cut a promo, but I'm not a 2 time HOFer so it doesn't mean much when I say it.

Matt Riddle might not do flips but he's still a spot monkey, he can chain together a bunch of cool looking moves but there's no story there. To be fair, the same could be said about every lauded workrate guy today, that's the style Indy fans want to see and he's good at it. If Book went in on Riddle he'd have to go in on everybody's favorite guys and that would turn the IWC against him.
Booker didn't give specifics because it's obvious. Booker comes from a time where you actually had to know how to work, when he sees Riddle he just sees a spot monkey who doesn't know what he's doing. Most of these guys nowadays who are praised as good workers are actually pretty awful.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I watched Books career from day 1, and while he was fun to watch, he could never in his wildest dream put on a match as good as Riddle vs Roddy from the last Takeover.
Booker has literally had hundreds of matches better than it.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts