Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Baby It's Violence
7,117 Posts
To me that's like saying Ricochet is better than Lou Thesz: it's a different era and a different style is popular now. I feel fully confident Book could do the "spot, no-sell, spot, spot, no-sell, spot, cover, kickout" style too if it existed in his day.
If you're gonna bemoan his style, then sure.

I didn't even say Booker was bad or anything, he had his moments and defintely has done better when it comes to playing a character or cutting promos and the like.

Riddle I think was just better, in my personal opinion. I've seen him work with heavy hitters like a Katsuyori Shibata or WALTER, a more high flying guy like Will Ospreay, someone who is mostly technical in Zack Sabre Jr., or somebody who works a more simplistic old school style in Velveteen Dream. He adapts well to who he works with while retaining his moveset, and I think just saying he does the "spot no sell spot" gimmick really sells him short.

·
Attending Chris Jericho's Rager with Scott Steiner
6,418 Posts
I like how people on here are mad at a bona fide wrestling legend sharing his wisdom with a rookie. Stay classy, WF.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Booker is just giving him a receipt for his Goldberg comments. But, let's not pretend Riddle is perfect. Everyone could always improve. I, personally, don't care for Riddle, but to each their own...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Umm yo my fellow houstonian and 5th warder what you talking about bro?

Booker mustve not watched his previous Takeover matches cause no way he'd be saying this if he did. Think Book is just butthurt about Matt trashing a fellow legend.

The truth though Matt could run circles around Goldberg in the ring and thats including Gold back in his WCW prime

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,687 Posts
Umm yo my fellow houstonian and 5th warder what you talking about bro?

Booker mustve not watched his previous Takeover matches cause no way he'd be saying this if he did. Think Book is just butthurt about Matt trashing a fellow legend.

The truth though Matt could run circles around Goldberg in the ring and thats including Gold back in his WCW prime
I'm sure Booker saw his TO match and as an old-school guy he was probably unimpressed. That shit was a straight up videogame match, in fact I don't even think you would be capable of working that spot heavy in 2K because you have to manage your stamina and reversals.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
You think there were 29 workers better than prime Booker T? Please list them.
of All time quite easily

Austin
Rock
Foley
Savage
Steamboat
Flair
Mr Perfect
Rick Rude
HBK
Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Kurt Angle
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
John Cena
AJ Styles
Daniel Bryan
Taker
Cm Punk
Brock Lesnar
Eddie Guerrero
Rey Mysterio
RVD
Samoa Joe
Scott Hall
Hulk Hogan
Edge
Kane
Batista
British Bulldog

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,608 Posts
of All time quite easily

Austin
Rock
Foley
Savage
Steamboat
Flair
Mr Perfect
Rick Rude
HBK
Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Kurt Angle
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
John Cena
AJ Styles
Daniel Bryan
Taker
Cm Punk
Brock Lesnar
Eddie Guerrero
Rey Mysterio
RVD
Samoa Joe
Scott Hall
Hulk Hogan
Edge
Kane
Batista
British Bulldog
Include people like Dick Murdoch, Nigel McGuinness, Barry Windham, Chavo Guerrero Sr, Low Ki, Bobby Eaton in that list, too.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Sooooo.... what does Riddle needs to work on specifically? Riddle wrestles better than 90% of your students, bruh.

Another old head complaining. YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN
This is why i stopped listening to old folks... they’re so close minded and think if things arent done the exact same way they did them back in the day then its wrong. Whats more ridiculous is younger people who dont see the obvious BS that most old people spit out and agree with it

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
I don't think there's anything to worry about inring wise, his attitude could use some work though.He could end up Lio Rush'd.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,687 Posts
of All time quite easily

Austin
Rock
Foley
Savage
Steamboat
Flair
Mr Perfect
Rick Rude
HBK
Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Kurt Angle
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
John Cena
AJ Styles
Daniel Bryan
Taker
Cm Punk
Brock Lesnar
Eddie Guerrero
Rey Mysterio
RVD
Samoa Joe
Scott Hall
Hulk Hogan
Edge
Kane
Batista
British Bulldog
Yea we weren't talking about all time, just people who were wrestling at the same time as prime Book.

·
The NEW
13,412 Posts
To me that's like saying Ricochet is better than Lou Thesz: it's a different era and a different style is popular now. I feel fully confident Book could do the "spot, no-sell, spot, spot, no-sell, spot, cover, kickout" style too if it existed in his day.
Does Booker T have a match w/ as compelling in-ring story being told as in Riddle's Takeover match vs. Dream? I agree that Riddle sometimes goes a little bit too much into the generic shitty indy style, but he can also tell stories for sure.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Matts technique has never been in question fuck his got my favorite last man standing match ever. Hell only LMS match ever but the rest he does need to improve on. His charismatic as fuck but his promos are hit or miss for me. And as yaffa and mc said he does get to indyriffic sometimes.

·
Premium Member
16,876 Posts
Painfully clear Booker is pissed about what Riddle said against Goldberg. Someone else suggested Booker probably hasn't seen a Riddle batch which I believe is the case. It's ok to rag and talk shit on someone even you're a two time HOF, but this is obvious old school mentality.

I largely agree with the list but there are some glaring exceptions:

Rock
Austin
HHH
Taker
Hardy

I said who were the better workers, Austin, Rock and HHH were turning out extremely basic matches that relied on heat to get over, Taker didn't even start having good matches until WM 21, and Jeff Hardy has never had a good match that didn't have a stipulation.
"Working" is doing the most basic stuff and still getting a reaction. It's relying on working the crowd, taking your time. Not jumpy flips every step of the match. This is why Rock & Austin were great workers.

But, I agree Booker T in his prime could have been top 10, maybe 5. Not sure what the other guy was going on about.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts