Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was listening to Matt Riddle talk about Goldberg,” Booker T said. “I got a chance to watch Matt Riddle work. This guy needs a lot of work. You talk about somebody that needs to work on their craft? This Matt Riddle needs to work on his craft and that’s coming from Booker T.

“I wish Matt Riddle would come down to my school and get a first class wrestling 101 training. Before Matt Riddle starts talking about anybody, Matt Riddle needs to work on his game and work on it very hard and that’s coming from a Hall of Famer. That’s coming from one of the best in the business.”

“Matt Riddle can say whatever he wants to say about Booker T but I was top 5 in the world,” Booker T said. “I hovered somewhere in that top five echelon. Was I number one? I don’t know, I can’t answer that question but I knew I was good. I was real good and some nights I was perfect. Hey Matt Riddle, work on your game kid. That’s coming from the five-time champ.

·
Registered
925 Posts
every nxt star could use a little seasoning to get used to the wwe style. If only there was a brand where they could learn those things...

Booker has been a yes man for a while now. Even referring to the racism he endured as a "good ol' boy system" hes clearly participating in the wave of damage control for wwe.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,247 Posts
I wish Book would've detailed what's wrong with his game, without specifics it seems like he's just hating. I think Riddle needs to improve his psychology, selling and pacing, develop a character and learn to cut a promo, but I'm not a 2 time HOFer so it doesn't mean much when I say it.

Matt Riddle might not do flips but he's still a spot monkey, he can chain together a bunch of cool looking moves but there's no story there. To be fair, the same could be said about every lauded workrate guy today, that's the style Indy fans want to see and he's good at it. If Book went in on Riddle he'd have to go in on everybody's favorite guys and that would turn the IWC against him.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Booker T? Top 5 in the world?

He was a great performer, but he never was one of the top guys; much less top 5 in the business. I would say he would come in top 30 at that point of time, but top 5? Please.

Booker T needs to get his head examined.

Riddle does need to do a lot of work though. He's right on that. Riddle has great potential provided he doesnt get into trouble of any kind.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
There's always room for improvement, maybe what Booker T wants is for Riddle to adopt that WWE style even more. Nothing wrong with Riddle picking fights in social media, as long as there's a payoff which leads to a match. But the problem is, if it's not going to lead to anything, then that's just a waste of time or he could be practicing his promos by doing that. Not sure what Booker T is on though, maybe Booker T vs. Matt Riddle at some point? :lmao

·
Registered
6,574 Posts

He was a great performer, but he never was one of the top guys; much less top 5 in the business. I would say he would come in top 30 at that point of time, but top 5? Please.

Riddle does need to do a lot of work though. He's right on that. Riddle has great potential provided he doesnt get into trouble of any kind.
Not even top 30.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,247 Posts

You think there were 29 workers better than prime Booker T? Please list them.

·
Premium Member
14,966 Posts
Did this n!gga really point out his PWI 500 ranking? What kind of mark shit is that?

Comments like Book's are confusing. If he feels this "kid" has a lot of work to do but, hypothetically, Steve Austin feels this "kid" is ready and they need to strap a rocket to him, well what the fuck? It comes off as being bitter rather than offering objective advice. It's clear Book is trying to bury him due to his comments on Goldberg but it's weird to use your status to justify your perspective, as if there's no one more accomplished than you that actually feels this "kid" is doing great.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
He’s not wrong. Something isn’t clicking with Matt Riddle in the ring and it’s clear he tries to edge too close to his mma background than to adapt it to wrestling. He’s not bad, but he is nowhere near a top hand yet.

Reactions: TommyWCECM
1 - 20 of 76 Posts