Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what would you guys do with the main event scene after the bfg ppv?

this is just a brainstorm of something i might do:

at bfg, magnus turns heel on sting. he gets the results "by any means necessary."

aj will win the world title from bully at bfg. big celebration for him.

following impact after bfg, aj must defend in a rematch against bully. aj again gets the win. immediately after the match, dixie comes out and says aj must defend the title again, this time against 'the new mr. tna', magnus.

aj who is tired and beaten after his match with bully cannot defeat magnus. and magnus wins the title. aj who, kayfabe, isnt under contract 'leaves tna'(whether he wrestles for wrestle 1 for a bit or just stays home)

with magnus as the new champ, he will have set title fueds with joe and angle. easy to set up since he turned on sting and MEM and tna as a whole. will help build him as a heel.

come around time for genesis, either aries or angle will become #1 contender to face magnus. once again dixie will be part of this saying aries is no different then aj and that he is lucky to even be in wrestling right now and its because of her that he is, magnus is the real mr. tna, ect. or with angle say that she saved his career and should be thanking her.

at genesis, magnus beats aries/angle to retain. after the match as magnus is celebrating, mocking the crowd, the lights go out and once they back on, aj is seen flying off the top rope taking out magnus. crowd goes wild. aj is back, could be because of jarrett or something.

build up to lockdown aj vs magnus.

i really like the idea of seeing matches like magnus vs joe, vs angle, vs aries, and eventually aj.

just some possible storyline i thought of while i was bored at work, thoughts? good or bad ideas? please state why and put what you would do as far as the main event scene after bfg.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Re: book the main event scene after bfg.

I completely agree that Magnus will beat Sting and turn heel. He'll say something about how he "was dragged down by the M.E.M" or something.

I think after he beats Sting he'll go for the world title. AJ will win the World title at BFG and defend against Magnus.

Depending on whether AJ signs a new contract, Magnus would be the world champion by December.

·
Registered
54 Posts
what would you guys do with the main event scene after the bfg ppv?

this is just a brainstorm of something i might do:

at bfg, magnus turns heel on sting. he gets the results "by any means necessary."

aj will win the world title from bully at bfg. big celebration for him.

following impact after bfg, aj must defend in a rematch against bully. aj again gets the win. immediately after the match, dixie comes out and says aj must defend the title again, this time against 'the new mr. tna', magnus.

aj who is tired and beaten after his match with bully cannot defeat magnus. and magnus wins the title. aj who, kayfabe, isnt under contract 'leaves tna'(whether he wrestles for wrestle 1 for a bit or just stays home)

with magnus as the new champ, he will have set title fueds with joe and angle. easy to set up since he turned on sting and MEM and tna as a whole. will help build him as a heel.

come around time for genesis, either aries or angle will become #1 contender to face magnus. once again dixie will be part of this saying aries is no different then aj and that he is lucky to even be in wrestling right now and its because of her that he is, magnus is the real mr. tna, ect. or with angle say that she saved his career and should be thanking her.

at genesis, magnus beats aries/angle to retain. after the match as magnus is celebrating, mocking the crowd, the lights go out and once they back on, aj is seen flying off the top rope taking out magnus. crowd goes wild. aj is back, could be because of jarrett or something.

build up to lockdown aj vs magnus.

i really like the idea of seeing matches like magnus vs joe, vs angle, vs aries, and eventually aj.

just some possible storyline i thought of while i was bored at work, thoughts? good or bad ideas? please state why and put what you would do as far as the main event scene after bfg.
Good Stuff i wouldnt mind that at all minus AJ taking time off

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Still don't understand this boards obsession with turning Magnus heel...He's over and is a good face why ruin that?

Especially when you could run the exact same story line that OP suggested with someone like Roode.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still don't understand this boards obsession with turning Magnus heel...He's over and is a good face why ruin that?

Especially when you could run the exact same story line that OP suggested with someone like Roode.
idk about anybody else, but my reason to turn him heel is because

1. tna have only 2 top heels. bully and roode

2. sure, magnus is over, but is he going to overtake guys like aries, hardy, aj, and angle as top faces? i dont think he is.

3. magnus would be the perfect wrestler to fill the part of the storyline id go with. he is the new, fresh, young guy that dixie would want as tna champ going foward.

and roode would not work in this storyline and roode would not need this storyline. roode is already an established heel and could be place in a world title fued at any time.

this would be a hugherub for magnus to become a top heel in tna going foward.

btw, what would your ideas be going forward with the world title?

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Kazarian mentioned that Dixie thought he Magnus was good looking or something like that so this situation could very easily work. The amin event scene does need a bit of a shake up and hopefully after BFG, the Aces storyline gets an end and TNA can move on. Magnus could very well be "what's best for Business" in Dixie's eyes.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
AJ beats Bully

AJ is celebrating when Goldberg's music hits and he comes down and spears Styles. It's very convenient with Goldberg DVD coming out with WWE that it could be hyped pretty good.

·
Registered
350 Posts
That would be really good!

Reactions: alex0816

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
No need to say what I would do because your idea is AWESOME ! I would love it if they did something like that ( even though I don't want Jarrett to come back as a face. He is better as a heel, if he allowed AJ to come back in TNA, that should with a contract that give the control of his career to Dixie and they do everything to destroy everything they did and AJ have to survive.... )

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
idk about anybody else, but my reason to turn him heel is because

1. tna have only 2 top heels. bully and roode

2. sure, magnus is over, but is he going to overtake guys like aries, hardy, aj, and angle as top faces? i dont think he is.

3. magnus would be the perfect wrestler to fill the part of the storyline id go with. he is the new, fresh, young guy that dixie would want as tna champ going foward.

and roode would not work in this storyline and roode would not need this storyline. roode is already an established heel and could be place in a world title fued at any time.

this would be a hugherub for magnus to become a top heel in tna going foward.

btw, what would your ideas be going forward with the world title?
AJ Styles wins at Bound For Glory. Dixie is upset says she has someone to take the belt from AJ very quickly. That man? Kurt Angle.

Dixie plays up how the IWC portray her as a dumb business woman who marks for the WWE guys and doesn't care about the home growns. This leads to her putting AJ through a bunch of gruelling matches against former WWE guys until AJ loses to Angle at Genesis.

Around this time baby face Hulk returns and says Dixie hasn't been fair on AJ rah rah. He's going to do something about it and uses his slight authority power to book AJ/Angle in a cage at Lockdown. AJ wins at Lockdown, Dixie goes away and AJ earns Angles respect.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
First I'd have E.G.O sucking up to Dixie in the remaining episodes leading to BFG with Dixie getting behind EGO and going as far as to putting Bad Influence in the tag title match at BFG without having to compete in the gauntlet (the gauntlet can remain with the 3 teams competing and the winners getting their shot on Impact). At BFG, Dixie takes it upon herself to turn Roode vs Angle into a #1 contenders match. Given all the Aces have done, and given her position re: AJ she wants Bobby to be the face of the company once more, after all he is the longest reigning champion in the companies history.

Towards the end of the Roode vs Angle match with Kurt in control, Dixie comes out to the ring, purposely slips and falls and calls for the referee to aid her as she tends to her ankle, meanwhile Kurt gets distracted by this is dealt a low blow by Roode. With the ref distracted, Roode goes out of the ring grabs a chair and comes back in the ring lifting the chair high over Angle and before he can hit him with it, JEFF JARRETT'S music hits and he makes his way down the ramp and can be seen mouthing "this isn't happening". Roode turns his attention to Jarrett for a brief moment, and that distraction allows Angle to return the favor with a low blow of his own to Roode who drops the chair. Angle hits an Angle slam on the chair and then throws the chair out of the ring, and then calls for the official to get back in the ring, while Jarrett tends to Dixie, Kurt slaps on a grapevined Ankle Lock and Roode taps. Meanwhile AJ goes on to beat Bully clean to become the new champion.

On Impact Dixie comes out wanting to know what Jarrett was doing at BFG. Jarrett comes out and informs her he is representing the network and they are unhappy with her actions the last few weeks...she can either turn the GM position over to Jeff or Spike is pulling Impact, Dixie obliges Spike TV but this is still her show and she can still make any wrongs that were done right. She says Angle cheated last night and shows still pictures of the low blow and Angle Slam on the chair, then makes an Angle vs Roode rematch for the main event in an "Anything Goes" match with the winner the #1 contender. Roode wins dirty, with help from Bad Influence.

The following weeks Roode comes out cutting a promo on AJ and how he will take his title. Jarrett comes out showing video of B.I. helping Roode win and decides the fair thing to do is to make it a Triple Threat at Turning Point between AJ, Angle and Roode for the title. Bully comes out later in the show for the first time since losing the title claiming he has a rematch and he wants it soon, Jarrett tells him he will get his rematch but he will have to wait, given what he and his MC have done to this show Jarrett is in no hurry to do Bully any favors.

AJ pins Angle at TP to retain the title after Bully comes out and knocks Angle out with his chain following a ref bump (once the ref bump occurs Bad Influence also hit the ring to help Roode and take out AJ only for them to accidentally take out Roode). Jarrett decides Angle was cheated out of his opportunity, Roode comes out claiming he also deserves an opportunity which Jarrett says given B.I.'s involvement at Final Resolution it will be Angle vs AJ inside a steel cage and the entire locker room is banned from ringside for the match. Roode claims he had no knowledge they would get involved, Jarrett is leery of this but cannot prove it so Roode will get another title shot just not at FR. AJ pins Angle clean at Final Resolution. On the FR undercard Samoa Joe becomes the new #1 contender.

Following FR, Joe and AJ have a contract signing but before they can sign the contract Roode comes out demaning his shot, followed by Bully. Dixie comes out and says that at Genesis it will be a Fatal Fourway Elmination Match for the World Title : AJ Style vs Samoa Joe vs Bobby Roode vs Bully Ray.

AJ wins clean at Genesis, with the order of eliminations going : Bully eliminated first, Roode second and Joe the final elimination.

Lockdown : AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy for the World Title
Slammiversary : AJ Styles vs Austin Aries for the World Title
Bound For Glory 2014 : AJ Styles vs Magnus (BFGS winner) for the World Title

As for Magnus, I'd have him beat Sting clean at BFG. On Impact (Open Fight Night) during an in ring moment between him and Sting where Sting is putting him over, Bad Influence come out asking them to please stop the love fest, nobody cares etc. all the people really want is to see the new WTTCOTW Bad Influence (who won at BFG). Sting challenges them to a tag match right then and there vs him and Magnus, and they have no choice but to accept as it's OFN. Sting and Magnus get the clean win, then the following week they decide to ask Jarrett for a tag title shot since they beat the champs but BI come out saying they don't deserve it, as they should need more than one win to get a title shot. Jarrett makes Sting and Magnus vs Chavo/Hernandez for later, meanwhile BI go backstage and rile up Bro Mans claiming Jarrett does not respect them thus why they aren't in that match, then BI push the camera man out of the locker room and close the door. Magnus and Sting beat Chavo and Hernandez. So it's Sting and Magnus vs Bad Influence at Turning Point. Bro Mans help Bad Influence retain at TP, the week after Sting and Magnus beat Bro Mans. Magnus takes the mic and tells Sting while getting revenge on BI and taking their titles is something he wants to do, there is something he wants even moreso and calls out Jarrett asking what he needs to do to get a World Title match...Jarrett makes a 3 way for FR (Joe vs Magnus vs Aries) with the stip that the winner is #1 contender and whoever is pinned cannot challenge for the strap until BFG. Joe wins by putting the RNC on Magnus who doesn't tap but passes out instead.

TNA then floats a video on Social Media from after FR where Angle tries to talk to Magnus backstage who fluffs him off and leaves the arena. Magnus comes out the week after FR but before he can say anything Angle comes out to try and ease Magnus's mind about what happened at FR, Magnus acting heelish doesn;t care for what Kurt has to say. Joe comes out and apologizes but Magnus doesn't want to shake hands with Joe which brings out Sting who talks Magnus off the ledge and gets him to shake Joe's hand. He tells Magnus he is the future and puts him over strong and talks about how Magnus needs to use his time between now and BFG 2014 to get sharper, and says how Iron sharpens Iron and the best thing for Magnus is to challenge Kurt at Genesis. Kurt accepts and then Magnus accepts. At Genesis, after being unable to put Kurt away Magnus snaps, turns heel and beats the holy hell out of Angle leaving him a bloody mess and loses by DQ. He shows up in the UK cutting heel promos aimed at getting strong heat from the UK crowds, and a rematch inside a cage is made between Angle and Magnus at Lockdown where Magnus wins by beating Angle clean and is booked very strong. (Beginning of a strong heel push). At Slammiversary Magnus beats Joe clean, and then goes on to win the BFGS clean setting up his BFG match where he beats AJ clean...post match AJ extends his hand to Magnus only to be beaten to a bloody pulp (allowing TNA to write AJ out for a few months), with Magnus solidifying that he is a heel.

Genesis 2015 : Magnus vs Jeff Hardy
Lockdown : Magnus vs AJ Styles
Slammiversary : Magnus vs Austin Aries (This is where I'd likely end Magnus's 1st run as champ and put the title back on Aries).

Reactions: alex0816

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
- AJ Stlyes wins the belt

- Dixie Carter make him put the belt on the line every week against a different opponents

- Finally on Christmas day Magnus gets his shot at Style , the show ends with a new champion and this words "Dixie screwed Styles"

- New years starts with Magnus and Dixie as the new Vickie and Edge of TNA

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
I wouldn't kill Magnus's push/momentum for some Russo-riffic reason, that's for sure.

If AJ leaves with the title at BFG(He has no contract BTW), I would hope they actually do that right and have some good story-arc in that. Just give me Styles vs Aries at Genesis and I'm happy.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
- AJ Stlyes wins the belt

- Dixie Carter make him put the belt on the line every week against a different opponents

- Finally on Christmas day Magnus gets his shot at Style , the show ends with a new champion and this words "Dixie screwed Styles"

- New years starts with Magnus and Dixie as the new Vickie and Edge of TNA
i wouldn't want to see another failed recreation of the screwjob, but if thats what you'd do, ok.

I wouldn't kill Magnus's push/momentum for some Russo-riffic reason, that's for sure.

If AJ leaves with the title at BFG(He has no contract BTW), I would hope they actually do that right and have some good story-arc in that. Just give me Styles vs Aries at Genesis and I'm happy.
well, from what i've seen the past couple weeks, there are some signs pointing to magnus turning heel.

get results "by any means necessary". maybe im lloking too much into it.

i wouldnt turn him heel just for the hell of it, im turning him heel because i think hed be the perfect fit in the storyline id go with and imo magnus would be better off as a heel rather then a face.

aries vs aj at genesis would be awesome tho. but id maybe save it for slammy next year and then maybe even have a rematch between the 2 at bfg 14

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
simple

NO MORE STABLES!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I understand that by turning Magnus heel that good storylines can come out of it BUT he needs to stay and solidify himself as a FACE. TNA do too many turns sometimes and need to keep someone heel or face for a long time so they can actually be seen as a superstar face of the company or a mega heel instead of just a wrestler as fans cannot invest into them properly.

But I can see Magnus as Dixie's 'project' and pushing him as a heel.
Or what about EGO joins Dixie and Roode is used a a top heel again (Vince & HHH) and Kaz & Daniels as tag champs. But last year there was that time when Roode spat and pushed around Dixie though so how can they team up?

TBH after BFG and 2014 is going to be quite a tricky one but interesting for sure.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
whatever level Magnus is on now, turning him heel would make him better.

I think Kurt Angle could make a good choice to turn heel and be with Dixie against AJ, but that's not really going to help Angle going forward. I could see Magnus turning heel and then joining/helping Dixie to have himself become heavyweight champion, and that would elevate him up to that top level.
I don't think I would want that the week right after the PPV. stretch it out for a few weeks to build it up and make people watch.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts