161 - 180 of 2073 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Re: The "Book" thread.

it just doesn't feel the same and it would probably annoy me very quickly
Have you tried it??

I was pleasantly surprised. You can tweak it to your own preference and it reads just like a long website. I have sat for hours just reading a specific ebook.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts

I've read some ebooks. They were okay, but were only really novellas and not books (it was dunk and egg series). I found them alright.

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts

Oh shit yer, I was going to open a thred like this but forgot.

Currently reading: Queen Of Candesce. By Karl Schroeder. It's the second book of a 4 book series.

If you're into SCI-FI reading then this author is the way to go.

·
Chicharito!
5,295 Posts

eBooks are an attractive idea for me, but then I look at the rather large collection of books I own and wonder how I could ever replace them with something that isn't physcial.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #166

eBooks are an attractive idea for me, but then I look at the rather large collection of books I own and wonder how I could ever replace them with something that isn't physcial.
Yeah, I have the same problem with music. I'm fond of the fact I can have 10,000 songs in a square box of 100mm sq, but when I look at all the albums I do have, I know I could never, ever replace them.

I can see why people dont have the time for these ebooks, of course.

Anybody know how an ebook is made btw?

·
Lynskey Lover
774 Posts

The Lucifer Code by Michael Cordy.

Read it over the weekend.
It's.....alright. Good story, well written, just a lame(ish) ending.

7/10

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts

Currently reading Phantom Prey, 5 chapters into it so far and I quiet enjoy it. Lots of sub plots that are happening at the stage I'm up to but still keeping up and understanding all of them

I like reading those books because its fun to read about Davenport running around in places where I konw exactly where they are talking about. Sandford is pretty good as well. I think I read that one but the cover was different what is it about?

·
How you doin?
2,879 Posts

Some girl who may have been killed, and it's got something to do with goths.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts

Just finish Stephen King's Cell, onto:

Hopefully its good.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts

Yeah hes a fairly decent writer. I really liked Certain Prey the most of of that series so far but i've only read like 6 of them.

·
Registered
439 Posts

Just finished the Remember Me series by Christopher Pike. I really enjoyed the first one but the second and third disappointed me. Has anybody also read them?

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts

Yeah I think I own 3 or 4 of them. I know one I borrowed to a guy at work and never got it back.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #179

After being forced to watch the abomination that is the movie version of The Beach recently, can anyone say they've seen a movie that actually surpasses the book?

·
40,758 Posts

I think The Shining is somewhat comparable even if it differs a great deal from the book. I still like the book better though. The Shining on it's own though is an impressive film.

The worst book to movie translation I've ever seen is probably Legends of the Fall.

161 - 180 of 2073 Posts