Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 2073 Posts

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
Re: The "Book" thread.

Unless you are like 6'5 or something I could but I would probably fall over afterwords.

·
40,760 Posts

I guess you're gonna need a chair. I probably won't be able to see it coming if I'm busy writing utter shit for morons though.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #144

Has anybody read the new Dexter yet?? No spoilers though if ya have, is it any good??

·
Registered
636 Posts

Does anybody here use libraries, or do you just buy??

I've got a few books way over that I found recently. I cant afford to pay the fine, but I want to start borrowing more books. I did plan to post the books back in the night when I can't be caught, huzzah! but I want more books. This is disasterous.

On another note, still fucking reading Lord of The Flies.
I don't use my library, it blows a big one. But there is this library in east Memphis that is fucking awesome. It has four floors and the bottom is like the children's area and its like walking into a Dr. Suess book, it also has a cafe and a Starbucks. Unfortunately you have to be a resident of Memphis to get a library card there and so I don't go because it breaks my heart not being able to get anything, but they have like every book in the universe there.

Instead I have this like 10 page list of books that I have/want so I take that with me, and pick up my mom who loves books also and we make a day out of it by going to all the Goodwill's, Salvation Army's, Amvets, and other thrift stores in our area and buy pretty good condition books for $1.50-$3.

Currently I just finished the classic And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. I'm on this weird mystery kick so I'm on the hunt for some good mysteries and "who done it" type of books. Anyone with suggestions?

·
Registered
4,794 Posts

Brighton Rock, my current favorite book. I highly recommended it.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

I don't use my library, it blows a big one. But there is this library in east Memphis that is fucking awesome. It has four floors and the bottom is like the children's area and its like walking into a Dr. Suess book, it also has a cafe and a Starbucks. Unfortunately you have to be a resident of Memphis to get a library card there and so I don't go because it breaks my heart not being able to get anything, but they have like every book in the universe there.

Instead I have this like 10 page list of books that I have/want so I take that with me, and pick up my mom who loves books also and we make a day out of it by going to all the Goodwill's, Salvation Army's, Amvets, and other thrift stores in our area and buy pretty good condition books for $1.50-$3.

Currently I just finished the classic And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. I'm on this weird mystery kick so I'm on the hunt for some good mysteries and "who done it" type of books. Anyone with suggestions?
Yah, Charity Shops are Aladdins Caves for books. If you arent fussy with what you read, you'd probably never run out of books if you look weekly.

·
Turning the paige
3,251 Posts

Change of book subject and without sounding nerdy...any love for the Harry Potter series?

Im not a huge reader of books, and this is one of the few series of books that I actually read all of them, and thankfully I stayed away from spoliers.

My favourites are Prisoner of Azkaban and Deathly Hallows, and no I can't put my finger on why. Anybody else follow these?

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

Change of book subject and without sounding nerdy...any love for the Harry Potter series?

Im not a huge reader of books, and this is one of the few series of books that I actually read all of them, and thankfully I stayed away from spoliers.

My favourites are Prisoner of Azkaban and Deathly Hallows, and no I can't put my finger on why. Anybody else follow these?
Yeah. I'm a relativly big fan of t he series. Read the books and am reading Deathly Hallows to refresh my memory on it once the movie comes out.

My favorite is the Goblet of Fire.

·
Registered
624 Posts

Just finished Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph. Wasn't that interesting of a read, he basically tells his life up to the match with Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania. I would have liked a bit more in depth analysis by him because it really just felt like a bunch of facts and even though I'm not an active wrestling viewer, he did bring up some nostalgia but since he didn't go too much in depth, it was like remeber that? Then on to the next phase.

·
Registered
636 Posts

Yea, I've been following them since the 2nd one came out. The 3rd book is definitly my favorite. After the 4th one they got so long, it was difficult for me to pay attention. They were all great, but I had to fight through some of them because I'm a slow reader so when its taken me almost a month to read one book I start skimming paragraphs or whole chapters just to get done.

·
How you doin?
2,879 Posts

Currently reading Phantom Prey, 5 chapters into it so far and I quiet enjoy it. Lots of sub plots that are happening at the stage I'm up to but still keeping up and understanding all of them

·
How you doin?
2,879 Posts

Enjoyed reading the Harry Potter books. My favourite is The Prisoner of Azkaban, as it was good how they sort of deviated away from Voldemort plus the Qudditch in it was awesome :D

On another note I want to read AGOT, and have an ebook for it but doubt I'd read it as I'd like to hold the actual book in my hand.

·
40,760 Posts

Get the actual book. It's great to turn the page and begin a new POV chapter for a character you mark the fuck out for...like Tyrion Lannister. Seriously this dwarf is the shit. The stuff he does and more importantly the things he says is greatness.

·
How you doin?
2,879 Posts

Yeh I will. I checked online for the book at one of the book stores around where I live and the prices are ranging from $14.00 to around $50.00 would you have any idea why, besides paperback and hardback.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

Get the actual book. It's great to turn the page and begin a new POV chapter for a character you mark the fuck out for...like Tyrion Lannister. Seriously this dwarf is the shit. The stuff he does and more importantly the things he says is greatness.
So true...him and Eddard are far and away my favourites.
Potter's good, and Prisoner of Azkaban is my pick of the series.
Mr Lawls whatever format you read it in, you have to try AGOT. Epically good stuff :D

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts

No idea - could be some special editions or signed copies from Martin himself? You don't need to pay $50 for it though, I bought them for a 12 euro each new.

Ftr favoruite character is Arya.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #160

eBoooks are currently great for me. I've read four books in the last 6 days, (5 if you discount Sunday where I was so hungover I couldnt even read I dont think haha,) where it took me almost two weeks to read half of one before that.

Its probably because its new to me, but I like it. Just finished Jerichos book & about to begin reading Pipers tonight.

141 - 160 of 2073 Posts