Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 2073 Posts

·
Chicharito!
5,295 Posts
Re: The "Book" thread.

Ok, I know a guy called Ben from Oxford, he'll sort me out :side:

Back on topic - I like Catcher in the Rye, one of my favourite books ever.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts

I just buy books, i'm a rereader usually unless I don't like the book much.

Anyone else think that James Patterson is a total hack? Just curious since he is really popular.
My mom is really into his books. I've read two of them and think they're alright.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

I just buy books, i'm a rereader usually unless I don't like the book much.

Anyone else think that James Patterson is a total hack? Just curious since he is really popular.
I read the first 3 Maximum Ride books by him. They were good and fun to read, but nothing incredible.

I go to the library pretty often. Usually for books i don't feel like buying or something like that. Besides if i want to re-read it i'll just check it out again.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

Uhh nah i got it on hold at the library. should get it in a week or so.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts

Patterson writes like his core audience are 10 years old, his dialouge is some of the most laughable shit i've ever read and there also has to be some assinine twist at the end of his books. Its like reading a Micheal Bay movie.

·
40,758 Posts

I always wondered what gratuitous slow motion and massive explosions read like, I might check this Patterson guy out.

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts

Patterson writes those books about the teenagers with wings right?

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts

Maybe you'll like him, I guess his Alex Cross shit is actually pretty good but I read like 4 of his other "Bestsellers" and thought they were all shit.

·
40,758 Posts

I was joking about checking out his work. I can't waste time on idiotic novels. I'll waste all day laughing my ass off at idiotic movies, especially with other people. But you can't really share the idiocy of a novel simultaneously with friends. I mean you could, but that would be fucking weird.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #136

Ahh, I dont know. If he has a core audience that read his books, he'll keep writing for that audience, however dense it may seem.

I got over my library problem.... Ebooks! Haa, I have downloaded the whole A Song of Fire & Ice Series :).

·
40,758 Posts

Ah yes, ebooks are pretty convenient. I still prefer to hold a book in my hands, but ebooks don't suck.

I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed with that decision Issues.

121 - 140 of 2073 Posts