Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall a wrestling movie that was sort of a comedy from the 80's called "Body Slam". It featured several of WWE's top stars at the time such as Roddy Piper, Tonga Kid, Mr. Fuji, The Powers Of Pain, Lou Albano, The Samoans and probably more that I'm forgetting, since it's been about 15 years since I seen the movie.

But I wondered was it a WWE production, since it featured a cameo by Ric Flair, who I'm sure was the NWA Champion at the time.

Anybody else recall the movie and the specifics?

· Mamba Mentality
25,641 Posts
I vaguely remember seeing this film years ago. I do remember seeing Flair make a brief appearance in a crowd at one point in the movie. I looked up some info on the movie on IMDb and it doesn't list the World Wrestling Federation as one of the producers or anything even though many of their wrestlers and legends had cameos in the film.

Here's a link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092684/

Trailer:

· Likes wrestling....
14,462 Posts
It was not a WWF deal although a lot of the stars were in the WWF at the time: Piper, Tonga Kid, etc...I had it on VHS and watched it....once.

Horrible movie. Biggest star I think was Dirk Bennedict whose claims to fame were his roles playing pop-cultire legends; "Face" on the A-Team and I believe the original "Starbuck" on Battlestar Galactica.

Like the previous poster said, lots of cameos made it at least watchable.

Thanks for reminding me about this movie...I had completley forgotten about Teijo Kehn until you took me back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.