Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the current plan seems to put Bobby Roode vs. James Storm back on hold, and rebuild it for Bound for Glory 2012 PPV in October.
I am sure RVD and Anderson will now get their shot and maybe Aries to drag it out till October. I wouldn't mind Aries dropping the X Division title at Destination X to Styles or someone new they might bring in so he can move up in the ranks.

·
Registered
721 Posts
RVD, Anderson and Styles as challengers are enough to keep Roode as champion until BFG.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
really? bfg seems like a long time to hold off the fued. i was thinking slammy but i guess not.

what can roode do for 5 months? rvd, anderson, hardy (who hes beat 3 times already) aj (who hes also beat) maybe if angle turns face, that would be a good fued, aries too maybe. joe should also get a shot.

·
Registered
10,060 Posts
Of course you really think they would drop Roode as the Champ yet. He is just getting started,He should screw over every person . Longer he has the belt the better. He wants to keep that belt at any cost.

I have to say i mean i like Storm a lot as a face,Imagine how much better he would be as a heel though.Like fan favour heel but heel to the roster,Stone cold style. He should have a story where he gets so sick of being nice and everyone pushing him around and turns bad. He would be so brilliant at it as Roode is doing well.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Great news! BFG is the perfect time for Storm to get his one on one rematch and to win the belt. This is how I've wanted the feud to go because I think it helps everyone, it gives Roode a really strong long reign which will help the title and him and also helps Storm by making his title winning moment absolutely huge.

AJ/RVD/Anderson/Sting can all easily keep Roode busy until October, hell even do a champ vs champ angle one month

The only thing left to make this all perfect for me is KOTM at Slammy

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Well, I hope Storm and Roode train with each other and have exhibition matches until BFG because we need a great match to cap off this feud. Maybe they can go the DDP route and just map everything out move for move. Whatever works

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
It's bad business for him to keep the belt as people don't want to buy PPVs cos they already know the ending. TNA needs to be unpredictable and shocking -- atm its stale...
I disagree, I think the storyline on the surface is fine and smart to a certain extent(the cage match threw it off).

However, I think Storm needs to step up. It seems like Roode is just carrying him as usual.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Mistake IMO.

You have to strike while to Iron is hot. By October this feud may feel cold.

Slammiversary is perfect, it's the company's ten year anniversary and a guy who's has been with the company since it's very first show winning the TNA title.

Plus it's in Texas and his name is COWBOY James Storm.

I'm not going to be all negative about this but it makes me wonder, if Storm isn't the next logical step for Slammiversary what is?

But a near 1 year title reign for Roode would be good, as long as he's able to maintain his heat.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Mistake IMO.

You have to strike while to Iron is hot. By October this feud may feel cold.

Slammiversary is perfect, it's the company's ten year anniversary and a guy who's has been with the company since it's very first show winning the TNA title.

Plus it's in Texas and his name is COWBOY James Storm.

I'm not going to be all negative about this but it makes me wonder, if Storm isn't the next logical step for Slammiversary what is?

But a near 1 year title reign for Roode would be good, as long as he's able to maintain his heat.
I agree unless then have a great storyline already to make it epic then they must do it now when they know it will go over great instead of just thinking they could think of something before the times comes.

·
Registered
559 Posts
They could have Storm start questioning his ability and taking it out on everyone. In which he gets taken out (lets say gets run over or w.e). This would leave a question to who done it. A few months pass and when he returns he takes out the guy.

- Would free up the Roode/Storm match till BFG.
- A good story line for Storm to hate Roode even more leading to BFG.
- May be a little predictable but if beginning of the story was well played out, could be a few people (Bully Ray/Anderson/Roode/Crimson)
- To keep feud still relevant, Storm could make appearances through video package, phone ins, appearances at IZ, saying he knows and when he returns to action, he will kill the guy.
- Returns, reveals Roode, keeps missing his chance every week to get his hands on him, either wins BFG series or is given the ME match at BFG.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
No to RVD and Anderson getting more shots. RVD has this one and it is bad enough, as the match will be average at best. I can deal with seeing RVD or Anderson getting shots on Impact but not on PPV.

Considering AJ looks to be headed towards ending his feud with Kaz and Daniels at Slammiversary, hopefully Roode defends in KOTM at Slammiversary then can move on to Morgan for HJ and NS. Morgan would seem like a much more viable threat to Roode than Anderson or RVD.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
All that report says is it will be Roode vs Storm in a match, not necessarily for the title. Roode vs Storm headlining BFG is a bad idea. If Roode is still champion he needs to be facing Jeff Hardy. A Hardy/Roode match will draw more buys and might actually draw a decent house.

If Roode and Storm headlining Lockdown cant even fill a 9000 seat venue a 1/3 full whats going to change in 6 months?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Sounds like a good move IMO Roode should beat Anderson, RVD, Aries, Joe, Angle, (maybe even Matt Morgan on one of the OFN impacts), and then have a match with James Storm at BFG, have Storm win the BFG series or something.

·
Premium Member
44,316 Posts
That was actually my idea from the start. Do the first match, have Roode win, and then build up the rematch to Bound for Glory. And hey, they can have Storm win the BFG Series, so yeah. I'm all for it if that is the route they take.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
All that report says is it will be Roode vs Storm in a match, not necessarily for the title. Roode vs Storm headlining BFG is a bad idea. If Roode is still champion he needs to be facing Jeff Hardy. A Hardy/Roode match will draw more buys and might actually draw a decent house.

If Roode and Storm headlining Lockdown cant even fill a 9000 seat venue a 1/3 full whats going to change in 6 months?
It all depends on the story and build and how it is told when we get there as well as the card as a whole. Jeff Hardy won't necessarily equate to more buys or draws, even though he wasn't in the ME for the last 2 shows, he was booked in 2 big matches vs Angle and how much does it looked like it helped ? Victory Road by reports disappointed.

We also have seen Hardy vs Roode so it isn't like it is fresh...and Storm vs Roode which also would be a repeat at least has a more compelling aspect to the story. You can sell viewers on the compelling aspect which is what they came up just a little short leading to Lockdown. It simmered for too long and the final promo segment between the two should have actually happened as the opening segment on the last Impact in February, the week after Storm won the #1 contenders match for LD.

Not all people buy the PPV just for the main event, and TNA should be trying to make bigger stars out of their younger or fresher talent than worrying about booking the same guys over and over. Roode and Storm are in their first year of being pushed as main event players, and putting the main event focus on them in their biggest show of the year helps further build on those guys while Hardy can be used in a smarter capacity.

Aries has recently said in an interview that Jeff Hardy is a guy he'd like to work with, so why not have Hardy vs Aries as a co main for the #1 contender. Hardy can over and get the shot at Turning Point, but Aries can still be booked to look strong in defeat and made to be credible. Hardy can subsequently put him over on Impact as being "one of his toughest matches and one of the toughest competitors or wrestlers he has ever faced". If they really want to build up Aries which they should, have him win clean at DX over AJ then make it to the final of the BFG series in a face vs face match vs Storm at NS only to lose yet again be booked strong in the match. Hogan can award Aries the #1 contender match after No Surrender because "he was blown away by Austin Aries performance at No Surrender and throughout the BFG series brother" and thinks he is going to be a future world champion in TNA.

Storm should win the title at BFG then be put over by Hardy at TP before moving into feuds with heels whoever those guys may end up being. Likelihood is someone or a couple of someones turn heel over the coming months to set up some challengers down the line (Joe, Magnus, Morgan, Aries, AJ) and there is also the possibility of Daniels, or a returning Jarrett. Unless TNA would try to put the title on Storm at BFG and execute a double turn in the process, that would be am interesting twist.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Putting the feud on hold until BFG gives TNA a great opportunity to organize their main-event scene so that when Storm wins, he'll immediately have quality opponents to face, and when Roode loses, he doesn't fall off into irrelevancy. I like it, and MAJOR props to TNA if they can pull this off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts