Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
How about you? Adding nothing to your OP is considered spam, you know.

He's good. Really enjoyed his title run. Needs to work on his crossface though. Like put some emotion into it or something instead of laying there.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Bobby's a great performer ..

Has the charisma ..

Have a great body ..

Have a great performance ..

Has all the ingredients you have a great name in professional wrestling

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't my title give away what my feelings are on bobby roode.

Honestly, if the match he had with angle at BFG was won clean, it would've been such a better result for bobby. But just from the match alone you could see how much potential and in-ring prowess he still has. After his championship loss and his minimal role in TNA for a while you would think that this guy couldn't work with top dogs, but clearly he is top 3 in TNA right now. Not to mention he got so much better at promos and speaking. It used to be so awkward to hear him or to take his "The IT factor of professional wrestling" gimmick seriously, but now it's more suitable and understandable.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
roode is overrated as fuck by TNA fans

He's a good worker, and average at best on the mic. He's completely out of guys like Aries and Daniels' leagues.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
I don't think he's underrated by anyone. He's not even underused by TNA. He gets TV time almost every week and was a great tag team with Aries. People have to move around the card. They can't be main eventers all the time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
roode is overrated as fuck by TNA fans

He's a good worker, and average at best on the mic. He's completely out of guys like Aries and Daniels' leagues.
i wouldn't say hes out of their leagues, i must admit that in terms of promos and charisma daniels and aries trumps them, but in terms of everything else; the look, in-ring work, and versatility in story lines he's pretty close. I honestly believe he can be a main-eventer if people move aside a little bit, granted it won't be for a while because at the moment it's AJ's run. I'm still hoping for a day where the main event will consist of Daniels, Roode, Aries, and Styles. I think they're all ready.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
i wouldn't say hes out of their leagues, i must admit that in terms of promos and charisma daniels and aries trumps them, but in terms of everything else; the look, in-ring work, and versatility in story lines he's pretty close. I honestly believe he can be a main-eventer if people move aside a little bit, granted it won't be for a while because at the moment it's AJ's run. I'm still hoping for a day where the main event will consist of Daniels, Roode, Aries, and Styles. I think they're all ready.
That day should've been a few years ago.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think he's adequately rated. He's good in all aspects of wrestling, but he doesn't "wow" you in any particular category. Honestly, he screams midcard to me, but there really isn't anyone in TNA that feels like main event, save for Kurt and Sting, so I guess its about right that Rhode is in this spot in the company.

Also, I think he should've changed his name back to Robert when he turned heel. "Bobby" sounds like a face. Not on topic, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Roode is nothing special at all. His awful title reign is the reason I quit watching tna.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
he is awful. he couldn't cut a great promo with a scissor up his ass. that's how bad he is.

·
Banned
3,977 Posts
How the hell is he underrated? He is constantly praised by everyone, he is one of the most appreciated talents in the business. There's barely anyone that dislikes the guy, he was a World Champion, a lengthy one at that. He can't be in the title picture forever, other guys deserve time at the top too. He's fine being in a program with different people that doesn't revolve around the Main Event.

·
Registered
178 Posts
why do people seem to think he's underrated? I've never seen anyone dog on him for anything, everyone seems to love him..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh? is that just aboot right eh?

he's underrated because he's not consistently the top dog. Underrated means to underestimate the extent, value, or importance of. So let's make an analogy, Bobby Roode is like the Zach Randolph of Wrestling. Zach Randolph, if anybody watch the NBA, is a power forward in the Memphis Grizzlies, he posts up consistently 15 points and 10-14 rebounds a game which is extremely solid and is a great defensive player. He gets praised by some, not all but isn't given opportunities higher than other stars that post similar numbers. So is Zach Randolph not underrated? Bobby Roode similarly is extremely solid in the ring, getting BETTER at promos, has the looks and build that casual fans like however is he the "IT FACTOR" as his nickname implies or is he upper mid-card at best. The whole point of this thread is to discuss how Bobby Roode is indeed an underrated talent because like Z-BO (zach randolph) he gives you consistency and is even getting better but the amount of limelight given to him is unproportionate.

·
Registered
106 Posts
he has the longest title run in TNA History. i don't see him as an underrated talent.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts