He doesn't deserve to break AJ's record, sorry. :/

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
AJ > Roode imo.

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
I hope he keeps it for a really long time, over a year. I've been entertained with him, and not having a revolving door of champions lets you focus on other parts of your product and bring them up to speed.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
I think he deserves it and thats coming from a fan of AJ Styles, Roodes entertained me throughout his reign and hes brought back some prestige to it after it being treated like a hot potatoe last year..

Also on the topic of history making, Gail Kim is 5 days away from being the longest Knockouts Champion ever, First Ever and Longest Ever soon for Gail, Thats amazing. =D

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
If it does happen I want AJ to beat it again. Personally. I should start watching the product more...
Not really. What product? Dixie, Hogan, and Flair talking for two hours? Then what? Wrestling? Garrett Bischoff being pushed to the moon? lol.

And yeah, AJ > Roode.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
TNA have far exceeded my hopes and expectations for Roode's reign. It's been fantastic and if he breaks the record then it'll be another footnote in the most memorable TNA title reign ever imo.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
AJ can kiss my ass xD

Roode for one year title reign!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Roode's reign has been far better than AJ's. AJ's started well feuding with Sting, Daniels, Joe and Angle but then fell off a cliff once they made him Nature Boy Jr. The guy was a total afterthought for basically 4 months out of the 8 he held it.

Roode has used his title reign to become a main player in TNA and has had great matches, promos and feuds during it.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Roode's reign has been far better than AJ's. AJ's started well feuding with Sting, Daniels, Joe and Angle but then fell off a cliff once they made him Nature Boy Jr. The guy was a total afterthought for basically 4 months out of the 8 he held it.

Roode has used his title reign to become a main player in TNA and has had great matches, promos and feuds during it.
How is any of that AJ's fault. The four months AJ had better Hogan and his boys came to ruin him were way better than anything Roode put on. WAY better. He legit had about 3-4 MOTY candidates(AJ vs Kurt on impact night before BFG, AJ vs Daniels, AJ vs Daniels vs Joe, and maybe AJ vs Kurt on 1/4) from the time he won the title until Hogan came in. Roode has had none. Roode benefits from massively superior booking, they are actually letting him be strong and be his own man and winning against the Ex-WWE guys, which AJ was never allowed to do. Case in point, they had Reefer Van Dam go over AJ Styles on the same night he beat Jeff Hardy on a random episode of impact. Meanwhile Roode owns victories over Anderson, RVD, and Jeff Hardy. And yeah like you said they also had him play a henchmen to Ric Flair during his freaking title reign.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fuck AJ, he has been on the spotlight for way too long. Let's hope that the Roode title reign doesn't end in a while.

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Roode might not have had as many MOTY candidates as AJ, but his reign has been much, much more interesting overall.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Again, the booking made his better. The quality of the individual performer easily goes to AJ.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts