Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got finished watching the main event of The Great American Bash between John Cena and Bobby Lashley. I thought the match was the match that Bobby Lashley was on the verge of become the next best thing. The reaction he got from the match was phenomenal and if he would have not been injured and stayed, he probably would have main evented Wrestlemania the next year. So my question is if Bobby Lashley would not have been injured and stayed in the WWE, would he have become the next "Brock Lesnar". And what the impact would be IF he returned to the WWE?

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Yes, I think he could have been HUGE at that point in 2007.

Do I think he would be big now? Absolutely not. His passion is MMA now and frankly, he's getting old and rough around the edges. I mean have you seen his cauliflower ears? Sheesh.

· Registered
5,034 Posts
I was a huge Bobby Lashley fan during his WWE run. He would of definitely have been a huge star if he had not gotten injured and left.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
He stood out from being off the hook like Lesnar was, but he was still green and the enevitible waterfall of WWE workload was gonna take the edge off and make him an overpushed guy who everyone thought was gonna save us from Cena.

Even more potential gone to waste along with Jindrak,Cade, Mordecai, Doug Basham, Claudio, Carlito, O'haire, Palumbo, Dlo, 3 Minute warning, Ultimo dragon and Terkay

· Registered
1,247 Posts
I watched that match recently as well (on the John Cena DVD, right?), and I thought it was pretty good. It's one of those matches that easily disproves all the "Cena can't wrestle" nonsense.

I'm kind of surprised that WWE hasn't tried to bring in another MMA guy. They've had success in the past with guys like Shamrock, Dan Severn, Lashley. With the explosion in popularity of MMA over the last few years, you would think Vince would be trying to capitalize on that.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
I'm kind of surprised that WWE hasn't tried to bring in another MMA guy. They've had success in the past with guys like Shamrock, Dan Severn, Lashley. With the explosion in popularity of MMA over the last few years, you would think Vince would be trying to capitalize on that.
Lashley was in WWE before MMA.

But I do agree, if Vince got a hold of guys like Georges St. Pierre or Rampage Jackson they would be main-eventers within weeks.

· Registered
311 Posts
His impact would be minute. He, Brock Lesnar and Batista could return as replacements for the New Nexus and John Cena and Randy Orton would team up to bury them all. And I am a Cena fan.

As long as Cena and Orton are there noone will be booked stronger than them even a returning Lesnar! WWE will pay for it too in the long run!

· Registered
45 Posts
Though he has an impressive physique, he's too soft spoken to be taken seriously.. He's bland on the mic, his charisma is comparable to Dean Malenko, plus he looks like a baby.. He'll have a worse world title reign than Sheamus or Swagger.. His run as the ECW champion is forgettable..

· Banned
4,461 Posts
This was around the time he was gaining the momentum he had lost once he left Smackdown...he was VERY over with fans at this point and was someone that was not gonna be pushed back down. Not with his size and general athletic ability and the reactions he was getting. Those Lashley and Bobby chants were getting louder and louder.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
He was my favorite in 07. I wish he was still here. He would have been a definite ME stay.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.