Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Once a highly touted professional wrestling convert, Bobby Lashley has fallen on hard times. After beginning his professional mixed martial arts career with five consecutive victories, he’s lost two of his last four fights to “journeyman” fighters. This weekend Lashley’s stock nosedived, as he was outworked by a man he was heavily favored to beat, James Thompson.

Thompson swept the scorecards in the main event of Super Fight League 3, leaving a once promising prospect’s career at a crossroads. At 35 years old, Lashley’s days as a pro fighter could be numbered.

Poor Lashley :( :sad: :( :sad: :( :sad: :( :sad::( :sad: :( :sad:

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Well at least he tried to do MMA. For every Brock Lesnar there's a Bobby Lashley (or Batista).

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well at least he tried to do MMA. For every Brock Lesnar there's a Bobby Lashley (or Batista).
For every Brock Lesnar there are 1500 Lashleys or Batistas.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I predicted in another thread Bobby Lashley would be another surprise return to WWE maybe this is a sign he will come back

·
Registered
590 Posts
How on earth does someone lose to James Thompson? Seriously? He's one of the worst MMA fighters ever next to Bob Sapp!

·
Registered
557 Posts
How on earth does someone lose to James Thompson? Seriously? He's one of the worst MMA fighters ever next to Bob Sapp!
Cmon this is insult to the Colossus. Thompson >>>> Sapp. Sapp is ultimate jobber4life.

·
21-0
1,881 Posts
I dont get the hate for Lashley. He sucked on the mic, but he was pretty damn good in the ring. His finishers were all great, and he put on some very good matches with Cena,Booker,Finlay,Umaga,RVD.

I would love to see him come back and take on Lesnar.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
Where's that report come from? The fact that they're saying he's fallen on hard times because he's lost a few fights is ridiculous. Falling on hard times is usually used to refer to somebody who's have severe monetary issues. Not some fat cat who decided he'll play martial arts fighter for a while and has been unsuccessful.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Where's that report come from? The fact that they're saying he's fallen on hard times because he's lost a few fights is ridiculous. Falling on hard times is usually used to refer to somebody who's have severe monetary issues. Not some fat cat who decided he'll play martial arts fighter for a while and has been unsuccessful.
His stocks fell or something or other, apparently or whatnot.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
I dont get the hate for Lashley. He sucked on the mic, but he was pretty damn good in the ring. His finishers were all great, and he put on some very good matches with Cena,Booker,Finlay,Umaga,RVD.

I would love to see him come back and take on Lesnar.
He was woeful in the ring. Awkward, slow, a bad seller and had a terrible work rate. I couldn't stand anything about him.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I bet WWE & TNA are starting to look pretty good right now, huh Bobby?

There's no doubt in my mind Lashley would have ended up becoming a WWE Champion at some point (whether we like it or not) and his run in TNA was so weird. The goal was to use him tocross promote as a wrestler and MMA fighter, he gets a deal with an MMA company, and then he's gone. OK.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
His stocks fell or something or other, apparently or whatnot.
That's a play on words meaning that his value to the fighting world has gone down.

He's not on hard times, he just fucking sucks as a fighter. I'm sure he's doing just fine otherwise.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
That's a play on words meaning that his value to the fighting world has gone down.

He's not on hard times, he just fucking sucks as a fighter. I'm sure he's doing just fine otherwise.
Yea so essentially he's not making as much money in his fights right?

Meh. He has a smoothie bar company to run doesn't he?

·
Banned
254 Posts

He doesn't even suck as a fighter, he just lost 2 matches ffs. This thread is retarded.

·
21-0
1,881 Posts
He was woeful in the ring. Awkward, slow, a bad seller and had a terrible work rate. I couldn't stand anything about him.
I thought he was pretty damn good for a big guy. How many guys can do a dive over the top rope like he did? Undertaker, and not many others. He had some very good matches, that is for sure.

And to everyone saying he is done, the guy is 7-2. that is still a great record in my mind.

·
Registered
664 Posts
well, he lost against a C level fighter in an indian bush league and looked horrible while doing it. Lashley is irrelevant in MMA.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts