• Paul Heyman

Votes: 20 32.8%

Bobby Heenan Or Paul Heyman?

2217 Views 30 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  wjd1989
Whos the GOAT manager?
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
5,648 Posts
Heyman because he has always managed to stand the test of time and he always keeps his finger on the pulse and he always gets whats the fans want, if he wasn't such a lousy businessman we'd still have ECW today.

· The One Who Knocks
5,640 Posts
Heyman because he has always managed to stand the test of time and he always keeps his finger on the pulse and he always gets whats the fans want, if he wasn't such a lousy businessman we'd still have ECW today.
He said manager, not booker.

Definitely Heenan. Far and away he's number one. I'd probably put Heyman second though. Then throw Paul Bearer and Jim Cornette into the mix. But there's no doubt Heenan is the GOAT.

· A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,955 Posts
It's without a doubt Heenan, I'm pretty sure Heyman would be the first to admit this also, that said, Heyman is very close behind Heenan and is without a doubt also one of the GOAT's.

And you know if Zeb Colter is allowed to be around for a while too on screen the way that he currently is, he's going to be up there also.

· Registered
7,203 Posts
Heenan was just so good at not only getting people to love him or hate him, but just knew how to build to that point where when the baby face finally got to kick his ass, the fans would explode the very most. And when he took that beating he was awesome at taking bumps.

· Registered
2,032 Posts
For my money I'd take any of the old school managers from Heenan's era over Heyman (except whippleman). I really loved the Heenan family. And the Bossman's mama storyline was one of my favs.

· I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,512 Posts
Bobby Heenan. Don't get me wrong I enjoy Heyman and think he's excellent. But I grew up with Heenan and he's easily the best manager in WWF/WWE history. IMO.

· How you doing?
5,109 Posts
Heyman for me, not only he made ECW allot better, the same like when Eric Bischoff made WCW allot better. And he is somebody who is in unrivaled heights on the mic. And as a heel you really will hate him, especially now he is keeps repeating that his client, Brock Lesnar, defeated the undefeated Streak. XD

· Registered
600 Posts
I think you should have just asked which of the two is better, not which is the greatest of all time because there certainly other managers who deserve to be in the discussion. I personally believe Capt. Lou Albano rarely gets the recognition he deserves. He managed 15 tag-teams to the World Titles, as the manager of Ivan Koloff he ended Bruno Sammartino's 7+ year title reign and he was a very important (and seemingly forgotten) part of the '80s boom. And while I'm sure few would agree with me, I found him, in his own unique way, to be just as entertaining as Bobby Heenan.

· Registered
1,119 Posts
I don't know how we can have a GOAT without adding the "Mouth from the South" Jimmy Hart, Dutch Mantell (Zeb Coulter), Paul Bearer, Mr. Fuji, and some of those managers from the 70's. Managers just seem like a thing of the past, which makes Paul Heyman bigger than he actually is. Not saying he sucks, because he's great at what he does. But those old school managers were amazing. I'd love to see guys that talk well, that doesn't wrestle well, get put into a managers role, such as the Miz.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.