Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lanny Poffo reported on his Poetry in Motion podcast Wednesday that WWE Hall of Famer Bobby “The Brain” Heenan has been in and out of a coma at a Tampa, Florida hospital and isn’t doing good at all. Poffo added that Heenan wasn’t aware of anything and has been unconscious. Our thoughts go out to Heenan and his family.
I hope The Brain passes away.

I don't wish death on anybody, but I want Bobby to be able to rest. He's fought for years and its time for him to be out of pain.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
It was inevitable I guess. Thanks for the memories if you don't make it Bobby!

·
Ho!
17,493 Posts
This is tragic. Even though he was a commentator before I started watching WWE (though he was there in WCW, but I was still pretty young), watching any of the older matches with him on commentary was always a great treat. It will be a shame to see him go, but at the very least it won't come out of left field and we can brace ourselves for it.

I have to say thanks for the many laughs Bobby. I'm sure for those who watched during your time, you gave them a thousand times more.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Oh man :/

If they do a video package for him on RAW I'll probably break down

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
Bobby Heenan is a man I've loved since childhood, so it's difficult to express how much every news item about his worsening condition hurts me. It's as though it will never end. God bless you, Brain.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Very sad to hear about this. He's contributed so much to the industry. Fantastic manager/wrestler, fanastic wit and just a credit to pro wrestling. Utter legend.

I hope he slips away peacefully. :(

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts
Very sad news, Hennan was not just one of the greatest managers/commentators to ever live but one of the greatest talents to ever grace professional wrestling.

Thanks for everything Brain.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Terrible news, if he passes away soon may it be very peaceful, quick and painless.

However, to quote the great man himself, "If the late, great Gorilla Monsoon couldn't shut me up, cancer isn't going to either..."

I know his cancer remitted, but it goes to show he's a fighter till the end, and he won't go without a fight.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
:( :( The day we lose Bobby will be a very sad day indeed. The greatest manager of all time, one of the greatest commentators in history as well. I re-watched his HOF speech from a few years ago just the other day, such a funny man and so well respected amongst his peers.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I'd be inclined to believe Poffo before No DQ, but regardless - if it's true, I hope he recovers well or moves onto the next World out of suffering sometime soon.

If not, then I'm glad it was false information.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
I hope The Brain passes away.

I don't wish death on anybody, but I want Bobby to be able to rest. He's fought for years and its time for him to be out of pain.
Schiavone and now this... for all the laughs he was able to garner, he didn't deserve all those tears...

Crap. :(

It'll be a sad day for the wrestling world when the funniest, and one of the smartest, men in the industry finally leaves us.
Most definitely.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts