Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrestling INC: I know you've been asked this a lot and you're probably tired of answering it, but the match with Brock Lesnar where you broke your neck, the story going around back then was that it was a botched powerbomb where you guys weren't cooperating or something that led to the broken neck, but since then you've said that it actually wasn't supposed to be a powerbomb. Is that right?

Holly: Yeah. It was supposed to be a deal where he looks like he's going to powerbomb me but I land on my feet, he charges me, I duck underneath his clothesline, he comes back, I give him a dropkick. That was the move. Like I tell, because everybody asks me that same question, it's like okay. People have got to use their head here. If you really stop and think, which these people, they get on the Internet and type all the bulls*** and everything else, they don't think past the end of their nose. If you take a guy like Brock Lesnar, and you take a guy like me, if Brock Lesnar can take Big Show and belly to belly him halfway across the ring, you've got to ask yourself, could I stop Brock Lesnar from giving me a powerbomb? Can I really sandbag that move to where he couldn't do it? When people stop and think about it, it's like well, yeah. That does make sense. If he can pick a 500 pound guy up and throw him over his head, here I'm 228 pounds, you really think I could stop Brock from doing anything to me? I'm serious. [laughter]

On top of that, it was a move that I'm supposed to look good, that I'm supposed to shine on. So, why would I screw up my own move? That just goes to show you, people will say what they want to say and put it out there and it just gets legs and people run with it and say oh, this happened, this happened. They weren't there. They weren't in the locker room. They weren't in the ring. They don't know what was going through anybody's head. How do they know? You really have to stop and think. When stuff like this is put out there, you really have to stop and think. It's nonsense. It's really nonsense because me and Brock have always got along good. I've always loved working with the guy because he's rough. That's my style. I love it like that and I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't stand working with a guy that barely hits you and you can't even sell it because you don't know if you got hit or not. It's just stuff that people put out there and it's hard to believe unless you hear it from the horse's mouth. It's like in Brock's book. He never said one word about doing it on purpose or it was a messed up move or Bob tried to sandbag me and all this. He never said one word of it in his book or in any interviews. People got to really stop and think before they believe what they read.

Wrestling INC: So there was no heat at all on your end for the incident or anything like that?

Holly: Oh, absolutely not. No, because he was trying to hold me. We got in the back and he was like, Bob, I was trying to hold you up. He had the flu anyway and he was like I was trying to hold ya. I was trying to reach for the back of his head. It just happened. It was an accident. The guy just got there. He hadn't been there very long, so it's not like he's going to start dumping people on their head and hurting people. He doesn't want to end up losing his job. There was no heat there whatsoever. He called me after I had my surgery and everything, called me, checked on me, and stuff like that. We've always had a great relationship. It's just people that decide, let me write a blog. Brock did it on purpose because Bob tried to sandbag him and then see how far that goes. It just spread like wildfires. It's people that weren't there. They don't know.
He's pretty spot on when he says things can spread like wildfire even if they're completely untrue. I see no reason for Bob to lie about the situation, he is a guy that tells it like it is. Hopefully this sets the record straight in some people's minds.

Credit: Wrestlinginc http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2013/1017/566485/bob-holly-talks-brock-lesnar-controversy/index-2.shtml

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I still think he's a dick.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone who thinks he actually sandbagged Lesnar is a fucking idiot anyway. They make out like he wanted his neck broken. It was his safety at risk, why would he compromise himself and put his life in danger to make someone look bad?
Because he wanted to teach Lesnar a lesson obviously :roll:

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
He kind of contradicted himself. He says Brock is strong enough to manhandle him and overcome being sandbagged, but then says Brock was sick at that time and wasn't strong enough to hold him. IDK, I still think he sandbagged Lesnar, causing Brock to accidentally drop him on his head.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
This makes a hell of a lot more sense than the story the broken neck story. I'm kind of embarrassed to have actually believed it.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He kind of contradicted himself. He says Brock is strong enough to manhandle him and overcome being sandbagged, but then says Brock was sick at that time and wasn't strong enough to hold him. IDK, I still think he sandbagged Lesnar, causing Brock to accidentally drop him on his head.
I think he's saying he'd have been an idiot sandbag Lesnar if Lesnar was healthy because he is freakishly strong, however that day he it was just a case of Lesnar being sick and miscommunication/timing.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,166 Posts
I took it as Brock dropped him or he slipped.

This does sound like a more believable story.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Too bad the guy is garbage, trailer southern white trash... he's not even worth the name of being called southern though since he wasn't loyal and instead pledged allegiance to an east coast company (wwf), over a southern one (WCW)..... actually maybe he did work for WCW secretly as a spy since he was such garbage on WWF he actually helped WCW by showing up on RAW or Sunday Night Heat.

Brock Lesnar coula maybe dropped him on his head just a little harder??? if hardcore holly had a permanently paralyzed gimmick it might have actually been entertaining in a haha you suck kinda way. Instead we got an awful ugly wrestler with the charisma of a robot.

the fact hardcore holly still thinks hes important enough to be interviewed is unbelievable. the headshots, the roids, and painkillers must have really messed up his head... maybe he has dementia and schizophrenia so he really thinks he's stone cold steve austin? I could see it.

here's the fact about hardcore holly that nobody can dispute. Hell in a Cell: Undertaker vs. Mankind. Take out mankind, but in hardcore holly, and have hardcore holly do the same exact spot that mankind did by falling off the cell onto the tables. there would be absolutely zero reaction in the building still. Instead of saying "THAT's IT. THAT KILLED HIM!!!!!", Jim Ross would just say something like," In other news, King I absolutely cannot wait for the main event, what do you think of it?" in response to hardcore holly doing the mankind spot.

also, who the hell wheres blue and pink tight boxer shorts???? Hardcore holly does.

Awful, awful wrestler.

the only thing that might give him some admirable attention was if he was addicted to alcohol or pills and went to ddp and inspired some folks into recovering themselves. Unfortunately he isn't even good enough to be an alcoholic or junky.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Too bad the guy is garbage, trailer southern white trash... he's not even worth the name of being called southern though since he wasn't loyal and instead pledged allegiance to an east coast company (wwf), over a southern one (WCW)..... actually maybe he did work for WCW secretly as a spy since he was such garbage on WWF he actually helped WCW by showing up on RAW or Sunday Night Heat.

Brock Lesnar coula maybe dropped him on his head just a little harder??? if hardcore holly had a permanently paralyzed gimmick it might have actually been entertaining in a haha you suck kinda way. Instead we got an awful ugly wrestler with the charisma of a robot.

the fact hardcore holly still thinks hes important enough to be interviewed is unbelievable. the headshots, the roids, and painkillers must have really messed up his head... maybe he has dementia and schizophrenia so he really thinks he's stone cold steve austin? I could see it.

here's the fact about hardcore holly that nobody can dispute. Hell in a Cell: Undertaker vs. Mankind. Take out mankind, but in hardcore holly, and have hardcore holly do the same exact spot that mankind did by falling off the cell onto the tables. there would be absolutely zero reaction in the building still. Instead of saying "THAT's IT. THAT KILLED HIM!!!!!", Jim Ross would just say something like," In other news, King I absolutely cannot wait for the main event, what do you think of it?" in response to hardcore holly doing the mankind spot.

also, who the hell wheres blue and pink tight boxer shorts???? Hardcore holly does.

Awful, awful wrestler.

the only thing that might give him some admirable attention was if he was addicted to alcohol or pills and went to ddp and inspired some folks into recovering themselves. Unfortunately he isn't even good enough to be an alcoholic or junky.
Dang man. What's your issue with Holly?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I always was a Holly mark. Loved the "super heavyweight" gimmick and always loved his matches. His drop kick was incredible.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Awful, awful wrestler.

Did he shoot your dog or something?

·
I Am The Liquor
3,075 Posts

Awful, awful wrestler.

Sounds to me like you're secretly in love with him.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
In context though, the accusation is that he sandbagged him - so what Bob's saying in a round about way is "how the hell could I sandbag Lesnar? He's a beast. What actually happened is we botched the move because he had the flu and was feeling weak and I couldn't grab his head".

Basically the only way Lesnar is struggling to get him up is because of a flu, not because of any resistance from Bob.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Always god to hear it from the people who actually were in the ring and taking the bumps. Much respect to Bob for his understanding, and much respect to Brock for checking on Bob after his surgery. These are the things as fans we don't get to see or hear about.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took it as Brock dropped him or he slipped.

This does sound like a more believable story.
I could see it as this

Lesnar is still insanely green at this point. The spot goes wrong and Bob isn't going up which makes Lesnar panick. Instead of putting him down safely his first instinct is to do the powerbomb.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts