Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meltzer reports:
I don’t know what, if anything, this means for TNA and its current financial situation, but Bob Carter is no longer listed as an officer of Panda Energy. Wife Janice Carter (Dixie’s mother) is both President and CEO of the company. Janice Carter is also the person who controls how much money Panda puts into TNA, which appears to be why the company is tight financially right now. I don’t know if this is a significant change as it regards TNA, since Janice Carter has been the one making the decisions on how much money from the outside that would be put into the company now for a few years.
Court Bauer mentioned this a few weeks ago on his podcast. He said he'd heard Bob Carter is retiring soon and wants to see out his days enjoying his well earned fortune. What with talks of a possible sale in 2014, thought it might be worth discussing.

Delete if its already been posted.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
Kinda suspected as much. Dixie is almost 50, Bob and Janice would have to be at least 70, prime retirement age. It would explain why 2013 was called a make-or-break year.

Even though it isn't a publically traded stock, Panda Energy still has its own investors and venture capitalists involved. When preparing for a change of leadership, the Carter's are going to want to make the company look as viable and healthy as possible. In short, TNA had a year to become profitable, otherwise the Carter's are washing their hands of the thing, one way or another.

·
Registered
178 Posts
In short, TNA had a year to become profitable, otherwise the Carter's are washing their hands of the thing, one way or another.
I´m not gonna say that the above couldn´t be the case.
However it would make little sense for it to be so.
It has been verified multiple times that TNA was profitable prior to going on the road.
If such a demand was in place, Dixie would have effectively killed the company by going on the road. Considering how many times she has talked about going on the road being a financial burden it doesn´t seem like the kind of risk you would run if you were under that kind of significant pressure.

On another note, hopefully these financial restriction will, at some point, lead to Dixie realising that good creative and smart booking gives you a much better TV-show for a lot less money than throwing cash at big name wrestlers.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
I´m not gonna say that the above couldn´t be the case.
However it would make little sense for it to be so.
It has been verified multiple times that TNA was profitable prior to going on the road.
If such a demand was in place, Dixie would have effectively killed the company by going on the road. Considering how many times she has talked about going on the road being a financial burden it doesn´t seem like the kind of risk you would run if you were under that kind of significant pressure.

On another note, hopefully these financial restriction will, at some point, lead to Dixie realising that good creative and smart booking gives you a much better TV-show for a lot less money than throwing cash at big name wrestlers.
TNA's profitability is dubious concerning how much they spend (loads) versus PPV buyrates (pathetic), ratings (sub-par to terrible), and gate receipts (none before leaving the IZ, lousy after).
And Dixie has been firmly established to be a moron. Hogan and Bischoff had her ear and was telling her to take it on the road.
As for the last note... Yeeah, Dixie's a moron. It will only happen by accident.

·
Registered
178 Posts
TNA's profitability is dubious concerning how much they spend (loads) versus PPV buyrates (pathetic), ratings (sub-par to terrible), and gate receipts (none before leaving the IZ, lousy after).

And Dixie has been firmly established to be a moron. Hogan and Bischoff had her ear and was telling her to take it on the road.
I said absolutely nothing about TNA being profitable in its current state.

In fact, you proposed a hypothesis in which the Carters had threatened TNAs existence, at a period in time where it has been fully established that TNA was profitable, with the demand that TNA had to be profitable in a year. After which Dixie chose to take TNA on the road, knowing full well (that is another established fact), that it would lead to massive financial losses for TNA, thereby willfully killing the company.

What I told was that the above scenario would be highly unlikely.

For some reason you then chose to tell me what i had already stated, namely that TNA is currently losing money.

I would agree that she is . Although, we know for a fact that she did manage to stay within her budget, and even make a profit prior to going on the road, so her stupidity does have its limits.
Which suggests that it would be unlikely for her to take the show on the road, after being told that she would lose money, and that TNA losing money would mean her losing the company.

The logical conclusion is, as i wrote ealier; your hypothesis is extremely unlikely.

·
Registered
559 Posts
As for the last note... Yeeah, Dixie's a moron. It will only happen by accident.
This post makes me laugh. PPV buyrates? Oh yeh I forget you work within the company and know these. Ratings? Wrestling itself is not doing very well. TNA is still one, if not the highest rated show on Spike. Taking it on the road helps grow any wrestling company. Just need to be dealt with rightly.

Lets think more positively. First we have Spike? none of us know what they actually do. But there are rumours they help with some wrestling contracts and advertising. TNA growing around the world. TNA keeps increasing its fan base around the world. All these countries PAY TNA to show their show on their network. Merch - Again we don't know all the figures, but they too contribute to finances.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
This post makes me laugh. PPV buyrates? Oh yeh I forget you work within the company and know these. Ratings? Wrestling itself is not doing very well. TNA is still one, if not the highest rated show on Spike. Taking it on the road helps grow any wrestling company. Just need to be dealt with rightly.

Lets think more positively. First we have Spike? none of us know what they actually do. But there are rumours they help with some wrestling contracts and advertising. TNA growing around the world. TNA keeps increasing its fan base around the world. All these countries PAY TNA to show their show on their network. Merch - Again we don't know all the figures, but they too contribute to finances.
So basically fuck all the anti-TNA rumours and then go on to spout Pro TNA rumours with no source or proof to back them up. Got it.

WWE aren't struggling either so none of that pro wrestling is struggling /Dying stuff either.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I was gonna post a picture of the Titanic but really, WCW earned that one. It's okay, WCW. No-one is going to take your status away.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
How does Bob and Janice retiring equal bad news for TNA? Dixie Carter is the one who will take over Panda Energy ultimately.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
How does Bob and Janice retiring equal bad news for TNA? Dixie Carter is the one who will take over Panda Energy ultimately.
No she wont. Dixie has a brother who is taking over Panda. Its why Bob feels the need to give him daughter so much money on a money loser like TNA. Because she has nothing to do with Panda Energy and her brother is a big part of the corporation.

Dont mean to be a dick, because I have nothing against Dixie, but she's not qualified to take over a company like Panda. If she was qualified she'd have spent the last two decades working in a high position in the company.

·
Registered
559 Posts
So basically fuck all the anti-TNA rumours and then go on to spout Pro TNA rumours with no source or proof to back them up. Got it.

WWE aren't struggling either so none of that pro wrestling is struggling /Dying stuff either.
HaHa of course wrestling is struggling. It is no where near the heights it used to be. You must be living in the "WWE Universe" to think it's not.

I never said "fuck" the anti-TNA rumours. But if your going to make up facts which was what I quoted, then at least mention both sides. Rather then just being like TNA sucks. Everything they do is wrong bla bla same old shit.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I projected TNA would not last more than 5 more years unless major overhauls happen, it might end sooner than I thought?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts