Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Taylor and Windham, two brothers who don't ever seem to visit the gym.

·
AnGOATio Cesaro
4,539 Posts
I wish this wasnt a troll thread. We've also had this thread like twice already.

Again, he lucked into a great thing purely by happenstance. The creative team overdid a face push for a mediocre talent and then (unlike the main roster creative team) actually recognized when one of their guys was getting real heat and just had him turn it up a notch from smiley good guy to obnoxious troll. He's essentially the same character he was. He still thinks he's the greatest thing on earth, he still thinks everyone loves him, and he still doesn't stop showing those weirdly spaced teeth every chance he gets. EXACTLY the same thing he did as a face. All he did was up the corniness and catch phrases and start feuding with fan favorites. I don't get how his supporters can give him so much credit when it really is mostly the crowd and writers who made it work.

Don't get me wrong. This is the best work he's done...ever. He's much more tolerable now than he ever was. But that doesn't change the fact that he's an average worker who only gets by on hot finishes, the most awkward mic worker of all time (up there with axel), and a poor look. The only reason he gets as much heat as he does is because he's always in front of a smark crowd who's had to sit through his overpush for over a year. I don't think it'll translate to the main roster well and even if it does then it's not a long term gimmick. And he's got nothing else. I'd be happy to be proven wrong because it's a good midcard heel character, I'm just not optimistic.

Besides I can't tell him and Tamina Snuka apart :side:

·
Registered
853 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
You gotta love Bo Dallas, the ultimate troll. I wanted to see that gimmick since YEARS and finally, it came true. He is just hilarious and he is much better than Sami Zayn. The guy is here since what ? 6 months and everybody act like he is the future or even worse, they say that he is like the legend - wait for it - ary El Generico :faint:

·
Registered
118 Posts
He's doing what Cena should be doing, playing a heel but trying to act like a face. I didn't like him at first but he grew on me, I find him entertaining.

·
Registered
500 Posts
He's doing what Cena should be doing, playing a heel but trying to act like a face. I didn't like him at first but he grew on me, I find him entertaining.
Exactly, this would bring Cena's character to another level.

The fact that Bo gets this much hate shows how over this gimmick is. All the smarks are falling into it. He's playing it beautifully so far.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
What?
13,511 Posts
They're probably testing the execution with Bo and you'll see Cena do this when he turns heel.

Seriously though I'd fucking LOL if Bo debuted on the main roster with this gimmick and got crazy over with the kids.

·
From parts unknown
23,262 Posts
What Cena's doing is even better. He's genuinely loved by half the crowd, and genuinely hated by the rest. His promo where he mocked the fans about doing a heel turn was gold.

Other than HHH, I can't name another wrestler having accomplished that in their careers.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wish this wasnt a troll thread. We've also had this thread like twice already.

Again, he lucked into a great thing purely by happenstance. The creative team overdid a face push for a mediocre talent and then (unlike the main roster creative team) actually recognized when one of their guys was getting real heat and just had him turn it up a notch from smiley good guy to obnoxious troll. He's essentially the same character he was. He still thinks he's the greatest thing on earth, he still thinks everyone loves him, and he still doesn't stop showing those weirdly spaced teeth every chance he gets. EXACTLY the same thing he did as a face. All he did was up the corniness and catch phrases and start feuding with fan favorites. I don't get how his supporters can give him so much credit when it really is mostly the crowd and writers who made it work.

Don't get me wrong. This is the best work he's done...ever. He's much more tolerable now than he ever was. But that doesn't change the fact that he's an average worker who only gets by on hot finishes, the most awkward mic worker of all time (up there with axel), and a poor look. The only reason he gets as much heat as he does is because he's always in front of a smark crowd who's had to sit through his overpush for over a year. I don't think it'll translate to the main roster well and even if it does then it's not a long term gimmick. And he's got nothing else. I'd be happy to be proven wrong because it's a good midcard heel character, I'm just not optimistic.

Besides I can't tell him and Tamina Snuka apart :side:
I don't think this is quite fair to Bo...look, what you said is mostly correct about how all this came about, but I don't think it follows from that that the crowd and the writers deserve almost all of the credit. He has been playing this character excellently, and he is not acting the same now as he did during his face push. He's generally doing similar stuff but his promos, little things, ring work have all picked up a lot since this started.

I know because he was so shitty before it's hard to give him credit, but I really think this is just an example of a wrestler finding his way right before our eyes. I think this gimmick will translate and I think he'll keep getting better at it. I don't think it needs to be preceded by a failed face push to work on the main roster - you're really telling me that if he came up next week and started acting the same exact way he does on NXT he wouldn't get a reaction? I think he would.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
You gotta love Bo Dallas, the ultimate troll. I wanted to see that gimmick since YEARS and finally, it came true. He is just hilarious and he is much better than Sami Zayn. The guy is here since what ? 6 months and everybody act like he is the future or even worse, they say that he is like the legend - wait for it - ary El Generico :faint:
Agree with the BIB

I'm not the guys biggest fan but I do find myself lol-ing at either him or the absolutely obviously hatred of him by/with the crowd. :lol

Sami Zayn still kicks his ass in the ring, easily.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts