Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Blood re-introduced without ‘blading’? Suspicious Cena blood incidents

Could WWE have purposefully re-introduced blood into the Cena/Lesnar match (plus previous confrontation) to add that element of realism? They have been going on about Brock being ‘legit’ because of his MMA experience and it was a good way to enhance the ‘realness’ of his threat.

Both bleeding incidents looked accidental, as in Brock hit harder than he should have, first with the punch to Cena’s mouth and then with the elbow to the head, so they cannot be accused of re-introducing blading.

However, they could have cut Cena before he came out, and then sealed up the cut, with Brock instructed to strike the sealed wound to open it up again. Both bleeds happened extremely early in their confrontations, as they wouldn’t want to risk the cuts re-opening naturally before a decent head blow was landed.

Both incidents seem strange to me. The first punch to the mouth could have been dismissed as Brock being over-eager and nervous on his first proper fisticuffs since his return, but for him to make the same stiff mistake in their following match seems suspicious to me. Plus, regarding the second bleeding incident, it wasn’t one single wayward elbow that did it, Brock aimed a couple more at the same spot before he connected well enough to open the wound.

So could this be the new ‘blading’? Cut the wrestler before he comes out and then seal it just enough so his opponent can open it up again with a specific pre-arranged strike?

Maybe not, as all blood incidents would have to happen pretty early in a match, though that wouldn’t be any less ‘realistic’. You can bleed just as easily from the first punch in a fight than you can from the fiftieth.

Anyone else thinking the blood incidents were pre-arranged?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Re: Blood re-introduced without ‘blading’? Suspicious Cena blood incidents

I think Cena may have said to Brock, "legit f*** me up in the match". If that was the case, kudos to Cena. It did indeed add legitimacy to the match. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was awesome.

·
Registered
159 Posts

i thought cena bladed cus if you watch after he bloodied him up he rolled away and it look like he was puttin g a blade into his wrist sweatbands.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts

He didnt blade he got busted open legit by the elbow shots from Lesnar they NEVER blade the side of their skull, its always the forehead

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

Lesnar is just reckless is all

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Lesnar is just reckless is all
You think so? He aimed three clear elbows at the same spot on Cena's head for the second bleeding incident, and this is after having already supposedly stiffed him previously in the same kind of situation (takedown, him on top).

If it is just recklessness, then maybe they are rethinking his return, hence the return of Triple H and Brock attacking him so he can be 'suspended' or fired.

You can't be bleeding your opponent every time out of recklessness. And I understand he has been in MMA for the last few years and so fighting became real for him, but he is no pro-wrestling noob. He knows how it works.

It's them elbows that raise my suspicions. He really did want to hit Cena legit on his head with them.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Reckless? No. It's obvious they can't blade anymore but nothing says they can't do it hardway.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

I say reckless, and basing moreso on the first incident, he clearly missed what he was aiming for and popped Cena, maybe the result of the blood and the response they got frmo the fans may have lead them to making sure Cena bled at the PPV, I dunno, I have always felt Brock was a bit reckless but can also be atributed to the fact that he is a fucking beast and can do things that someone of his sie and build cannot normally do, which may be why he nearly broke his neck against Angle...

·
Registered
226 Posts

Does someone have a screenshot of HBK "Blading" his forehead before he got slung-shot into the cage? That was awesome!

·
Registered
22,514 Posts

I think all the bleeding in the match were intentional. That's also why Lesnar got busted open after the chain to the face. Object hits in PG have always been going fine except this one. I'm glad we're seeing more blood. Been missing it for a while!

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Reckless? No. It's obvious they can't blade anymore but nothing says they can't do it hardway.
That's why I was thinking maybe they were cutting before coming out, then sealing up the wound so it could be re-opened with a pre-arranged strike. And Lesnar definitely looked determined to land a hard elbow on that part of Cena's head. Took him three attempts I think to land a nice one.

I have always felt Brock was a bit reckless but can also be atributed to the fact that he is a fucking beast and can do things that someone of his sie and build cannot normally do, which may be why he nearly broke his neck against Angle...
I remember that well. How he finished that match I'll never know. Actually, yes I will: with ridiculous neck muscles.

Does someone have a screenshot of HBK "Blading" his forehead before he got slung-shot into the cage? That was awesome!
Along these lines I saw D-Von Dudley recently on TNA and his forehead looked fucked. It was the Open Fight Night thing on Saturday just gone (don't normally watch much TNA) and he fought with Bubba (I refuse to call him Bully). His forehead looked like it had been slashed a hundred times with a flick knife, let alone a razor. I can't remember if he always had scars there, but it looked like bad blading to me.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts

I think this blading policy might backfire. There no doubt are some youngsters in the business who aren't afraid to intentionally smash their head open, drawing blood just to get their match noticed.

Ironically there have been more scrapes and bruises since the policy.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

That's why I was thinking maybe they were cutting before coming out, then sealing up the wound so it could be re-opened with a pre-arranged strike. And Lesnar definitely looked determined to land a hard elbow on that part of Cena's head. Took him three attempts I think to land a nice one.

I remember that well. How he finished that match I'll never know. Actually, yes I will: with ridiculous neck muscles.

Along these lines I saw D-Von Dudley recently on TNA and his forehead looked fucked. It was the Open Fight Night thing on Saturday just gone (don't normally watch much TNA) and he fought with Bubba (I refuse to call him Bully). His forehead looked like it had been slashed a hundred times with a flick knife, let alone a razor. I can't remember if he always had scars there, but it looked like bad blading to me.
He really has one of the worst foreheads in the business, maybe moreso than Flair, which is surprising

·
Premium Member
19,306 Posts

Blade or not, it is a good thing if it's re-introduced. No, I don't want to see puddles of blood every match, but when it's necessary, spice it up a little. Like Bret Hart mentioned in "Wrestling With Shadows", they're punching each other in the face all match, yet never have any bruises... Realism.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts

I swear Cena bladed. When he rolled to his side after the elbows, he reached into his wristbands. They panned to Brock, then to Cena who was bleeding. Watch it again, Cena wasn't bleeding from the elbow shots until after the camera panned away. If he had been legit busted open, should he not have shown blood pretty quickly?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

The main reason I don't beleive he bladed was simply they would not have stopped the match, as they have never stopped a match when there was going to be blading

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts

Even if wwe knew Cena was gonna do it, I don't they could stop him. He's John Cena.

I do think it was a legit cut.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

It's just Lesnar being his monster self.

It might have been pre-arranged where Cena just goes "Do your best to get some blood flowing out of my head" and Lesnar just improvised and used his elbows to open him up.

Or it could be like OP said which he cut himself prior and Lesnar just broke the stitches.

We'll never know, but I like it, added tons of realism and I was constantly asking myself, "Is Cena really injured? Did Brock put him in a legit kimura?"

The first time the PG Era lived up to "Extreme Rules" Name. All the matches were just brutal.

Brock plays the stubborn asshole character so well it's hard to tell if he opened Cena up on purpose or it was pre-arranged.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts

The bloody mouth could have easily been an accident, wouldn't surprise me at all. There'd be no need for anything suspicious to happen there, if you hit someone hard enough in the mouth, they're gonna bleed.

As for Extreme Rules, Lesnar's just one of the few people who knows how to bust people open effectively like that. It's a common technique amongst older guys. Foley, Flair and Vader are all known for it, it's nothing new. Nothing suspicious about that.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts