Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did they have to make Albert a complete Great Muta ripoff? And no, i'm not just bitching about him using the green mist, for fuck's sake, they even blatantly copied his goddamn entrance clothes. What's next, he's gonna start dropping Shining Wizards? Talking about the WWE uncreative. Take a look at this...

...Familiar?

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
OMG the WWE stole an idea from another wrestling promotion, The hell you say that can't be :punk2

Happens all the time.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG the WWE stole an idea from another wrestling promotion, The hell you say that can't be :punk2

Happens all the time.
I know but it's a such a blatant ripoff. Next thing you know, they're gonna bleach Slater's hair and make him scream WOOOO. Don't those people have like any creativity at all?

Its a common Japanese theme.
What?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
How do you know WWE ripped him off and it wasn't just Tensai paying tribute?

Just like how nobody calls Sabu a Sheik rip off.

·
Registered
850 Posts
How do you know WWE ripped him off and it wasn't just Tensai paying tribute?

Just like how nobody calls Sabu a Sheik rip off.
this

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I'm very familiar with the puroresu scene and I didn't notice that Muta wears that entrance gear until you pointed it out.

Then again I only really watch NJPW and NOAH. On one hand, I think its pretty cool that he's using the mist but on the other hand, I find it very cliche that WWE would do something like that. I prefer the powder hand grip thing. Tensai would be better as a Vader-type character, just a wrecking machine that nobody can ever put down.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
More than half the casuals who watch Raw don't know what a Great Muta is, why not rip off a good idea if most your fan base is going to think it's original?

Name anything any wrestling promotion has done in the past 10 years that was completely original, everything is a ripoff of something.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Could be a tribute, could be a ripoff. Hard to tell, but I suppose it's a valid comment to mke that it could be a ripoff.

Personally, I hope the Great Muta comes back and hits Albert with a sword and then kicks him in the nuts. Albert bores me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts