Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont get HOW ALL A SUDDEN HE GOT TO BE SUCH A HOT ITEM IN THE WWE. I miss a few week s and hes like the new Austin getting all these hot cheers, even tho-

1) His mike skills were never that good.
2)He has the most boring most methodicallly repetitive moveset.
3) His slowly walk around the right and hit after a fews secs and then do 100 headlocks style drains the life out every match he's in. He's the only one i can think of who had a boring match with Kurt Angle

Can someone help me here?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I dont get HOW ALL A SUDDEN HE GOT TO BE SUCH A HOT ITEM IN THE WWE. I miss a few week s and hes like the new Austin getting all these hot cheers, even tho-
Can someone help me here?
You missed a lot more than a few weeks buddy. His face pops have been growing for a few months now... at the very least since the beginning of the summer, whether anyone likes his mic skills or in-ring talents or not.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
miss a few weeks? what the hell? he was getting face pops like in January. man was over with the live crowd before they even turned him

back to the drawing board for you.

can we please just close this? we all know what's gonna come next.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Orton hate threads are so getting old...

Meh, just trying to bring some positivity in this thread.

Reactions: peyt d' chicken

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Let's be honest. It wasn't force feeding, it wasn't a huge push, it wasn't putting him against the biggest heel in the company. It appeared entirely organic. It looked like they were going to turn DiBiase against Orton and push him as the face, I'm sure we all remember the Raw when Ted was shaking with rage, going toe to toe with Orton with the crowd chanting "Teddy".

At some stage, for whatever reason, nearly the entire crowd just started going apeshit whenever he appeared. No matter what people say, he's incredibly over, even though up until recently the focus of the show was on Cena and Nexus entirely. The 'Boreton' thing is pretty played out, and it's fair to say a minority opinion, seeing as most of the arena seems to see huge charisma in him.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
You better be fucking joking.
Specifically this face turn, no, I'm not joking. The rest of his career was a case of hammering a square peg into a round hole, and it took them a long time to get him to this stage, obviously.

As it stands, this time around, he was an established heel, they used him to get Kingston over, then they attempted to turn DiBiase face and get him over. I'm not sure what part of that was forcing the turn and push with the fans, seeing as when they pulled the trigger entirely on his turn, he shot up in reactions to that level just under Mysterio, Taker, and Cena (that half of the crowd that cheers him, anyway). It felt very natural.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Orton wouldn't be where he is today if he wasn't a 3rd Generation Wrestler, they would have fired him 5 years ago after all the crap he did from harassing Divas to destroying hotel rooms.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
A 2 page thread bashing Orton and JordanPippen23 is nowhere to be seen in sight.

To quote The Hurricane,

Wassup wid' 'dat?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Orton was never force fed to the crowd tbh, that's just haters talking. HE was over since Evolution, and was even really over as a face, then he was over again as a heel against Taker, then again in Rated RKO, and then again in the Age of Orton, then again as the Viper heel, and now he's a super over face badass viper. Never was he really forced on us. It might seem like it to people who dislike him, b/c well they dislike him and think he sucks.

Sheamus/Wade Barrett is forced on us, Orton had a gradual 7-year midcader-upper midcarder-ME(2008/9 finally) push. Nothing was forced except his first title win and even that got a great reaction, and that was b/c Vince is a spiteful asshole who tried to take away Brock's achievement(even though he's still the youngest WWE champion ever).

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Orton wouldn't be where he is today if he wasn't a 3rd Generation Wrestler, they would have fired him 5 years ago after all the crap he did from harassing Divas to destroying hotel rooms.
Just cause he's a 3rd generation wrestler doesn't mean that's why he's a multiple time world champ.

I don't see people complaining about The Rock only getting to the spot he was at because he was a 3rd generation wrestler.

And also if being a 3rd generation wrestler mattered so much, then why isn't Chavo Guerrero one of the top guys in the company? Huh? Why has Natalya yet to win the Divas title? Why does Ted DiBiase appear on Superstars more then he appears on RAW?

And Blandy Boreton? Really? Really?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Just cause he's a 3rd generation wrestler doesn't mean that's why he's a multiple time world champ.

I don't see people complaining about The Rock only getting to the spot he was at because he was a 3rd generation wrestler.

And also if being a 3rd generation wrestler mattered so much, then why isn't Chavo Guerrero one of the top guys in the company? Huh? Why has Natalya yet to win the Divas title? Why does Ted DiBiase appear on Superstars more then he appears on RAW?

And Blandy Boreton? Really? Really?
And, just for another example, why didn't Joe Hennig win NXT2?

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
i hate how people overrate him to the point of calling him one of the all time greats, they are wrong, he is average in almost every aspect of wrestling.. he was just pushed over and over before finally getting over

1 - 20 of 32 Posts