Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TAKE THAT ALL THE RACISTS IN THE WORLD!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3060907/Black-parents-give-birth-to-white-baby.html

British Nmachi Ihegboro has amazed genetics experts who say the little girl is NOT an albino.

Dad Ben, 44, a customer services adviser, admitted: "We both just sat there after the birth staring at her."

Mum Angela, 35, of Woolwich, South London, beamed as she said: "She's beautiful - a miracle baby."

Ben told yesterday how he was so shocked when Nmachi was born, he even joked: "Is she MINE?"

He added: "Actually, the first thing I did was look at her and say, 'What the flip?'"

But as the baby's older brother and sister - both black - crowded round the "little miracle" at their home in South London, Ben declared: "Of course she's mine."

Blue-eyed blonde Nmachi, whose name means "Beauty of God" in the Nigerian couple's homeland, has baffled genetics experts because neither Ben nor wife Angela have ANY mixed-race family history.

Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby's appearance.

Ben also stressed: "My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn't been, the baby still wouldn't look like that.

"We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages - not saying anything."

Advertisement
Quantcast

Doctors at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup - where Angela, from nearby Woolwich, gave birth - have told the parents Nmachi is definitely no albino.

Ben, who came to Britain with his wife five years ago and works for South Eastern Trains, said: "She doesn't look like an albino child anyway - not like the ones I've seen back in Nigeria or in books. She just looks like a healthy white baby."

He went on: "My mum is a black Nigerian although she has a bit fairer skin than mine.

"But we don't know of any white ancestry. We wondered if it was a genetic twist.

"But even then, what is with the long curly blonde hair?"

Professor Bryan Sykes, head of Human Genetics at Oxford University and Britain's leading expert, yesterday called the birth "extraordinary".

He said: "In mixed race humans, the lighter variant of skin tone may come out in a child - and this can sometimes be startlingly different to the skin of the parents.

"This might be the case where there is a lot of genetic mixing, as in Afro-Caribbean populations. But in Nigeria there is little mixing."

Prof Sykes said BOTH parents would have needed "some form of white ancestry" for a pale version of their genes to be passed on.

But he added: "The hair is extremely unusual. Even many blonde children don't have blonde hair like this at birth."

The expert said some unknown mutation was the most likely explanation.

He admitted: "The rules of genetics are complex and we still don't understand what happens in many cases."

The amazing birth comes five years after Kylie Hodgson became mum to twin daughters - one white and the other black - in Nottingham.

Kylie, now 23, and her partner Remi Horder, now 21, are both mixed race.

Even so the odds were estimated at a million to one.

The Sun told in 2002 how a white couple had Asian twins after a sperm mix-up by a fertility clinic.

Yesterday three-day-old Nmachi's churchgoing mum Angela admitted that she was "speechless" at first seeing her baby girl, who was delivered in a caesarean op.

She said: "I thought, 'What is this little doll?'

"She's beautiful and I love her. Her colour doesn't matter. She's a miracle baby.

"But still, what on earth happened here?"

Her husband told how their son Chisom, four, was even more confused than them by his new sister.

Ben said: "Our other daughter Dumebi is only two so she's too young to understand.

"But our boy keeps coming to look at his sister and then sits down looking puzzled.

"We're a black family. Suddenly he has a white sister."

Ben continued: "Of course, we are baffled too and want to know what's happened. But we understand life is very strange.

"All that matters is that she's healthy and that we love her.She's a proud British Nigerian."

Queen Mary's Hospital said: "Congratulations to Angela and her family on the birth of their daughter."

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Either her or her husband has a white relative from somewhere in the last 100 years you know and it just so happens that they could be dark or black or whatever. If they are a little light it would be absolutely no shocker as this happens in the South a lot over here. It's like the chances of getting hit with lighting but I guess it could happen when the baby comes out and both partners are black. This is just what I've heard not saying it's fact or anything that's why I can't see why they are stunned. The key here is their a mixed couple. The genetic mutation stuff sounds kind of intriguing though. I think their trying to make this into too much of a story. If it is it's news worthy but if this is just a case of a black/mixed couple having a white baby then it's a good story but it doesn't deserve this much attention.

Yeah TKOK hit it on the head, we'll probably just find out she's a dirty slut. DNA tests don't become available until after the babies born anyways.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Maybe this is what happened to Africans when they came over to Europe back in the day over many generations and they were stumped back then. Anybody think this could be like evolution or something?

·
Is a Snit Head
22,343 Posts
Sounds like she cheated on her husband. Until there is a DNA test to confirm that I can't really think there is anything all that special about this.

Now if both parents are black there is a very interesting story.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That'[s pretty crazy. She would still need to have some kind of white ancestry if she cheated with a white man. I would still do a dna test to find out what, in either parent, would cause this.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I can't believe this is getting the coverage it has. I'm obviously not a geneticist and know nothing about how DNA and all that science crap works, but surely it can be safely assumed she cheated on him? The 'article' says that neither parent has any mixed race ancestry, and yet here they are with a white baby to add to their 2 black kids.

It is strange that the baby has blonde hair, but even for a baby it looks like it has black facial features/bone structure.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I can't believe this is getting the coverage it has. I'm obviously not a geneticist and know nothing about how DNA and all that science crap works, but surely it can be safely assumed she cheated on him? The 'article' says that neither parent has any mixed race ancestry, and yet here they are with a white baby to add to their 2 black kids.
No, not safely.

It also assumed that neither parent has white ancestry - they don't know for sure that they don't.

There are plenty of white people walking around who have some black ancestry that they are totally unaware of and vice versa.

·
Banned
19,408 Posts
Sounds like she cheated on her husband. Until there is a DNA test to confirm that I can't really think there is anything all that special about this.

Now if both parents are black there is a very interesting story.
um, both parents are black.

now if there's one thing that can be learned by this its the following.... STEALTH ******!!! no one's safe anymore :side:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Thinking about it more, I wonder what the actual odds of such an eventuality are.

In order to find out, I think scientists should encourage a couple to keep procreating and having children until a similar situation occurs again.

That would be an interesting experiment.

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
um, both parents are black.

now if there's one thing that can be learned by this its the following.... STEALTH black!!! no one's safe anymore :side:
I'm assuming he meant after DNA tests if it turns out that both the parents are black and she never cheated it would be an interesting story.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts