Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We heard from a few sources that Eric Bischoff is not backstage at tonight's Impact taping. Two sources told me that he is not expected to be back with the company any time soon. It's fair to say that a number of people are happy with that development.

The exact reason for his absence has not been relayed at this time.

One of Bischoff's duties is to oversee the creative end of the company so it will be interesting to see how the shows are booked tonight without his input. Bischoff had "stepped up" his role in recent months with the creative direction of the company and many would say that the product has taken a turn for the worse from a storyline standpoint in that time.
Source: pwinsider.com

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Source: pwinsider.com
If true im telling you this company is hopefully going to reboot with hopefully rebranding and get back to what it was.

Lets hope they rebrand the specials concept,Since its kinda mixed between " ONE NIGHT ONLY " and the ppv specials on tv. Should just be

ONE NIGHT ONLY on spike with proper concepts.Make it more like how In your house was but on tv

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
His position is untenable. I know he was part of a team, but its BS when he states he had no pull. Sure he's a great production guy to have, but he, Hogan and Pritchard have done damage, that will take years to rectify. This is on a budget way and above what TNA spent previous.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
many said the product took a turn for the worse? really? who are these many people?
I thought TNA was getting better over the last month plus. regardless on what Bischoff had control of, I don't think anything can be credited good or bad to Bischoff. he took over a big mess and you can't just stop everything right away. you have to continue to work with what you;ve got and gradually make changes.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,843 Posts
I hope this is addition by subtraction and they can start going in a concise, positive direction.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
so lets see. if Hulk Hogan and now maybe Eric Bischoff are no longer in TNA.. who are people going to blame in the coming weeks when there are no changes in the ratings, or if the ratings get even worse than they have been.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
many said the product took a turn for the worse? really? who are these many people?
I thought TNA was getting better over the last month plus. regardless on what Bischoff had control of, I don't think anything can be credited good or bad to Bischoff. he took over a big mess and you can't just stop everything right away. you have to continue to work with what you;ve got and gradually make changes.
The fact they struggled to pull the same numbers from when they were under different leadership. House-shows are down, ratings are down, attendances are not even enough to break even. The fans don't like this TNA. The facts prove it. Jeff/Dutch reign had issues, but nowhere near on this level.

Hulk and Eric have failed with more money and with big stars like Hardy, Flair, Hogan, RVD on there roster. Sometimes you just gotta state the truth. Eric and Hogan's reign has been a complete failure. There might be mitigating circumstances, but they had the pull and sent TNA sinking and into the red.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
so lets see. if Hulk Hogan and now maybe Eric Bischoff are no longer in TNA.. who are people going to blame in the coming weeks when there are no changes in the ratings, or if the ratings get even worse than they have been.
DIXIE HOGGIN THE SPOTLITEZ. SHE CANT RUN COMPANY.

im glad bischoff is gone now. only reason he had a job in tna was cause of hogan. fact is he is no creative mastermind like some people have claimed.

guess this leaves an open spot for the return of 1 man-:russo:russo:russo

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
things have gone down the same in WWE, so are Hogan and Bischoff to blame there too?
it's way to easy to blame Hogan and Bischoff.

WWE ratings have been dropping, OMG it's all Hogan's fault!! ..even though he hasn't even been in WWE, but whatever, it's still Hogan's fault.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
things have gone down the same in WWE, so are Hogan and Bischoff to blame there too?
it's way to easy to blame Hogan and Bischoff.

WWE ratings have been dropping, OMG it's all Hogan's fault!! ..even though he hasn't even been in WWE, but whatever, it's still Hogan's fault.
There not in the WWE. They're paid to improve TNA. You compare a reign on what was before. Other then production, everything has gone backwards.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Dixie. Once Dixie takes a back seat the IWC will turn on Jeff Jarrett again and blame him.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
There not in the WWE. They're paid to improve TNA. You compare a reign on what was before. Other then production, everything has gone backwards.
but all of wrestling has been in decline. it wasn't Hogan's fault, or Bischoff's fault, it's just wrestling in general that is declining.

isn't production on TV what Bischoff was actually in charge of?

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
but all of wrestling has been in decline. it wasn't Hogan's fault, or Bischoff's fault, it's just wrestling in general that is declining.

I think he had a say in creative but not a massive say. People think he books the show and runs the company though and it shows how uneducated or willing to hate a lot of people are.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts

But most of wrestling hasn't lost so much money they have to go back to a place they desperately wanted to get out of. You would have to be insane to think Hogan & Bischoff don't deserve part of the blame as to what's happened in TNA, like Russo deserved blame during his run and Jarrett deserved blame when TNA was going to close in the early days. If you're a decision maker and you go backwards as a company, you get the blame.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts