Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was making a post earlier today and I decided to rant because this is something that has been building for quite awhile. I work at a hospital and everyday I see at least ten Medicaid slips with over seven names running down them. What the hell? I got a question.. if after the first three kids you couldn't afford wouldn't it have clicked with you.. hey maybe I should look into birth control. We have licenses to drive cars, for crying out loud. Driving is not that hard. It's actually pretty easy, but still a license is a requirement. So why do we allow people to run around willie nillie dropping kids every nine months knowing that they are not able to pay for them, unless they recieve money from who? That's right all the hard working taxpayers that actually have jobs. And don't give me that bullshit about how they have the hardest job in the world raising children. Have you ever seen the welfare children and their fat ass mom in public. That woman isn't raising the future leaders of tomorrow.. She's raising seven more future welfare cases. So back to my original thought. Birthing licenses, I admit its hard to be politically correct when dealing with taking away people's abilities to have as many kids as they see fit. I could care less if a person wants to have one kid or twenty kids. Just if a person wants to have 20 kids, they damn well better have a way to pay for twenty kids and not depend on money from the state and ultimately from all of us. Thoughts?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
So what you're saying is that if someone wants to reproduce, some asshole in D.C has to approve of it? I agree with this, but how would you enforce it? If some chick gets knocked up, and wants to keep it, then what would you do? Punt the baby like Snitsky did?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
So what you're saying is that if someone wants to reproduce, some asshole in D.C has to approve of it? I agree with this, but how would you enforce it? If some chick gets knocked up, and wants to keep it, then what would you do? Punt the baby like Snitsky did?
Cheap, effective...probably a little painful...
I sort of agree with the OP, but more from the point of view of kids being raised by people who don't/can't/won't give them the care and attention they need. I'm sure there are as many people on welfare who love their kids as their are more well-off people who couldn't give a shit about their progeny.
And there in lies the problem; how do you determine who is a fit parent? It can't simply be based on means, although that should certainly be a consideration.
Kids generally take 18+ years of a parents life in care, love and money. I think they've estimated in Australia that it costs parents upwards of $250,000 to raise a child. But as I said, it shouldn't just be a monetary consideration when it comes to having a child. While I agree that if you can't afford to have a whole football team of children at home you shouldn't, there's no gauge for how much love and care you can show a child.
It's an interesting concept that will never be anything more than just that; a concept. Sadly any moron with working ovaries can become a pregnant any time they choose (almost) and yet people bust their asses for years to be able to adopt unwanted children and have to jump through rings of fire for the privilege. Makes you wonder.

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
I understand some of your pain OP. I work at a pharmacy. I see this all the time. Anyways, a good theory would be; Mom wants her welfare check, she has to take a depo provera shot (birth control that last 3 months) every 3 months to collect her check. No shot, no check, no ifs or buts. Period. From a website called, http://www.theangrypharmacist.com/

This guy (pharmacist) rants, makes fucking sense, fucking hilarious, and a genius. Mostly pharmacy but I think you can find something that you can relate to your work in there. By the way he was talking about welfare too a while back, here is the link;
http://www.theangrypharmacist.com/archives/2009/05/the-big-welfare-mother-rant.html

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
the ultimate problem right now, no matter how much of a good idea it might be to "save society from itself."

plus, this country does say you have the right to pursue happiness. taking away the right to have children.......well, never mind, that's just helping enforce that one.

·
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well like someone said all this would ever have the hope of being is a concept. Putting something like this into effect, you would need to take into account political correctness, people's feelings that sort of thing. And therein lies the problem. There is no way in hell, no matter how logically an argument could be made that the masses would go for having to be licensed for childbirth.

Not to mention the problem of what to do with the children if born without a license. Adoption is always an option. There are more people than ever before not having children (either because of medical reasons, or some other reason like not wanting to go through childbirth). People are actually paying people to have children for them. Why not tie the two issues together. I won't even mention the other option because I do not feel like getting into a discussion about that.

I liked what Outkatz said about making them take birth control to get their welfare, that could work, but then you look at some of the people receiving welfare. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that they get stupid and forget to take their BC and bam right back to square one. Honestly I'm not completely opposed to the idea of welfare for children, I do understand that mistakes happen. It's just when mistakes keep happening then frustration mounts.

I do admit I see plenty of people coming in on welfare that raise their children well and with love, whose children are incredibly well behaved and well kept. But for every one of those I see about five of the other kinds of people and it just makes me wonder when is enough enough?

·
Is Bertstarin you
5,830 Posts
No one seems to understand the fact that a high reproducing rate could destroy our world. The more people, the more scarce resources become. There needs to be some sort of regulations on reproducing. Why the fuck does some dipshit on welfare need 5 kids anyway.

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
Well like someone said all this would ever have the hope of being is a concept. Putting something like this into effect, you would need to take into account political correctness, people's feelings that sort of thing. And therein lies the problem. There is no way in hell, no matter how logically an argument could be made that the masses would go for having to be licensed for childbirth.

Not to mention the problem of what to do with the children if born without a license. Adoption is always an option. There are more people than ever before not having children (either because of medical reasons, or some other reason like not wanting to go through childbirth). People are actually paying people to have children for them. Why not tie the two issues together. I won't even mention the other option because I do not feel like getting into a discussion about that.

I liked what Outkatz said about making them take birth control to get their welfare, that could work, but then you look at some of the people receiving welfare. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that they get stupid and forget to take their BC and bam right back to square one. Honestly I'm not completely opposed to the idea of welfare for children, I do understand that mistakes happen. It's just when mistakes keep happening then frustration mounts.

I do admit I see plenty of people coming in on welfare that raise their children well and with love, whose children are incredibly well behaved and well kept. But for every one of those I see about five of the other kinds of people and it just makes me wonder when is enough enough?
That happens. But with the Depo Provera injection the effect last for 3 months in her body. She can't get pregnant for 3 months. That is why the shot is better than relying on the "honor system" to take her tablet, vaginal ring, or patch birth control.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
No one seems to understand the fact that a high reproducing rate could destroy our world. The more people, the more scarce resources become. There needs to be some sort of regulations on reproducing. Why the fuck does some dipshit on welfare need 5 kids anyway.
The world is already overpopulated as it is. It can only support 5 billion peeps. And it has 6 billion on it. Thats insane.

·
Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,115 Posts
While it's entirely true, the point is that it simply doesn't mean anything to say that a high reproducing rate could destroy our world. You can't police it, because any law put in place would never be accepted; it wouldn't fall in line with the way society has come together. At best, a lot of intelligent people could all get together and refuse to reproduce, but then you've just got morons multiplying instead, and that's never good. There is no way to successfully regulate it that wouldn't involve an unacceptable level of abuse.

Putting it succinctly, we're fucked.

·
Banned
647 Posts
I love this thread. Great job OP. A couple of ideas from me.

-Mandatory adoption under 17.
-Mandatory vasectomies to drug addicts.

·
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love this thread. Great job OP. A couple of ideas from me.

-Mandatory adoption under 17.
-Mandatory vasectomies to drug addicts.
You had me at Great job OP.:p Total agreement on both points.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Nah, that's leaving it too late.

^ There's your solution ;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
This times a million.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts