Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
The whole "Men don't want to watch because Harley is de sexualized" baffles me, I mean this is her most popular look.
View attachment 82765

And wasn't her SS look (Which I hated BTW) popular among women?

Hell I think her Arkham City attire would've been awesome....which isn't overly sexualized.
This version of Harley was clearly sexual. Not only does her costume accentuate her womanly figure but she was a tease and she was constantly tryna throw it to Joker.

BOP's Harley doesn't look like she's tryna throw it to anybody.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,208 Posts
The whole "Men don't want to watch because Harley is de sexualized" baffles me, I mean this is her most popular look.
View attachment 82765

And wasn't her SS look (Which I hated BTW) popular among women?

Hell I think her Arkham City attire would've been awesome....which isn't overly sexualized.

Her batman ninja one was nice too. Her SS look was sexual, it was very popular with the thots and cosplayers. This is why I think her popularity was over exaggerated, she just had a look people liked and that was a big thing to her hype. Look at the movie Avatar, had people dressing up as those cat people things. Yet the movie and those cat things aren't really talked about. Without Joker, nobody cares about Harley.

If they wanted to establish her they should have made a worthy movie.

This version of Harley was clearly sexual. Not only does her costume accentuate her womanly figure but she was a tease and she was constantly tryna throw it to Joker.

BOP's Harley doesn't look like she's tryna throw it to anybody.
BOP Harley dresses like a crazy Grandma who thinks it's the 80's. It comes off as try hard. It appeals to nobody.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Her batman ninja one was nice too. Her SS look was sexual, it was very popular with the thots and cosplayers. This is why I think her popularity was over exaggerated, she just had a look people liked and that was a big thing to her hype. Look at the movie Avatar, had people dressing up as those cat people things. Yet the movie and those cat things aren't really talked about. Without Joker, nobody cares about Harley.

If they wanted to establish her they should have made a worthy movie.

BOP Harley dresses like a crazy Grandma who thinks it's the 80's. It comes off as try hard. It appeals to nobody.
True, Harley's popularity is a bit exaggerated.

She's the Triple H of DC, to quote Jim Cornette "The guy that worked with the guy that drew money."

·
rasslin
2,640 Posts
One of the worst films DC ever made.

So many pointless characters. Ewan McGregor was one of the worst villains in a super hero movie, I've ever seen.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,034 Posts
I have no agenda. The only thing I want from a comic book actioner is a good time. BOP delivers that.

As for its lack of fidelity to the source material, I'll just say that the film embraces the comics without being slavishly devoted to them.

Check this out:

View attachment 82694
Okay I saw it, I thought it was pretty good overall. Probably my 3rd fav DCEU movie.

The source-accuracy did bother me to a point. I'm at a loss to understand why they named that character "Cassandra Cain" and the attempt at costumes left a lot to be desired (like how hard is it to adapt a recognizable Black Canary costume? Arrow has done it more than once at a fraction of the budget...) but the good definitely outweighed the bad. I especially liked Ewan McGregor's performance, I thought he was the best CBM villain to come along in a long while (I haven't seen Joker). Highly entertaining fight scenes too.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts