Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the great man already has his own thread I apologize but is anyone else a fan of the legend? back in the day he was like a cross between Burt Reynolds and Hercules and he genuinely was one of the most feared men around (still one of the few Jim Cornette is kinder to on his podcasts)
Sad that today he is seen as a mad conspiracy theorist but I think he's one of the best, I even loved Black Blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JexDl2YEET4

Kevin Sullivan may have just woken up in this footage

60,001 Posts
I liked him. Feared he had passed when I saw his name on the side bar. I never really got to see much of him pre WWF, but his name caught my attention and he was considered a star. Incidentally he had to add the Haynes to his name because the Billy Jack actor may have sued him.

He was strong with a good build and I dug his feud with Hercules. I don't remember much other than that save for being really excited when he came to WWF. He was def. one of my favorites in the late 80's.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I liked him. Feared he had passed when I saw his name on the side bar. I never really got to see much of him pre WWF, but his name caught my attention and he was considered a star. Incidentally he had to add the Haynes to his name because the Billy Jack actor may have sued him.

He was strong with a good build and I dug his feud with Hercules. I don't remember much other than that save for being really excited when he came to WWF. He was def. one of my favorites in the late 80's.
Isn't William Jack Haynes his real name though?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Only really saw him in WWF against Hercules and tag team with Ken Patera looked decent, didn't they try and make Brady Boone his cousin?
Dont know or haven't seen his other work apart from Black Blood, legend in PNW I thought?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know. All I know is Tom Laughlin sued over the name and the image.
wow you are right I never knew that, also I am only now learning his real name is actually William Albert Haynes.
Not sure if it's true or not that he served time for manslaughter before he made it as a wrestler (Cornette always states it as fact) but I do like that Kevin Sullivan once said about Billy Jack Haynes that "the sins of humanity are written across his face".

·
Registered
119 Posts
Billy jack was good in the ring but he had this unfortunate habit of just up and leaving territories with no warning. It can't have helped him in the eyes of promoters when they felt they couldn't rely on him. What promoter is going to push or figure him in when he could be gone in the morning ?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I read somewhere that BJH has been in hiding since his 'Boys on the Tracks' confession, I hope that's not true, we don't have many old school WWE icons left, Billy needs our support he obviously has issues, people around him should encourage him to get some help

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Talk about one guy that will never be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame it's him. I thought he was a great talent and had a really good look.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
BJH is a special, special kind of lunatic
To be fair, I can kind of see where this suspicion came from. The guy was a wrestler and knew Chris and pretty much echoed what other people who knew him have said or implied. That Chris loved Daniel so much and would never have killed him.

He just tried to make sense of it as Chris finding out Daniel was Vince's son and the wheels started going of from there. But its interesting to see how sure he was that Chris would've never killed his son.

Reactions: bobby_heenan

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Due to the fact that Billy Jack swung his opponent into the official, I disqualify Billy Jack; the winner of the match, Randy Savage!

Reactions: bobby_heenan

·
Premium Member
44,062 Posts
He had potential. To be perfectly honest, I actually really enjoyed his match with Hercules at WrestleMania III.

Unfortunately, it never really panned out for him, and I'm sure his less than stable nature had something to do with that.

·
Registered
663 Posts
BJH is a special, special kind of lunatic
I loved BJ Haynes as a wrestler, but this doesn't even make any sense. Daniel was born in Feb 2000. Benoit was still in WCW when he was conceived. I was expecting another Kevin Sullivan conspiracy theory, but he's off his rocker here.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I loved BJ Haynes as a wrestler, but this doesn't even make any sense. Daniel was born in Feb 2000. Benoit was still in WCW when he was conceived. I was expecting another Kevin Sullivan conspiracy theory, but he's off his rocker here.
Billy Jack Haynes is The King of Conspiracy, I salute the guy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts