Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 31 year old Australian star Billie Kay has been performing in WWE since 2015. She has spent most of her tenure in a tag team and Billie has not had much success as a singles star. After being forced to part ways with her tag team partner this past week it appears she is at a-bit of a crossroads in her WWE career.
Most would say tag team wrestling was the perfect role for her as she is considerably lacking in in-ring skill. Being in a tag team allowed her to rely on her comedic timing and undeniable chemistry with her tag team partner, and real life best friend, Peyton Royce.
Billie has been pegged as the "Jannety" of the group, though they are equal in terms of charisma and promo ability, Peyton is the slightly better wrestler of the two. Selling is not a strong suit for Billie Kay and she seems to be very robotic in her movements in general.
These have been problems for her from the beginning and have only become more pronounced since she joined the main roster in 2018. Billie's lack of progression in the ring has led her to a crossroads in her WWE career. I think it's fair to say that Billie is in danger of being "future endeavored".
How long do you think Billie Kay will last as a singles star, will she reform The IIconics with Peyton, will she even be with the company a year from now???

Billie Kay could play C3PO
She's tall and good at robotic movement

Future IIconic?
Future endeavored?
Future as C3PO?

Kind of looks like Peyton turned heel on her.This could set up a feud where Billie puts her over and gets jobbed out constantly before being released. Who knows, maybe getting kicked in the head by Jessamyn Duke was the end. Crumpling to the ground in a robotic heap is a fitting farewell for Billie.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,156 Posts
Billie has been pegged as the "Jannety" of the group, though they are equal in terms of charisma and promo ability, Peyton is the slightly better wrestler of the two. Selling is not a strong suit for Billie Kay and she seems to be very robotic in her movements in general.
Could we please stop comparisons between IIconics and the the Rockers (with HBK & Janetty) on this board? :) That is ridiculous and just shows a total disrespect to these old guys. IIconics is just a talking jobber team with low wrestling abilities.

Kind of looks like Peyton turned heel on her.This could set up a feud where Billie puts her over and gets jobbed out constantly before being released. Who knows, maybe getting kicked in the head by Jessamyn Duke was the end. Crumpling to the ground in a robotic heap is a fitting farewell for Billie.
Getting knocked out with one kick by a nonrelevant character (for the main roster) is no good sign for Billie Kay.
It is strange how some people talk her down on WF. The wrestling she showed is the same lame stuff some other leftovers on the main roster got. Peyton is not really better btw. But I guess it just about how Kay`s face looks with that stupid makeup on. Obvisouly nobody told her that. Next to her, Peyton looked good ofc.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,886 Posts
I always preferred Billie Kay so I'm surprised to see I'm in the minority with that. I always thought she was one of the most charismatic women on the roster.

The future does look bleak for both imo. Can't see either making it as a single star in the current era, the quality of the top 5 or 6 women is just too strong.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could we please stop comparisons between IIconics and the the Rockers (with HBK & Janetty) on this board? :) That is ridiculous and just shows a total disrespect to these old guys. IIconics is just a talking jobber team with low wrestling abilities.
Def some similarity with Peyton being perceived as the better wrestler and potentially the bigger singles star. Billie could be out of the company and a complete afterthought just like Jannetty was. The term "Jannetty" is just a metaphor for career path after a team breaks up. I'm not comparing the teams literally. That would be silly, yes.

·
Registered
7,965 Posts
Future endeavored unless she can find a niche before the next mass releases. She feels perfect in a Eva Marie type gimmick but that only work if there is a crowd to play to and that don't seem likely in the near future.

Anyway, the Iiconics have their wrestlemania moment and a tag champ run so they didn't do all that badly all things considered.

·
The Babyface of WF
Defying the role dynamic
16,558 Posts
Everyone including me would have already guessed years ago Peyton would get the nod being pushed upon a Team split due to her more marketable good looks not counting her marginal edge in Ring coordination and fundamentals, Billie was of course the more natural Mic worker and brought a comedic vibe perfect for a Jobber Heel.

Realistically Peyton is the better choice for a small push above enhancement level at this stage.

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Billie Kay is overall the more talented of the 2. She has a funny persona off screen and if she's allowed to inject more of her personality into her singles run, she will do great. If they book her in a limited role or in a role where there really is no getting over, then she will flop.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,608 Posts
I like Bille and think WWE will keep around her but I see her forever been used as a heel/comedy jobber which she plays quite well. Of course, there's no real way to tell what Vince and the rest of WWE management think of her. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I dont think anybody other than Charlotte is safe

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I always preferred Billie Kay so I'm surprised to see I'm in the minority with that. I always thought she was one of the most charismatic women on the roster.

The future does look bleak for both imo. Can't see either making it as a single star in the current era, the quality of the top 5 or 6 women is just too strong.
Likewise, would be criminal if they can’t find some role for her after the split, even if Peyton is the one getting the big push.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts