Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all Billie Kay's terrible in every aspect, she can't wrestle which is why they've kept her out of the ring almost completely since splitting from Peyton, and gave her this stupid gimmick where she just wants someone to hire her so she just has backstage segments and very short moments in matches where she fucks up and loses causing her partner to get mad and be done with her. And shes a TERRIBLE comedian and plays just the most stereotypical annoying Aussie thats trying to be funny by being annoying and doing the goofiest over the top Australian accent i've ever heard.

She just brings nothing to the table, she can't wrestle, can't cut a good promo, shes got a terrible fucking sounding accent, she doesn't even look good, shes got a very nothing figure and always has a goofy look on her face.

And do i even need to explain why her makeup person needs to be fired? my god she looks like a clown, all i see when she appears is giant red lips its distracting as fuck. I know WWE's makeup crew gets alot of crap for overdoing most of the womens makeup, but Billie Kay's is the worst by a mile.

Her still being employed in WWE is the biggest mystery on planet earth to me, she brings nothing to the table, shes not even the typical woman Vince looks for, shes not blonde, has no tits, no ass, shit on the mic, i don't get whats keeping her around tbh.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't get the hate. Criticizing her in-ring work is fair, but she would have been good enough to be divas champion ten years ago. She's just more of a traditional WWE diva in that regard, and not an indie female wrestler brought to WWE with a bunch of wrestling skills intact.

I think she deserves a ton of credit for taking the crap WWE is giving her and turning it into something entertaining and funny. That's a testament to having good mic skills, so I disagree that she can't cut a promo. The accent thing has been brought up over the years with everyone from Wade Barrett to Becky Lynch; it's just a matter of personal taste.

Personally I find the lipstick/makeup you're complaining about to be attractive. If you don't that's fine but to say people should be fired over it is ridiculous. Looks in general are subjective...I've never found Becky Lynch or Carmella to be particularly alluring but I respect that a lot of men do.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I disagree, and I heard this sort of unfound hate for Alicia Fox as well when she was employed. Billie is good and in my opinion better than Peyton. I've never understood why, other than looks, people seem to accept that Peyton is the better of the two. Billie Kay vs. Ember Moon at NXT Takeover Brooklyn still one of my favorite women's matches in the past decade.

I really think people don't know what makes a wrestler good these days. How you move around in the ring and how pretty your moves are aren't the end all, be all of what makes someone good. She actually knows how to work a match effectively and tell a story in the ring. That match really showcased how good she is; she knows how to pace a match and also knew how to cover up a botch to make it look like part of the match. The match versus Ember is probably the only lengthy singles match she's had, and it was against a decent skilled opponent, so unless you've actually watched that match it's unfair to say "she sucks". What I'm getting from this thread is OP finds her to be an annoying presence but doesn't actually have any input on her skills or why she's employed. When to anyone else, it should be clear she has a strong screen presence, is good with comedy and is a decent actress. Nothing wrong with them giving her an angle.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Yeah too much makeup. Bille Kay is naturally pretty. She actually looked better in her early NXT days when she barely wore makeup. Not every girl looks great with a ton of makeup. She looks better with a minimalist look.

I mean look at her here. She's wearing quite a bit of makeup but considerably less, and she looks way hotter. The red lipstick also looks terrible it makes her look cheap. Red lipstick ain't for everyone.

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,402 Posts
Red Lipstick's time in the sun is over, but the WWE makeup staff haven't realised this.

Most of the women just look like clowns with these huge bright red lips.

WWE's makeup department butchers a lot of attractive women, only Sasha seems to escape their wrath.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Whoever runs the makeup team for WWE is notorious for putting way to much makeup on the talents. Liv Morgan in NXT looked cute and now she looks like a completely different person. Same with Carmella. Natalya is unrecognizable. All if the women wear way toouch to the point where they lose their unique features on their face. I don't even mind when women wear a lot of makeup but the WWE makeup team gives them crap like bright red lipstick. Just accentuate the current features, don't give them an entirely different face!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Carmella and Lana do that too. I don't think it's a necessarily bad look, it has that classic glam feel and reminds me of Jessica Rabbit. That said, I do think its overdone and I think she does look really nice when she goes light on the makeup like in that pic above with the green attire. I notice a trend with many women is once they get to the main roster they start getting more into trying to amp it up on the glam, makeup and emphasis on a bigger emphasis on having a stand out look. I think both the Iconic looked better in NXT, especially Peyton with the Poison Ivy green attire.

·
Standing with The Man
6,341 Posts
I don't particularly care about Billy's in ring work, shes passable and plays her role well. Recently though she's been killing this "comedy gimmick" she has great comic timing and making what should be silly filler content entertaining. The resume gimmick is really funny and shes making it work, "I can be Punk, I can be Edgy........... yeah I've been listening too Blink 182 recently" and having "Mosh Pitting expert" on the resume legit made me laugh out loud.

I'd love to see her show up next week in some kind of comedy version of what she considers a "Punky look"

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I didnt mind Billie Kay on SD at all. Her acting skills are decent, shes pretty charismatic and shes like a bunch of others who dont have much to offer in the ring. It's quite obvious they're still fishing with her after the Iconics got dropped for no really good reason.

·
The face that runs the List
11,230 Posts
Billie Kay's comedy skills are on point.

As for the in-ring, she had decent to good matches in Australia and NXT.
Not sure what happened on the main roster but I always thought she was better than Peyton anyway.

And the makeup thing has been problematic for years.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I disagree I find her funny and I actually don't mind the makeup, her time with the IICONICS and her resume thing make her a bit more interesting and stands out

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
12,872 Posts
I like Billie Kay. I like both her and Peyton actually. But yeah the makeup is a little much. Same with Carmella and Mandy Rose.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah too much makeup. Bille Kay is naturally pretty. She actually looked better in her early NXT days when she barely wore makeup. Not every girl looks great with a ton of makeup. She looks better with a minimalist look.

I mean look at her here. She's wearing quite a bit of makeup but considerably less, and she looks way hotter. The red lipstick also looks terrible it makes her look cheap. Red lipstick ain't for everyone.

View attachment 95621
Yeah she looks way better here. I dont she's bad looking either, she just looks bad compared to peyton.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts