Wrestling Forum banner

Billed From/Hailing From

16208 Views 60 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  Pervis
One thing pro wrestling has to call its own is being able to pretend that certain wrestlers come from basically anywhere.

The ones we've heard over the years are really up there

From Death Valley, From Whereever He Dam Well Pleases(LOL), From The Boiler room, From The Serengetti, From The Jungle, From The Deepest Darkest Corner Of His Mind, From Dudleyville

really does help the uniqueness of the characters since we are trusting the announcer to tell us EXACTLY where this man or womn is from

Did you know that there really is a Death Valley, a place in New Mexico called Truth Or Consequenses and that there is a Bombay Road in Midland,Michigan

are there any others i'm missing that are worth a mention
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
1,446 Posts
One thing pro wrestling has to call its own is being able to pretend that certain wrestlers come from basically anywhere.

The ones we've heard over the years are really up there

From Death Valley, From Whereever He Dam Well Pleases(LOL), From The Boiler room, From The Serengetti, From The Jungle, From The Deepest Darkest Corner Of His Mind, From Dudleyville

really does help the uniqueness of the characters since we are trusting the announcer to tell us EXACTLY where this man or womn is from

Did you know that there really is a Death Valley, a place in New Mexico called Truth Or Consequenses and that there is a Bombay Road in Midland,Michigan

are there any others i'm missing that are worth a mention
You forgot "Parts Unknown"

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Yeah, Death Valley is in California (it also is the nickname for Louisiana State University's Tiger Stadium). Most of the divas are billed from their actual place of birth/hometown: Melina is from L.A.; Kelly, Alicia, and Michelle are all from the towns in Florida WWE bills them from; Maryse was born and has roots in Laval, which is a suburb of Montreal (she went to school in Brunswick); Beth is from around Buffalo; Natalya is from Calgary, etc.

But I must admit, I'm glad most of the roster is billed from actual cities they lived or are currently living in. I do wish that certain roster members (like Rosa and Gail who are from Vancouver and Toronto respectively I believe) would get their actual hometown as their billed one, especially if its outside the States.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let's not forget about Mankind being from The Boiler Room. I always thought that was cool.
So hes not from anywhere he just takes residency in where big sports arenas keep their water heaters constantly moving to different ones that just happen to be where WWF are touring to next

thats just comical

· Registered
2,362 Posts
thats just comical
Yes, but it worked. It also created the match which, up to that point, was the biggest betrayal I had ever seen.

Reactions: radiatedrich

· Registered
861 Posts
Despise the fact that Mason Ryan is billed from Cardiff, Wales. Any British person could listen to his accent and tell he's from northern Wales, not southern. That said, I'd like to hear Tony Chimel try to say "Tremadog, Gywnedd, Wales" when he struggles with "Rated R Suuuuperstar!!"

· I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
33,076 Posts
I was trying to remember where Del Rio was billed from... and the thing is he's not billed at all becouse R. Rodriguez introduces him.

He is from San Luís Potosí, and I really like that name.
Del Rio is royalty, so all of Mexico is his kingdom...but you already knew that. So I understand why it isn't announced since we all know already.

Edit: I hate that I can't remember but Kenny Omega is billed from somewhere awesome. Anyone?

· Registered
291 Posts
Who was billed from Wherever they damn well please? I don't remember that one

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.