Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chuck Carroll interviewed former WWE and WCW star Bill Goldberg this afternoon on 106.7 The Fan, and the following are interview highlights.

On his and Lesnar's initial departure from WWE:

"Obviously it was kind of unfinished business. We both left there under circumstances that weren’t the most favorable for anybody, let alone the fans who are the most important at the end of the day."

On Lesnar in general:

"Brock, as a young kid, he succeeded in every single thing that he did. To venture out and try to play professional football without having college experience — LaVar will tell you how hard that is. Big pat on the back to him for that. And then going to MMA and succeeding and becoming the World Heavyweight Champion. . . Whatever Brock wants to do, I’m in his corner. He’s a good buddy of mine and we talk frequently. I just hope at the end of the day whatever he chooses his health is in a positive note. We all know he’s had some issues over the past number of years."

On having a final match:

"It’s really tough for a guy like myself. Look at a guy like Animal. Look at Road Warrior. Look at guys who are big power guys. . . the older you get the harder it is to be that guy."

He added his ideal final match would be against Steve Austin.

"That’d be a dream come true… that’d be killer. I think at the end of the day they probably don’t trust me enough to put me in there with guys, considering I’m ‘a dangerous guy to work with’ and ‘I haphazardly ended Bret Hart’s career.’ At the end of the day these people have to understand it’s a violent deal, number one. Number two, accidents happen. And number three, that’s why I work in Japan — they don’t cry if you hit them …That’s a joke."

Apparently Bill is mad. :austin

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Notice how he takes zero responsibility for being a reckless worker.

·
Premium Member
8,667 Posts
"...And number three, that’s why I work in Japan — they don’t cry if you hit them …That’s a joke."

It's still real to Goldberg, dammit.

·
Registered
626 Posts
:no: Goldberg, how far have you fallen?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
What a tool "the fans who are the most important at the end of the day." Pfft! If he cared so much he wouldn't have pissed about against Brock for 6-7 minutes before even locking up, let alone wrestle!

"they don’t cry if you hit them …That’s a joke." You messed up, Berg. Grow a set of balls and own up to it. You ARE reckless to work with.

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
I'd rather see him against Austin rather than punk vs austin.
I agree with this. Austin vs Goldberg is a big money match and can easily headline wrestlemania.

Punk vs Austin would get overshadowed completely.

And I dont think goldberg was really unsafe worker in the ring tbh. He was fine worker for his size. Accidents happen.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Goldberg/Austin like Hogan/Austin is a HUGE money match no matter where or when. Besides Lesnar/Rock/Taker, Goldberg is another worthy opponent for Austin to come back for. Goldberg was a decent worker, amazing athlete for his size. Accidents happen, it's a physical business.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Goldberg is one of the most overrated main event wrestlers of all time. He shouldn't wine about the current WWE and he doesn't deserve a match with SCSA.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
What is sad is someone like Goldberg is probably unknown to the current WWE demographic. If his music played and the epic entrance from the locker room started, half of the people / kids in the crowd wouldn't even know who we is.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
This interview sounded completely ignorant and bitter on Goldberg's part. That figures him and Brock are good buddies considering they both have similar personalitys. They probally had lunch with one another while planning out one of the biggest letdown matches in the history of WWE at WrestleMania 20. I'm not sure about anybody else but there's no way in FUCK I'd want Goldberg back. It's already bad enough that we have had a Lesnar return but to see both these guys in the same company again would be very tough to watch. Not only do I personally not want Goldberg but I also just feel it wouldn't be a very smart decision on WWE's part either. Goldberg is very sloppy in the ring and is capable of hurting others, non existant mic skills, zero charisma.

The main two qualitys that made the guy a star back in the day was his look and drawing power. Goldberg even admitted in this interview that with age it's difficult to play that power guy. He is now much older and doesn't have that same look and presence that made him unique. He also wouldn't even attract many fans in or draw as much as some might think. Most of the kids would have zero idea who he was and even old WCW fans probally wouldn't give a shit at this point. Lesnar was the much better option and I don't even like Lesnar either. Goldberg is 45 years old and day by day is losing the only thing he was ever good for in the first place. Keep his overrated ass off my tv screen forever and I'll die a happy man.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
The guy was massively over back in the day but his act got tired really quick. Wouldn't want him to come back to the WWE at all.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
If his music played and the epic entrance from the locker room started, half of the people / kids in the crowd wouldn't even know who we is.
They'd just be like "oh look heres Ryback to kill someone". If goldie then went out and had a typical match, the crowd would still be none the wiser.

Was never a Goldberg fan so no interest for me, the only match of his i can be bothered watching is the one where Regal made him look a total idiot.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
yes lets have two ancient has beens main event wrestlemania great idea. How in anyway would CM Punk V Austin be overshadowed? Punk is the number 1/2 guy on the roster right now and going against Austin would only help him as he would have nothing to lose, i personally would love it to happen

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
This interview sounded completely ignorant and bitter on Goldberg's part. That figures him and Brock are good buddies considering they both have similar personalitys. They probally had lunch with one another while planning out one of the biggest letdown matches in the history of WWE at WrestleMania 20. I'm not sure about anybody else but there's no way in FUCK I'd want Goldberg back. It's already bad enough that we have had a Lesnar return but to see both these guys in the same company again would be very tough to watch. Not only do I personally not want Goldberg but I also just feel it wouldn't be a very smart decision on WWE's part either. Goldberg is very sloppy in the ring and is capable of hurting others, non existant mic skills, zero charisma.

The main two qualitys that made the guy a star back in the day was his look and drawing power. Goldberg even admitted in this interview that with age it's difficult to play that power guy. He is now much older and doesn't have that same look and presence that made him unique. He also wouldn't even attract many fans in or draw as much as some might think. Most of the kids would have zero idea who he was and even old WCW fans probally wouldn't give a shit at this point. Lesnar was the much better option and I don't even like Lesnar either. Goldberg is 45 years old and day by day is losing the only thing he was ever good for in the first place. Keep his overrated ass off my tv screen forever and I'll die a happy man.
I've never heard anybody say bad things to Brock as a person.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts