Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean wrestlers who have came a long way to achieve their status in the WWE.

Take for example CM Punk-I remember watching him as the straightedge superhero on the indys ,with the bleached blonde hair and skinny physique.I always knew he was a great wrestler and immense on the mic but never thought he would amount to anything ,and was doomed to the Indys for life.It was great to see him succed ,and he deserves every bit of praise because he really busted his balls to get there.

Another one would be the Miz -To say he has came a long way would be by far a understatement.Everyone remembers the awkward promo he cut on tough enough and he just came across as a reality star trying to hold on to a claim to fame.But ,he has worked so hard to get where he is today.He's one of the best heels and mic workers going and is always improving in the ring.I'm not his biggest fan but this is a success story.

Then of course you had Gurerro ,Benoit ,Rey Mysterio and Jericho who bust their balls on every corner of the planet to try and be the best they could and it payed off greatly ,as all are ledgends in their own right.

Any more you can think of?

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
There's a lot. The majority of the locker room do this gig because they want to not because they need to.

Edge is prob the biggest feel good story. Was voted most likely to win WWE title in his high school year book. Wrestled in the toronto Sky dome, the very building he was attending when he was a kid for WM6. Got to tag and win multiple tag titles with his childhood friend Christian. Got to tag and win a tag title with his child hood hero, Hulk Hogan. He has done everything he ever wanted to do.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Ric Flair. He broke his back in 1975 in a plane crash that killed everyone except him (I think) and was told he'd never wrestle again, 6 years of work later, he got back in the ring and won his first world championship and went on to have more than anyone, ever. It's a remarkable story, he should've never recovered.

Of course, he's one of the biggest wrestling failures too with how much he's in debt...

I agree that Edge is probably the best feel good story, though. He's truly done everything he set out to accomplish and then some.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Vince McMahon is THE wrestling success story.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flair is an obvious one that skipped my mind ,as is Edge's when you put it like that.

Foley's is probably another one ,got spotted by jumping of his roof onto a matress and the rest is history.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
Vince McMahon is THE wrestling success story.
Are you kidding? He's done very well but it's not like he didn't have all the advantages in the world. He's a 3rd generation promoter, he was spoon fed the business from an early age and his both his dad and grandfather both ran MSG before he ever did so you can't say they were anything short of a success themselves.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
Are you kidding? He's done very well but it's not like he didn't have all the advantages in the world. He's a 3rd generation promoter, he was spoon fed the business from an early age and his both his dad and grandfather both ran MSG before he ever did so you can't say they were anything short of a success themselves.
Come again? I'd like to see anyone with that kind of spoonage stand up to every other promoter and say, 'I'm making wrestling into a World Wide enterprise and you either can fall in line or fall flat on your face'. Vince could have easily crumbled into the decay of the WWWF and be only forever remembered as a good commentator and nothing more. Like him or hate him, this man is made.

I'd like to add the name of Trish Stratus as far as females are concerned.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Come again? I'd like to see anyone with that kind of spoonage stand up to every other promoter and say, 'I'm making wrestling into a World Wide enterprise and you either can fall in line or fall flat on your face'. Vince could have easily crumbled into the decay of the WWWF and be only forever remembered as a good commentator and nothing more. Like him or hate him, this man is made.

I'd like to add the name of Trish Stratus as far as females are concerned.
This.

Without Vince there might not even be wresling around today (in the states anyway),espicailly the world wide enterprise it is anyway.

Yes ,Trish is a good one.As for women i'll throw Chyna's name out there too ,as much as I hate her she's one of the biggest success stories in terms of what she did .

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
What about the kid who was training in Killer Kowalski's school dreaming of the day he would get to work for Vince McMahon and the WWF and ended up marrying his daughter. That's a success if I ever saw one lol.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about the kid who was training in Killer Kowalski's school dreaming of the day he would get to work for Vince McMahon and the WWF and ended up marrying his daughter. That's a success if I ever saw one lol.
Anyone who married his daughter was bound for greatness.Hell ,Matt Hardy would of changed the wrestling world ,and would have a soft corporate job now after numerous title reigns if he did.:rolleyes:

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Austin coming back way to early from injury in order to run shit late 2000 and majority of 2001.

·
Registered
139 Posts
for better or worse the rock,went from 'die rocky die' to the face of a brand and used wrestling as a springboard to a lucrative acting career

daneil bryan i guess aswell, although he still has much to achieve after many years he made it to the pinnacle of wrestling and was handed a major championship (more or less)

and lastly Batista, he went from a dopey roid filled freak to a multiple time world heavy weight champion roided freak who nailed most of the divas on the roster, if that's not a success story i don't know what is...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Wade Barrett last year he was a comontator on FCW and between gimmicks 1 year later he is 1 of the WWE s biggest stars and Main Eventing .

·
Banned
749 Posts
John Cena.

·
SAL
2,203 Posts
The Miz belongs in this thread. For the few of us who watched him on Real World, playing around with his pretend (then) WWF title, finally getting into WWE through a contest. And then, well, let's allow him to tell the story!

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Edge's is a decent story. From living in a small appartment with his mom and struggling to get by, to wrestling in the Northwest Territories, miles away from anywhere on the independant circuit. In his book he also said he promised himself that he'd get enough to buy his mom a house. He succeeded that and has done much more.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Austin. Wrestled in WCCW for scraps, got hired for WCW, became most underrated wrestler on roster but wasnt pushed, became succuessful tag team wrestler even though he wasnt meant to, got fired over the phone, got super pissed and re-invented himself while perfecting mic skills, arrived at WWF, caught one lucky break and made the best of it, made the best out of every chance he got, broke knee, came back, broke neck came back, broke other knee, came back, won WWF title, became biggest wrestler ever and BERRIED the company that fired him

There is no story like it......... Maybe Eddie or Benoit though, until the ending.....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts