Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From this..

To this..

I chose that image because if you've seen that shoot interview, you'd know what I'm talking about.

That guy should be a multiple time former world champ now.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
Re: Scott Hall the biggest tragedy?

I have a hard time thinking up people that fucked themselves over and were fucked over as bad as him.

Jake Roberts springs to mind, though.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That's a sad story for his children and wife. As for him he can go fuck himself, plus God has erased Chris Benoit from the history of planet earth.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts

I don't know, that kind of transcends "Wow, blahblahblah should have been World Champ! What a shame."

William Regal, the Wellness Policy thing killed everything he had going for him and resigned him to jobber hell. He should have been a legit wrestler in the U.S. and Intercontinental scene with several more titles.

Carlito. Waah Wahh! I don't wanna be a face! He buttfucked himself out of a great career.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

thats an awesome video. other than jake roberts, i can't think of anyone else that is still alive.

otherwise, it's everyone who has died before the age of 40 in wrestling.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts

I'd say no because it was largely self-inflicted. And don't forget that Hall actively hurt the careers of other wrestlers when he was in his prime so you could argue that he deserves it.

I would point at those who've been driven out of the industry by politics, ridiculous creative decisions, mis-treatment by management as far bigger tragedies. Jim Cornette frequently brings up Danny Basham as an example of someone who got into the industry because he loved wrestling and came to hate it because of the WWE system. Whether you agree with that particular example or not doesn't really matter, there are plenty of others and I'm sure you could find a name you do agree with.

·
21st century schizoid man
1,897 Posts

Mr. Perfect and steamboat were both massively more deserving than an ego driven chico like hall.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
When I think of Razor Ramon..I love to think of the year 1996. Why? Because nobody was more over than Razor and the Undertaker and they pushed Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart into the main event of WM 12. Fucking horrible.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Scott was my favourite wrestler when i first discovered wrestling back in '93, so I'll always look back on his carear with fond memories, but over the past 10 years he could of still been a bit part player in the WWE rather than somebody no company wants to touch.

·
Registered
264 Posts

Carlito. Waah Wahh! I don't wanna be a face! He buttfucked himself out of a great career.
He was being wasted and sat around doing nothing long before they turned him face. Ever since he lost to Flair, they did nothing with him and he seemed to lose interest because of it.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I loved Hall, still do. One of my all time favorites, shame what happened to him, but he still had a damn good career

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Hall's not the first guy to have a drinking problem. Shit happens, especially when you are on the road every night, away from your family, It is easy to start partying. How many rock stars go to rehab's a million times? eventually they usually figure it out. Sometimes they fall off the wagon once in a while, and need another round. Very similar lifestyle to wrestlers, and Hall's just one of those guys. He's had a great career, he's pretty old, close to 60 and has had more of an impact and will be remembered more than a lot of world champs, who gives a shit if he wasn't the fake wrestling champ. I hope he can get sober for good for his own sake, but he has nothing to be ashamed of, as far as his career.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts