• Shawn Michaels

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Ric Flair

Votes: 3 1.9%
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
depends what you mean by star.
obviously its hogan but in terms of who was number 2 ...i think rock was more flashy... austin, the unlikely antihero *******, had a bigger fanbase overall....plus austin was involved i the biggest feud ever (vs mcmahon) which i think overshadowed austin vs rock...where austin won the title from rock at 2 WM's...but then again rock didnt NEED to win those big matches....

PLUS
while austin and rock were dominating WWF...Hogan was still around...on the other side on the fence...and actually (NWO) beat them both in ratings for over a year i believe.... and this competition allowed rock and austin to elevate their games, push the limits and become big stars. it was ultimately the state of management that ruined WCW...but then again hogan was a big influence backstage...either way hogna is by far the biggest star...and was also close to being a bigger star during the AE in wcw....

· Registered
1,426 Posts
I thought Rocko advertised his merch at every Raw/Smackdown show, with the 'Finally, The Rock has come back to ___', there was alot of those shirts in the crowd saying 'Finally....'
I mean he barely wore his T-shirts. If you wear your T-shirts all the time your merchandise sales obviously are gonna go up. In 1999-2000 did you see Rock in a T-shirt or his $500 shirts more? Exactly.

· Registered
2,827 Posts
You could erase Hogan's entire WCW career from existence, and he'd still be #1. And that was a pretty damn good career.

If there was a 'meet your favorite wrestler day' at your local mall, and you had to pick either austin or Hogan, hogan's line would be twice as long, and half the austin line would change their mind while they were waiting, once they saw the hulkster standing in front of them.

· Registered
20,757 Posts
Hogan is the biggest wrestling star in North American history so that's all that needs to be said.

· Registered
1,951 Posts
I put The Rock because he was just the whole package. He can wrestle he can get any type of fan from kids/women/men/teens. He was lovable and he was not overrated in anyway. The Rock didn't hold much the title and yet he is mentioned a lot he knew how to run a crowd he knew what the people wanted. He also knew how to treat the title gave it prestige when he would hold it. Heel or face (preferred though face though) he was able to act it out so good. The Rock was just amazing he always had something to bring up he was entertaining, charismatic, hilarious you just name it. The Rock wasn't always the main star and he still was on of the top. If The Rock would of stayed longer a lot would probably of picked him now, but he didn't stay for long. Also The Rock never was full of himself he let other people go over him as well as he did it more for the people than the money (even though we will bring the movie industry but lets not go there). My answer its for what The Rock has accomplished and done and I just think till now he is my biggest role model (even though I saw him for like one year and half) I missed the attitude era the best of him and I still think he was just so amazing.

· Registered
4,563 Posts
"while austin and rock were dominating WWF...Hogan was still around...on the other side on the fence...and actually (NWO) beat them both in ratings for over a year i believe"

WCW beat WWE in ratings but at the same time WCW business losing money in debt where WWF business earning profits from merchandise, Attendance gates and PPV buyrates. WCW have big fat contract for hogan but it doesn't do any damn good at the end. the real problem is having Hogan too much creative on top hogging main event where Bret-Jericho-Radicals on the bottom, Hogan is great for WCW in short term but he's a cancer to WCW in long term. if you put those 3 WCW on main event with Hogan/NWO wcw could have been saved. Hogan is a short term answer...

· Registered
10,483 Posts
As much as I am totaly sick of the guy, the biggest star in WWE history is Hogan without question.

If it was just wrestling history, I would go with Flair.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
HBK is an all time great and all but c'mon now people why does he have 5 votes? He shouyld even be on the poll let alone actually getting votes. Cena's a bigger star than him and even he only has 1 vote. Anyway to repeat what I said earlier Hogan is the biggest star in WWE history and wrestling history period.

· Registered
3,895 Posts
No matter how much Vince tries to brainwash the fans into thinking Austin is the biggest star of all time, the majority of fans know it's Hogan, and Vince probably knows that and i'd I love to hear what he thinks of it.

· Registered
4,563 Posts
in my theory Hogan put WWF mainstream media but he left WWF in bad terms went to WCW and WWF could have went bankrupt from the war but Austin came in and grab WWF by the throat from the bottom of the ground to the top and WWF became well known around the world not just in USA. ...you can't believe what WWE tell you but alot of shoot interviews who are not with WWF/E they said since Steve Austin took the spotlight their paycheck increase and more attendances. Austin-Rock making more money for WWE/F than Hogan make money for Vince in his lifetime...have Hogan ever ask or work with Mid-card? Austin ask vince for him to work with Eddie and also Eddie Guerrero did have a chance work with The Rock. Hogan always hold the spotlight on main event. Back then eveyone laid down for him and in WCW everyone laid down for him that is why he's the star with negative reaction from his work mate and fans.Of all the guys McMahon gave the ball to,
no one ran bigger than Austin the man who known for revolutionize Monday Night. One other guy is Rock who not only on Main event but he also work with Mid-card unlike Hogan work with Main stars which got him more over.

· There's only one of me
1,269 Posts
Have to go with Hogan here, just because he was loved by so many in the 90s. It was devastating to many when he turned his back on the fans and joined the NWO...one of the most notable events in wrestling history which, by itself, tells more than enough when answering a question like this.

And, his feud with Slaughter was amazing. It created the American Hero in sports (entertainment or competitive), and the timing was perfect.

Has to be Hulk.

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Hogan is the biggest star in WWE history, he headlined Wrestlemania nine times in a row, held the WWF title combined over 2000+ days. List can go on tbf.

Andre the Giant was a big star too, with hogan tbf.

I'd say though that Cena ain't far off though, just imagine what Cena would be like if this was the golden age of wrestling??

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.