• Shawn Michaels

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • others(mention)

Votes: 2 10.5%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Yeah, it's Hogan. He's headlined the most WM's, and he has the claim to the biggest WrestleMania moment ever (hell, biggest WRESTLING moment ever).

WWE loves to fraudulently build it around Shawn Michaels so that it looks like he matters, but it's easy to tear their logic down based on what the actual characteristics are that someone would need to be "Mr. WrestleMania" and drawing outweighs performance pretty heavily.

Taker is a decent choice, but again, his Streak is just a WWE made hype device. An extremely great, important one, but just that. As much as I hate to say it, as much as I will NEVER understand it, it's all about Hogan.

·
Registered
13,215 Posts
Yeah, easily Hogan, he dominated the first 9 Wrestlemanias, even the ones he didn't main event then came back and had high profile matches at Wrestlemania 18 and 19.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hogan

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
- Hulk Hogan is the "main event" of WrestleMania
- the Undertaker with the Streak--the most prized solo possession in all of wrestling
- Shawn Michaels is Mr. WrestleMania

These three.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Its amazing how people voted Micheals for biggest star at Mania because Micheals should honestly be behind Hogan, Taker, Rock and Stone Cold

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Kind of obvious, since Hulk Hogan is the biggest star, period. So naturally he's the biggest star at Wrestlemania. Besides, look at his archive of matches at the event. The biggest, most important match, for the business, that Shawn Michaels was ever a part of at a Wrestlemania was his loss to Steve Austin at Wrestlemania XIV because it was the coronation of the Austin/Attitude Era in 1998. Michaels "sort of" toppled Bret Hart as the face of the New Generation two years earlier, but his drawing power was never remarkable. For match quality, Michaels is difficult to beat, and would win this poll between these three quite easily, considering the moderate number of stinkers both Hogan and especially Undertaker have had at Wrestlemanias in the past.

Hogan was the driving engine behind The Rock and Wrestling Boom, embodied by his partnership with Mr. T at the first Wrestlemania. Two years later, well, yeah, Hogan vs. Andre. Two years later, the Mega-Powers Explode. Randy Savage was awesome but it was Hogan's star power that made Savage an icon because the angle made him a pseudo-equal (not really "equal," but the entire angle put him just underneath Hogan's level, which is nothing to be ashamed of), the next year, The Ultimate Challenge with Warrior, a "passing of the torch" that never really was, the next year, eh, the conquering of the Iraqi Turncoat (silly angle, but it did get very modest media attention), two years later he steals the show in the wrong way by taking Bret's title from Yokozuna, then comes back nine years later for one of the biggest Wrestlemania matches in years against The Rock, then caps if all off in a feud with Vince McMahon the following year.

Nobody even comes close to that sort of quintessential canon. Even the true heavyweights of Wrestlemanias past: Andre, Savage, Michaels, Undertaker, Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Cena, Batista. Nobody.

Reactions: Kratosx23

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I voted Hogan because... well, it's too obvious, followed by Undertaker, Shawn, and Austin. But I feel Vince deserves an honorable mention here. Sure, his WM matches are full of spots, but I really enjoy them. His fights with Shane, Hogan, and Shawn were great. We all know how shitty the Bret one was, but there were reasons for that.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Its amazing how people voted Micheals for biggest star at Mania because Micheals should honestly be behind Hogan, Taker, Rock and Stone Cold
I'd put Shawn after Savage, and maybe Bret too. As far being a big star at Wrestlemania.

Macho Man had so many classic matches and moments. His reunion with Miss Elizabeth was one of the most iconic moments in Wrestlemania history, IMO.

Also, there's the moments where lifted her on his shoulders at WM 4 and 7 are just as big as anything Shawn did at Wrestlemania.

I'm not trying to downplay Shawn at all. He definitely benefited from the WWE hype machine. Pretty much like nobody ever has. Even Hogan.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Biggest what type of star in term of In ring Performance or Overall include Drawing and good match? Obviously have to be Hogan biggest star, Shawn did put great Wrestlemania matches for his in ring performance but doesn't draw much as Austin or Rock. Austin had 2 iconic Wrestlemania 1 is with Bret and other one is with shawn(who was injured and was force to wrestle drop the belt either he want to do it or not) officially beginning of Attitude era. Rock moment is face hogan and series of Wrestlemania with Austin which really help WWF business on top again(drawing power like hogan get people spend money on Wrestlemania event).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts