Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Biggest I'd have to say is Lex Luger
because under his All-American Hero gimmick WWF sent him all around the country in a van to gain popularity which no doubt cost alot,then to have him in a failed fued with Yokozuna,share his Royal Rumble victory with Bret Hart and then instead of main eventing WM 10 instead he appears halfway into the show and loses miserably then goes on as a mediocre upper card/midcarder.

Also Kaval because of so much hype only to win 1 match and released after 3 months

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Kaval got a push? when? The fans were the one that voted for him, but WWE didn't give a damn about him. Actually preferred him to Daniel Bryan.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The biggest one in recent memory is Vladimir Kozlov, back in 2008 when he first debuted. The guy went over frickin' Undertaker clean and got WWE title shots. Then WWE just stopped the push awkwardly and he became a jobber for the rest of his career.

·
Asuka
96,225 Posts
Define "failed".

Are we talking about a push that was working and was halted for injuries, leaving, bad behavior, or are we talking about a push where they gave a guy a huge push and nobody gave a shit?

Kennedy and Bobby Lashley are the two big ones that stick out for the first kind. Both got huge pushes but Lashley left after his girlfriend was released and we all know everything that happened with Kennedy.

John Morrison is the biggest example of pushing somebody for nothing. You could say Del Rio, but Del Rio will get over. He's too good not to. His reactions are already improving. Morrison has been given so many chances to get over and nobody gives a flying fuck.

Orton has failed in the aspect that they've tried to turn him into the face of the company and they can't because he has no charisma whatsoever, so he's just a regular main eventer. Not total failure, despite the length it took him to get there, but failure for what they intended. Now if they had given his push to Punk or somebody like that, he would be, but I digress.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
The biggest one in recent memory is Vladimir Kozlov, back in 2008 when he first debuted. The guy went over frickin' Undertaker clean and got WWE title shots. Then WWE just stopped the push awkwardly and he became a jobber for the rest of his career.
i remember when they just stopped caring about him and i was like wtf? if they bwould have coontined to push him, he could have been huge as an upper midcard/main event russian monster

·
Registered
798 Posts
For top spot light right now IMO Morrison. He has amazing talent in the ring and they want him to go over with everyone, its just his gimmick no one really cares for the gimmick I think. I like him though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Recent memories...

SHEAMUS

This guy was an animal, he took out Triple H, he beat the crap outta everybody. He had solid victories over the top guys, then WWE turned him face and now he's not the big bully in the yard anymore, but he's the bully that found god and is now watching out for the little guys. He has been very dissapointing as of late.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
This guy was an animal, he took out Triple H, he beat the crap outta everybody. He had solid victories over the top guys, then WWE turned him face and now he's not the big bully in the yard anymore, but he's the bully that found god and is now watching out for the little guys. He has been very dissapointing as of late.
no, because Shea is thuper over as of now.

·
Banned
822 Posts
Jack Swagger
Vladimir Kozlov (lol he got a clean victory over Taker)
Jackson Andrews (he was Tyson Kidd's bodyguard for like two weeks and then he just disappeared
Drew McIntyre
What's the difference between a magnet and Drew McIntyre. The magnet gets a reaction.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
Billy Gunn. He won the King of the Ring, never got over, became gay with Chuck, then disappeared to TNA.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts