Wrestling Forum banner

Who is the Bigger hypocrite

• The Best there is, the best there, was and the Best there ever will be. Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • "The Living Legend, The Italian Superman, The MAN" BRUNO SAMMARTINO

Votes: 29 54.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,876 Posts
I voted Bruno.

Bret was more of a pissed at the moment situation and I guess he finally accepted he was just as much to blame for not doing business as HBK and Vince was.

But, Bruno has been on a crusade to take down McMahon for over 20 years, much like "Superstar" Billy Graham. When the steroid shit popped off or any other negative moment in the business in the 90s, Sammartino leaped at the chance to bury McMahon. The fact that he left the first time because he didn't like the direction the company was going and only returned to get his son a push shows that he was obviously bitter for reasons I've yet to understand.

·
Listen. No really, LISTEN.
5,535 Posts
Bret's been a whiny bitch for some time now, and I've always believed the Montreal Screw Job was a work. The bitterness really needs to go.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Bruno didn't want to be inducted because he didn't approve of the company's direction, that has changed over the years and now he willing to be inducted. He isn't a hypocrite for having beliefs.

Bret isn't exactly a hypocrite either, but it is pretty douchey that all it takes to change his mind is to have Vince kiss his ass a bunch.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Bruno is legend, perhaps the biggest ever in the business, "the hogan before there was a hogan" as they say, the biggest and the longest draw in history. While Bret is a sad fuck who is going to die whining about the screwjob. Honestly that's bret hart's legacy now, that he got screwed by Vince, shawn and hunter and never recovered from it. Its a shame but it is what it is and bret did that to himself.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Bret easily. Even after getting inducted to the Hall of fame, getting paid big money, he still complains about the Kliq, Mcmahons, Michaels and HHH.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Bruno didn't want to be inducted because he didn't approve of the company's direction, that has changed over the years and now he willing to be inducted. He isn't a hypocrite for having beliefs.

Bret isn't exactly a hypocrite either, but it is pretty douchey that all it takes to change his mind is to have Vince kiss his ass a bunch.
Do you believe this...

It's about money with Bruno. Nothing else - the nonsense about the PG programing was just his way of getting back into the WWF and not looking like a total hypocrite.

Bruno talked so much about the HoF it was obvious he wanted to go in but pride got in his way.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Just because you say you won't do something, then turn around and do it doesn't make you a hypocrite. Things change over time. Neither one of them are hypocrites.
I totally agree

This must be the most stupid thread I've seen in a loong time.
Peoples opinion change over time, and the fact that we were not involved in the private conversation Vince had with Bret or Triple H had with Bruno. That means we knows fuck what took place, just speculation, so I do not think we should classify any of them as a hypcrites. I bet that 99% of us would have "sold out" way earlier than any of these two legends

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I totally agree

This must be the most stupid thread I've seen in a loong time.
Peoples opinion change over time, and the fact that we were not involved in the private conversation Vince had with Bret or Triple H had with Bruno. That means we knows fuck what took place, just speculation, so I do not think we should classify any of them as a hypcrites. I bet that 99% of us would have "sold out" way earlier than any of these two legends
Bruno said a few months ago. He didnt want to go in the HoF

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
It's unfair to call either hypocrites. Though I do want to know why Bruno has changed his mind as he had several reasons for not going in.

He claimed that there was no hall of fame, referring to the lack of physical location, he had problem with the product and he had problems with both Vince Senior and Vince Junior for constantly trying to make him work when he didn't want to. Maybe they offered him a huge sum of money he simply couldn't refuse but that doesn't seem consistent with what we know about Bruno or WWE.

Whatever his reasons are I'm very glad he's going in and can't wait to see him be inducted.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts