Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What were some of the bigger and more surprising wrestling upsets that you can recall on either PPV or TV?

One rule- Disqualifications do not count.

Two that I can recall:

Shelton Benjamin's RAW debut over Triple H in 2004

John Cena over Chris Jericho at Vengeance 2002

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
~Jericho beating HHH for the title on RAW although the decision was later reversed.
~HBK winning the 2002 elimination chamber for the world heavyweight championship.
~Jericho beating The Rock and Austin on the same night is the biggest by far though.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Eddie beating lesnar at no way out 2004, Not reading spoilers back in the day, i thought eddie was just another opponenent for brock to build momentuem torwards wrestlemania, never thought eddie would beat him and win the wwe title! Great moment but also very sad when i go back and watch it after what happend R.i.P!

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Biggest upset of all time has to be The Kid pinning Razor Ramon on Monday Night Raw.

Hell they renamed him the 1, 2, 3 Kid
Damnit, you took my first thought when I read the title. I will never forget that as a kid!

Also, when Jericho beat HHH. I was there that night and it was just an epic moment. The crowd was so crazy after that win and I lost my voice for the rest of the night, which sucked b/c it was the first match on RAW!

·
#WWELogic
3,789 Posts
Jef Hardy over HHH for the IC Title on SD
Maven eliminating Taker from the RR 02
Angle reatining the WWF Title in a six man HIAC @ Arm 2000
Edge "cashing" in on Cena to become WWE Champion NYR 06
Jericho becoming WHC over the Rock No Mercy 01
Cean winning the 2008 RR (No Cena fan here bit man no ONE...saw that coming)

Stay Frosty

·
Wrestle Like It's 1999!
370 Posts
Cant remember where and when; but when HHH beat The Rock by using a barbwire bat (it was no DQ)I always remember how upset I was because The Rock was so close to winning. Anyone remember where and when?

·
Banned
647 Posts
I knew Jericho was going to be the 1st ever undisputed champ. I also knew Sheamus was going to beat John Cena at TLC.

Here's the upset for me, Carlito's first match he wins the US title against John Cena.

-Kane's win in money in the bank is definitely the biggest upset I can remember though.

-Zach Gowen beats Matt Hardy clean.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Cant remember where and when; but when HHH beat The Rock by using a barbwire bat (it was no DQ)I always remember how upset I was because The Rock was so close to winning. Anyone remember where and when?
Eh nope don't remember, are you sure he used a barbed wire bat?

HHH and The Rock had many many matches between 1999 and 2000. Some on RAW and a good few on PPV.

·
Wrestle Like It's 1999!
370 Posts
Eh nope don't remember, are you sure he used a barbed wire bat?

HHH and The Rock had many many matches between 1999 and 2000. Some on RAW and a good few on PPV.
Yeah I'm sure it was them two... The Rock ran at HHH and he hit hime, The Rock fell to the ground and HHH pinned him, weird I remember that but nothing else :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Vince winning the Rumble
Jericho beatin Triple H for the WWF Title 2000
Carlito beating Cena for the US Title on his debut

Team Alliance winning at Invasion could be thrown in I suppose

1 - 20 of 50 Posts