Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 10 months ago we witnessed the rise to the top of wrestlers like Punk, Daniel Bryan, Cody rhodes and Sin cara (well i guess he doesn't count anymore!). These guys are not really the big muscular prototype we are used to see in the WWE, and at this time i really had the feeling that WWE wanted to shake things up.

Well, i had this feeling until the week after mania. In less than one week, we saw Lesnar, Tensai and Ryback coming and it seems thay are here to dominate. Brodus clay is parading at every show, Henry and Show are still dominating and still in the upper midcard picture. And of course Sheamus is going to be WHC for a long time.
And i just read that Brodie lee signed with WWE (which is good because he's an hell of a in ring worker)

Is 2012 going to be the big men year? Your thoughts.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I hope it's not a sign of things to come. Seeing Brodus Clay going over highly talented wrestlers is seriously depressing.
I agree.

Brodie Lee is an exception of course, he's not *that* big or muscular, and he's very good in the ring in comparison to Tensai.

·
Banned
679 Posts
i hope so, so many vanilla midgets running around wwe thinking they actually belong in the main event! ahahahha

Guys like punk,bryan,ryder,rhodes should be midcarders for ever, because nobody wants to watch scrawny men fight.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
well WWE needs to have some big guys, I would rather actual talent and pure entertainent value over just one big lumbering roid fest taking up most of the TV time, but I guess those three you mentioned are alot better in the ring (from what I've seen )than Ezek Jackson, Mason Ryan and Khali any day.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
WWE really needs some new Big Men

all these guys are old and weve seen it all before

have a new guy come in and just dominate the entire roster

·
Banned
914 Posts
i hope so, so many vanilla midgets running around wwe thinking they actually belong in the main event! ahahahha

Guys like punk,bryan,ryder,rhodes should be midcarders for ever, because nobody wants to watch scrawny men fight.
Quoted for truth. I think it's great upper management had finally realised those kinds of people are never valuable business wise and nobody on the crowd had ever treated them seriously whenever they try to portray themselves as tough guys.

Wrestling history has always taught us, dozens and dozens of times before, that successful promotions had always placed those types of wrestlers on the mid to lower card and if WWE ever wants to attain the kind of success they had during the late 90's then they need to relegate them back to mid card.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
I don't think so. Big guys usually get big pushes during their debut, but then flounder once it's reveal they aren't very entertaining and can't get over with the crowd. Look at Big Zeke for example.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Quoted for truth. I think it's great upper management had finally realised those kinds of people are never valuable business wise and nobody on the crowd had ever treated them seriously whenever they try to portray themselves as tough guys.

Wrestling history has always taught us, dozens and dozens of times before, that successful promotions had always placed those types of wrestlers on the mid to lower card and if WWE ever wants to attain the kind of success they had during the late 90's then they need to relegate them back to mid card.
O look... this tired argument. Glad to see some people still have no clue about what makes a wrestling show watchable.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
O look... this tired argument. Glad to see some people still have no clue about what makes a wrestling show watchable.
:lmao just figuring this out about this particular poster now? Dude's been trolling this for the last few months straight

As for the actual topic, where I HATE the size is necessary or a "golden ticket" to being a ME guy argument, a wrestling organization definitely needs a few TALENTED big guys in their ME and upper card scene. The current crop of WWE uppercard "big" guys (Show, Kane, Taker) are getting older and at the end of their wrestling careers and they are going to need replacements for them. We are seeing the WWE trying to push their replacements now in Brodus, Ryback, and Tensai (who is older himself though)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
As long as I'm entertained I don't care how big or small a wrestler is. The assumption that big guys should get in the main event purely on size or size is everything is ridiculous.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
:lmao just figuring this out about this particular poster now? Dude's been trolling this for the last few months straight

As for the actual topic, where I HATE the size is necessary to be a ME guy argument a wrestling organization definitely needs a few BIg guys in their ME and upper card scene. And the current crop of WWE uppercard "big" guys (Show, Kane, Taker) are getting older and at the end of their wrestling careers and they are going to need replacements for them.
I haven't paid much attention to this particular argument in the last few months. After the whole idiotic Nash v Punk in real life thread I decided to take a break from arguing with people that have no clue about these things. Guess I needed a reminder and clicked this thread today.....

Reactions: A-C-P

·
Registered
727 Posts
Well i hope not. I like how were seeing smaller guys main eventing, it really switched things up.
Most big men just plain suck. Either lack of charisma, horrible mic skills or just awful in-ring work.
That being said i think its good to have a nice blend of guys with different sizes.
Smaller guys always wrestle better tho, ALWAYS

·
Registered
458 Posts
Brock ftw

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
I haven't paid much attention to this particular argument in the last few months. After the whole idiotic Nash v Punk in real life thread I decided to take a break from arguing with people that have no clue about these things. Guess I needed a reminder and clicked this thread today.....
Understandable, well then just giving you a heads up useless trying to argue with the guy who were trying to EVERYONE of his posts is about How big guys rule and Punk and Bryan suck just an FYI.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
There needs to be a mixture of bigger and smaller guys all over the card, with guys like Big Show, Kane, Undertaker coming to the end they have needed to bring in newer big guys to fill their shoes, just like last year with the loss of HBK and Jericho they needed to push smaller guys to fill the voids they had left.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
WWE needed to legitimise smaller guys for a long time and people where calling out for it because the most talented guys in the WWE were smaller Punk, Bryan, Rhodes, Ziggler. People were saying this needed to happen for ages but as soon as they did it the massive shit changed and now WWE needs to start making some bigger guys, guys like Batista, Lesnar etc. And once they have done that it will change again.

Thing is it doesn't matter a fucking dot if you are big or small so long as you are talented.

Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, HBK are proof of what smaller guys can do

Batista, The Undertaker, Cena, Lesnar are proof of what big guys can do.

I don't know what some people obsession is, just enjoy the dynamic that the roster is full of tall, small, fat and thin wrestlers.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Honestly, that argument is half true.

A lot of casual viewers would watch wrestling to see something superhuman-esque. In other words, to non-WWE fans, someone who turns it on would likely rather see a massive guy like Ryback, Show, Henry (3 different "massive" types) throw people around more than a smaller mostly-average guy like Punk or Bryan hold an armlock or jump around frantically.

It's true, I completely disagree and would rather it how it is now where not every big guy is pushed to the moon because he's big, but it's kind of how it is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts