Wrestling Forum banner
1281 - 1300 of 1378 Posts

· Registered
3,117 Posts
Damage Ctrl have been damaged goods for a while now. People convinced themselves that this act is great or working because of the people in it. Bianca taking on the group 1 on 3 and Becky not being able to would diminish Becky.

· CEO
3,955 Posts
That was great fun and Christ almighty she's in her element amongst the fans. Just so comfortable ad libbing which is a really difficult skill. I'd imagine herself and Bayley are genuinely thrilled to be working with each other. My only gripe with this whole segment was that Becky shouldn't be able to handle Damage Ctrl by herself. Otherwise, Thank Christ the GOAT is back.

Sent from my 5029Y_EEA using Tapatalk
I also thought this was Bayley's best promo. Bianca's and Liv's best promos have also been when they are in the ring facing Becky. It's the most the fans have been invested in a RAW segment in quite a long time. She just knows how to bring out the best in them. She puts the women's feuds on the level of the men instead of cringy divas-era shit that some were bringing into the women's revolution with the "you're old/fatshaming" segments.

· Standing with The Man
8,211 Posts
God I'd love them to run with this at Mania but I dunno if it will happen based on whats expected to happen, this is a Mania (or a big PPV) worthy match but if Becky goes after Ronda they're gonna be on different shows post Mania so chances are we may not get this match anytime soon.

This stare down was electrifying and has a big fight feel I do hope they switch plans and book this for Mania, Ideally I'd have Becky become Champ and have Rhea win Rumble o set this up

· The Face of Evil
6,979 Posts
God I'd love them to run with this at Mania but I dunno if it will happen based on whats expected to happen, this is a Mania (or a big PPV) worthy match but if Becky goes after Ronda they're gonna be on different shows post Mania so chances are we may not get this match anytime soon.

This stare down was electrifying and has a big fight feel I do hope they switch plans and book this for Mania, Ideally I'd have Becky become Champ and have Rhea win Rumble o set this up
100% agreed. There was raw star power from both women in that stare. Ronda vs Becky was awesome in 2019 because Ronda was a legit UFC fighter and Becky was The Man with an organic rise where the golden girl Charlotte was rejected by the fans despite Vince's attempt to get her over at Beckys expense. They should've never added Ric to that match at WM 35. At this point its too late to do Becky vs Ronda unless Rhea was out injured or something as a back up. Rhea/Becky is money. Ideally, I'd like to see Rhea beat BelFlair for the title at Rumble and then successfully defend against The Man at Mania 39. Becky can stay away from the belt for a bit after that Big Time cringe run she had. Let her help get over stars worth her time, which right now Rhea is the only one they have worthy of that.

· CEO
3,955 Posts

I’ve been saying this for a long time - especially when Ronda started doing her open challenges. Women’s rumble main events with Rhea winning. But just before that, Ronda issues an open challenge talking about how she has beat every woman that stepped in the ring with her and then Becky’s music hits and she taps Ronda out, sending her home and taking the title. Then the women’s rumble starts with Rhea entering first - this same staredown could have happened then. Rhea wins and challenges Becky on SD.

Becky vs. Rhea should NOT be non-title and it should not be on free TV or a B-PPV. Their match on NXT was the first time they beat AEW and drew over a million viewers and when they wrestled on the live circuit earlier this year, people were saying it was the MOTN. Now they’re in their correct alignments and it would be a perfect Wrestlemania main event.

Rhea needs to wrestle more to remind people how good she is as she missed a lot after the concussion. I wouldn’t waste her time on people like Dana Brooke and Tamina. They should get huge job guys in the ring for matches with Rhea.

· CEO
3,955 Posts

Great interview. She talks about a potential future angle with Rhea and mentions Finn…would be something great to tap into. Still putting it out in the universe that Becky takes the belt off Ronda at Royal Rumble to set up this angle for Mania.

Also indicates that her shoulder is still not 100%. Her work ethic is truly unmatched.

· Standing with The Man
8,211 Posts
Found a report saying Becky's MCU role is still open or at least a future role as Marvel execs had been happy with her performance, she had filmed end credit scene for Eternals that was cut for being "too depressing"

· CEO
3,955 Posts
Found a report saying Becky's MCU role is still open or at least a future role as Marvel execs had been happy with her performance, she had filmed end credit scene for Eternals that was cut for being "too depressing"

Yeah, Kris Tapley who broke the rumor confirmed this last month. It was a post-credits scene, so a teaser for something upcoming. So we shall see. Her haters would go mental.

· The Face of Evil
6,979 Posts
This is the most exciting moment in all of 2022 and most of 2021 for me. To hell with Becky/Ronda for Mania 39, that should've happened at Mania 35. Who wants to see that now? I suppose they could have Becky take the belt off Drowsey at the Rumble so she can enter Mania as champ, but I kinda like the idea of a heel Rhea going into WM as champ and retaining against The Man. So, maybe Rhea can end Biancas reign instead?

Becky would be putting over an actual superstar instead of mid carders like Liv or overhyped overpushed ones like Bianca and Charlotte. She's also not Big Time Cringe anymore so she can actually put someone over as The Man.

Ripley/Lynch could easily main event Mania 39, and would be the biggest women's match in Mania history aside from Ronda/Becky/the other woman who didn't belong in the match at Mania 35.

· Standing with The Man
8,211 Posts
This is the most exciting moment in all of 2022 and most of 2021 for me. To hell with Becky/Ronda for Mania 39, that should've happened at Mania 35. Who wants to see that now? I suppose they could have Becky take the belt off Drowsey at the Rumble so she can enter Mania as champ, but I kinda like the idea of a heel Rhea going into WM as champ and retaining against The Man. So, maybe Rhea can end Biancas reign instead?

Becky would be putting over an actual superstar instead of mid carders like Liv or overhyped overpushed ones like Bianca and Charlotte. She's also not Big Time Cringe anymore so she can actually put someone over as The Man.

Ripley/Lynch could easily main event Mania 39, and would be the biggest women's match in Mania history aside from Ronda/Becky/the other woman who didn't belong in the match at Mania 35.
What I would do is I have had Bayley beat Belair by now, thern Becky takes title off Bayley at Rumble while Rhea wins Rumble and challenges Becky at Mania

1281 - 1300 of 1378 Posts