Wrestling Forum banner

Big Time Bextacular Fan Thread IV: Vincent Van GOAT Edition

118K views 2K replies 53 participants last post by  Dolorian 
#1 ·

WWE SmackDown Women's Champion (4 times)
WWE Raw Women's Champion (2 times, current)
Women's Royal Rumble Winner (2019)

Becky Lynch Fan Threads Archive:
Part I Part II Part III

See less See more
#608 ·
Becky haters keep complaining about her on other communities because their favourite women aren't doing anything at the very moment, so I believe Becky's actually doing a terrific job (y)

Imagine if she's actually retaining her title at WM since Bianca stood tall on Monday. Oh boy, the tears. Anyway, if Becky loses, I'm expecting to see her facing Ronda for the SD Women's Title at next year's WM. She'll probably go back to her The Man character too at some point, so no worries.

That's pretty much it, I just wanted to acknowledge my TribaLYNCHief today. Cheers.

#1,162 ·
There is truly nothing that inflames the passions in wrestling like a Becky Lynch promo. She is so enthralling with the way she carries herself, her pacing, cadence and the confidence and indeed authority with which she delivers her lines that you can't help it but feel engrossed by her. Truly amazing.

#1,163 ·
YES!! She's the GOAT, and we haven't heard a great(or even really good for that matter) Becky Lynch promo since the last time The Man was around over a year ago with exception to her 2021 Survivor Series promo against Charlotte, which was done in the tone of The Man, and not Big Time Becks.

#114 ·
I mean Becky's finisher is basically a rollup now so I think Becky will be fine vs Doudrop. Good for Piper to get this match but since she lost to Zelina at Queens Crown and lost 3 in a row to Bianca there's 0.0 chance she wins vs Becky(unless WWE are idiots). Just hoping it's a great match and maybe Becky shows up for the Rumble(in it or eliminates Bianca for set up)

#194 ·
Looks good! Very happy to see her dressed as The Man here and not Big Time Becks! It'd be nice if they offer both variations though. It's sad because she doesn't have an actual 'The Man' build in WWE 2K19 you have to make it yourself since she still has The Lasskicker, and since WWE 2K20 is unplayable trash, that doesn't help. I was concerned this persona would sit out in the new game. 2K games would be smart to have roster/costume/persona updates for the WWE games going forward. It's a bit different than their other sports game where you can just put someone on a team and it changes their uniform. They could do this as a free update which would sell more copies, or even if they wanted to charge for it as DLC, you know people would pay for whatever the next gimmick/entrance music/moveset is for their favorite performers.

Ok, just saw Becky's heel "you people" promo on the Raw after Survivor Series, and I have to say, she's selling me a bit more on her as a heel here. I was somewhat surprised that I liked it as much as I did since I kinda have a built-in aversion to her as a heel. This one seemed to have more authenticity than some of the others, perhaps? It also didn't come off as the typical cheap heat heel promos tend to have (like trashing a local sports team/player, or the population of the city) despite still being a "you people" promo, and she didn't seem to really be leaning into her comedic heel character as much here. Good audience control and interaction, good content grounded in truth, good delivery, The Man vibes. Good shit all around, IMO.

(truncated version)
This one was good too for a multitude of reasons most of which is she comes across more as The Man than as Big Time Flair. Her clothing is very stripped back like The Man and not flashy like Big Time, she isn't doing her comedic whining promos where her voice goes up and she stutters the whole time like Big Time, the promo has edge and fire, which is what mostly lacks from straight up Big Time personas and this promo coming off the heels of the match with Flair that she performed in as a babyface channeling her Man gimmick, it ties back into that very well.

I'm curious to see what your thoughts are going to be on some of the harsh promos shes going to destroy Liv Morgan with. She says some cold shit, and best of all it's based on stuff that's true about Liv, so it bites even more.

#221 ·

While speaking on Sirius XM’s Throwing Down with Renee Paquette and Miesha Tate, Lita talked about her future plans in WWE. Lita revealed that she wants a match against Becky Lynch as well.

“Charlotte and I started something last week, so I wouldn’t mind getting the better of her. But also, there’s just something with Becky. I honestly feel very connected to her, like our journeys getting into the business and everything that I’d love to see what that looks like.”

#330 ·
I don't understand what they're going for here, under no current situation does Nepotism politic girl vs Depressed ex-MMA fighter who hates the fans work as a compelling fued.

There's just too many obstacles to do it natrually without being contrived to the point where people will see through it. Like Ronda not choosing Becky needing some 8D chess reasoning to make sense. The intentional dumbing down of Becky against Ronda to potenially make the Charlotte match more appealling. Ronda acting despressed, which I can't even tell if that's scripted or not, wouldn't be a huge problem if Charlotte wasn't also near impossible to root for aswell. These would be problems for a B-level PPV match, nevermind a WM main event.

#383 ·
Apparantly this is in response to him slagging her off on his podcast this week, what the fuck is wrong with this lunatic?, he is such a knob, he needs to let whatever his issue with becky go, if it because of charlotte which i guess it is, he needs to take a leaf out of his own daughters book and stay silent, cos he coming across like a bitter, twisted stalker

EDIT: this is what he had to say