Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start off first by saying that all these Cena One Off Main Event Matches aren't really building to anything spectacular.

Cena vs. Rock
Cena vs. Lesnar
Cena vs. Big Johnny
Cena vs. Big Show

Why is John Cena still the center of the show when there are two major championships?

Now it seemed as though Lord Tensai was gonna back Johnny Ace and then we got the oh so predictable swerve that The Big Show helped Johnny win. Big Show turned heel based on what? This feel as though it's very much a TNA storyline. Since last week they have seemingly dropped the "Lord" part of Tensai, as well as his helmet and robe. Could it possibly be a sign that Tensai was the man they wanted for this angle and flipped it to Big Show because they were uncomfortable giving the nod to Tensai? Of course this is just speculation but with them not feeling confident in Tensai, Henry being injured, Brock being Brock, they needed another big guy who could look strong against Cena, they went with Big Show. Now that Big Show is (shakes head) the top heel on Monday Night Raw, what can we expect of this angle long term? What would the possible kayfabe payoff be? All of this just seems really silly and very much just a filler program to me.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
Your guess is as good as mine. Initially, I too thought Tensai would be the one to feud with Cena but he was never able to get a decent reaction from the crowd... At all.. That and his abysmal ring work is probably the reason he got the boot and Show took his place. Unless there's some unexpected change soon, I don't think there will be a huge payoff. Just Cena beating the odds until Ace is "terminated". I could be wrong, though.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
This is all going to lead to Cena regaining the WWE Championship and/or to John Laurinaitis getting fired.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Where is the Big Show/Cena feud #1000 going?

Spoiler Cena will "overcome" the odds again and this looks to be a a one/two month filler feud to get Cena on top of the PPV cards for NWO and MITB. Hope I am wrong and the whole roster brawl at the end of Raw is leading to a bigger storyline.

Either way Big Johnny eventually does get terminated at some point in 2012.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Maybe it was supposed to be Tensai but John Laurinaitis kept mispronouncing his name as "Big Show" so they eventually just said screw it and changed the angle completely.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
it's all about John Cena again. he is main eventing tag team matches and stupid main events against general managers. It will never stop until he dies! He is the new Hogan obviously but without the fanbase.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Why is there a constant need for Cena to be in the main event? Why? The kids aren't going to stop liking him just because he's not in the closing match or whatever.

Having Cena permanently in the main event is hurting Punk/Bryan and the WHC more than being further down the card would hurt Cena. It would probably have no effect at all.

Fuck you WWE, and fuck you Cena.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You could use the draw argument all you want but eventually if this trend WWE is doing continues it won't even mean shit. When the company is supposed to constantly trying to build newer draws to carry the company into the next generation. Did the TLC 2011 buyrate draw that badly that Cena is now in the main event four pay per views in a row. I could understand Wrestlemania 28 that was built for a year depending on how you want to debate the build up to that match. To a point I could understand Extreme Rules with Brock Lesnar I just wish it was built a bit better (though they could have mileage for a rematch but they could have got A LOT more mileage had the outcome been different.) But when we get to Cena fighting Generic Evil Boss #15 as a main event for your show and most likely feuding with the Big Show for the umpteenth time. But without rhyme or reason to it,the problems begin to really show.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Innocent Bystander: TLC actually had much better buyrates than plenty of other PPVs where Cena main evented such as Hell in a Cell, Vengeance and Over the Limit.

I still don't know why they give Cena and his meaningless angles so much TV time and the title feuds are afterthoughts in the midcard.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
That was my theory. Lord Tensai was probably being looked at as being the logical pet monster of Ace, but when he failed to get even the slightest bit over they went for Plan B. And their Plan B is better than most of their Plan As these these days, if that's saying anything, so I guess it's not too much to complain about directly.

However, Cena hogging the main event scene is becoming a dire problem. The fucking guy needs to take a break, even if it's for a month, so WWE can prove that their world doesn't have to rotate singularly, wholly, around just one man. Wrestlemania XXVIII was in Vince McMahon's words where guys like Punk and Sheamus took the ball but it feels like they've only been trusted halfway at best. Raw every week is about Cena, Cena, Cena, Cena, Cena and Big Johnny, Big Johnny, Big Johnny, Big Johnny, Big Johnny. Now Big Show is directly in the mix.

They should feed Cena to Show, have Tensai and Lesnar back Show up at No Way Out and make Cena take a month-long break even if it means constraining him in the Hannibal Lecter gear and throwing him into a secret CIA detention facility in the hills of eastern Tennessee. Show should be built up throughout the summer as the new, white Mark Henry, and he should be gunning for CM Punk's WWE Championship come Summerslam time on behalf of Ace to take the WWE back from the rogues. Show should dominate much of the match but Punk should choke him out. Would be a great way of tipping their hat to Paul E. Heyman since they're now using him to help sustain the whole Lesnar/Triple H storyline in Lesnar's absence.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
no question tensai was supposed to be in the spot where big show is in right now but he sucked so badly they couldnt go through with it...that is why this whole angle lacks logic, interest, and is leading to another cena-big show feud for the 100th time. just writtten on the fly probably like most of wwe shitty boring product

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Innocent Bystander: TLC actually had much better buyrates than plenty of other PPVs where Cena main evented such as Hell in a Cell, Vengeance and Over the Limit.

I still don't know why they give Cena and his meaningless angles so much TV time and the title feuds are afterthoughts in the midcard.
Wasn't TLC 2011 a test run just to see how CM Punk would do the franchise player spot? And it did have a better buyrate like you said. My question comes to what's the problem with Punk the ball now?

I'm not saying that hasn't been happening for the last seven but never was it truly as blatant as it is now or even at this point last year where there were rumors of Cena holding on to the title until Wrestlemania 28 until Punk's promo which also leads me to this question that does everyone have to do what Punk did last year in one form or another just to get into the main event spot of a show? Like I know he moves merchandise but so do others even if it's a handful of people.

Why not give Cena a break? He more than deserves it especially when he in the shit he is in now. I hope this doesn't happen but I fear that once John Cena tries to finally retire he is going to have a major difficulty adjusting to a life without this like it has happened to some performers.(i.e Hogan and Flair)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Wasn't TLC 2011 a test run just to see how CM Punk would do the franchise player spot? And it did have a better buyrate like you said. My question comes to what's the problem with Punk the ball now?

I'm not saying that hasn't been happening for the last seven but never was it truly as blatant as it is now or even at this point last year where there were rumors of Cena holding on to the title until Wrestlemania 28 until Punk's promo which also leads me to this question that does everyone have to do what Punk did last year in one form or another just to get into the main event spot of a show? Like I know he moves merchandise but so do others even if it's a handful of people.

Why not give Cena a break? He more than deserves it especially when he in the shit he is in now. I hope this doesn't happen but I fear that once John Cena tries to finally retire he is going to have a major difficulty adjusting to a life without this like it has happened to some performers.(i.e Hogan and Flair)
Didn't Flair lose all his savings in a bank scam or something... Seems to me like a pretty good motive to keep wrestling.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Albert should grow out his back hair and revert to the gimmick that made him famous. Not this obese pseudo ninja thing.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I think that the Big Show angle is more about how Show will be John Laurinitus's bitch. He'll do whatever he has to do to keep the boss happy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I sware the wwe needs a dominate heel character. Someone who can become the 10 time wwe champion or more. We already have super cena, the guy that everyone expects to turn heel in some point in his career but will not do it because he wants to be a role model for the kids and be a scum bag at the same damn time so why not get a dominate person (Brock or ryback or someone with their physique) get his mic skills up and train him to be a wrecking machine in the middle of that ring. Batista for example, yeah I know he played face roles but when he was heel, he was an animal and he had the look for it too. But with this guy, don't make him face at all like Chris Jerico. I can be wrong but I don't think he never played a face role

Big Show is the major heel on raw now????:no::no:
Come on now. I can't take that guy serious for shit. Especially the big face he just played. Like a big teddy bear giving his sweat hats to kids and things in that nature. He needed a face change bad but he is gonna be in the main event of no way out and that makes me save $60 on ppv this month. Tensai could of played this part without the being fired thing. And everyone knew Show was going to interfere. Most predictable ppv ever :no:
Sometimes, I think the wwe writers just don't give a damn

1 - 20 of 27 Posts