Wrestling Forum banner

Big Shows role at Elimination Chamber (possible spoiler)

2397 Views 28 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  ChiefMorley
This was taken from someone at wrestlezone....

As of late last week there was internal talk of adding Big Show to the Elimination Chamber as a last minute decision to increase buy rates due to lack of "star-power" in the match. As of now Big Show is heavily favored to take a spot in the chamber match if need be.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
4,291 Posts
Hey Kanesbackinaction

Where's this article you speak of? Just went on the site and can't find it. It could be true but wrestlezone would have known nothing about it until the smackdown spoilers came out anyway, they're just speculating like the rest of us, their reasoning is a bit off as well, if they wanted to replace someone to increase star power you'd have thought it would have been Drew McIntyre not the guy thats been feuding with the world champion, and it's not as if Big Show being added to the match is going to rapidly increase buyrates.

· Registered
4,272 Posts
I'm at the Wrestlezone site, where's the source? Lol anyway, he's more than likely to replace Ziggler for the match, as I don't see him doing anything at the PPV.

But see, we're missing the big question and that is, when will Kaneisbackinaction's "vacation" end, and what will happen to the mysterious masked man known as ChiefMorley? This is almost as puzzling as the identity of Curry Man. :hmm:

· Registered
239 Posts
Interestingly enough, I think the market for wrestling PPV's is set within the sphere of wrestling fans who know a majority of the players. Not too many people out there go "Man, I just saw Knucklehead and I loved that big guy! I'm going to buy this $40 event and watch him for twenty minutes!" Big Show's biggest push ended when he and Lesnar collapsed the ring.

· 1/100
8,051 Posts
buyrates huh

If it were so.. wouldn't it makes sense to announce Big Show ill be in the chamber BEFORE the damn ppv takes place so people who were on the fence can..you know.. order it?

Sure they can always buy the replay, but they are not gonna get a bulk of the buys from replays. Oh, and not to mention Big Show is not that big of a draw. H used to be a circus draw (IE: come see the giant man!), but he's just the Big Show.

nevertheless it will be Big Show cause the WWE is fucking stupid.

· Registered
892 Posts
I can honestly say, from watching Big Show since he was in WCW, he has never had an effect on whether I've watched, never mind bought a ppv. He might be popular but he's never had a penny off me. Boring, boring worker.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
So, they're going to increase buyrates by not announcing Big Show as a replacement until the PPV starts?

Wtf kind of logic is that even from a site as stupid as Wrestlezone?

Is Person A going to call up Person B and be like "Holy shit, man, Big Show was just added to the chamber match right before the main event." - "Oh, shit. I'm gonna blow $40 on this PPV just to watch the final match because of BIG SHOWALSSHASJLADALS!"

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
Why would Big Show = more buyrates? :confused:

I surely hope he doesn't get added, that's one sure fire way for my interest in the match to diminish completely.

· Registered
3,804 Posts
Big Show will be added....his about to get into chamber. Big Zeke comes down, destroys him and drags him up the ramp. Barrett smiles, and thus Ziggler is re-instated back to the match.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.