1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Re: Big Show's personal favorite to be long term stars are Jack Swagger & Drew Mcinty

:lmao at the chair prank

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Re: Big Show's personal favorite to be long term stars are Jack Swagger & Drew Mcinty

Funny how his 2 favourite long term stars are the 2 guys who aren't going anywhere right now for good reason. Had to laugh at him putting them over on the mic too. Terrible. CM Punk and Barrett are going much farther than Swagger and Mcintyre.

·
My man
6,506 Posts

IS he kidding? Shwagger could be future endeavours soon.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts

Good interview. Swagger is just being booked poorly as usual, haha

And remember, he called The Miz years ago.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts

He wants a world title run i bet

·
Registered
7,478 Posts

show hate punk or something i know he worked a program with him but i feel he is far above all the young talent

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts

show hate punk or something i know he worked a program with him but i feel he is far above all the young talent
He probably didn't mention him because Punk is already a fully established main eventer. I don't feel that's any excuse to leave out the best young talent on the roster, but he's basically "there" already.

·
#German
3,783 Posts

He probably didn't mention him because Punk is already a fully established main eventer. I don't feel that's any excuse to leave out the best young talent on the roster, but he's basically "there" already.
:lmao

Not everyone likes Punk or is friends with him. Stop the man-love.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts

You heard it here first, folks: Pyro is so stuck on his opinion being fact, that even when an established, well-respected superstar in the business has an opinion, it surely must not hold any weight.

Come on, dude. You can't honestly discount Show's opinion like that. He knows so much more than you or any of us ever will.

Back on topic. Overall, a pretty good interview, and I liked the insight he provided. Big Show seems to have a pretty good mind about things, always has in his interviews.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts

Well, if anyone knows what a star is, it's Big Show :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Who cares what Pryo thinks?? The guy doesn;t know what he's talking about.

·
9,856 Posts

Well, if anyone knows what a star is, it's Big Show :rolleyes:.
What is that supposed to mean, exactly? Of course Big Show knows what a star is. He's been around for a long time and is one himself.

You have no arguments on Big Show. Absolutely none. He's actually IN the business. You're just sitting behind a keyboard.

·
Registered
241 Posts

In this case it's just an opinion and he isn't automatically right just because he's been successful in the business himself. It gives us a reason to respect his opinion, but we don't need to agree with him.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts

I think Drew is probably a safe bet to become a top-tier star at some point. He isn't exactly making big waves right now, but it's still entirely too early to just write him off. I'd rather them give him time & angles to develop than just push him to the moon straight out the gate.

Besides, we've already had that with Sheamus and Wade in the last two years alone.

Sometimes, the slow & steady approach is the best one. Drew and Swagger may be examples of that, or they may not.

Of course, that's why it's called an opinion. Show's entitled to it.

·
9,856 Posts

I'm not saying agree with him, but the people acting like his opinion is just laughable... come on, seriously.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts

Interesting, now if only he could actually put somebody over.

·
I like me
407 Posts

Who cares what Pryo thinks?? The guy doesn;t know what he's talking about.
When it comes to knowing what he himself likes, then he does know what he is talking about. Everyone does. I think that's all he cares about anyway. To be fair, there isn't really anything wrong with that - you can't call someone's personal preference wrong, and from what I have seen of him 90% of his posts are just him stating his personal preference.

By taking some sort of (failed attempt at) moral high ground with a comment like that, you are ironically acting with the exact same traits that have led you to dislike said poster (in this case, Pyro) in the first place. That being stating opinion based thought as fact.

I'm not going to sit here and say that he doesn't do the same thing 10% of the time with a somewhat patronising tone, which obviously irks some people when the tastes clash, but at the same time you are just saying "he doesn't know what he is talking about" simply because you disagree with him. The quote in your sig is evidence of this.

Anyway, Big Show has a hell of a better view of the business internally than any of us, and knows about more good traits a wrestler should probably have if they are to make it than we do, things we probably don't notice. If he says that Drew and Swagger are doing well, and will be future stars, then they probably will. Remember, current direction means nothing - WWE have shown several times that they are willing to disregard past credibility and just propel whoever they like to whatever level. If Swagger went from where he was on Raw to MITB winner and then World Champion on Smackdown within a month, he could easily do it again from his current position.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts

IS he kidding? Shwagger could be future endeavours soon.
What? No chance. Swagger has improved a lot since his debut, he's going to be around for a long time, unless he fucks up with drugs or something ofcourse.

Show's opinion > everyone here, because he's actually IN the business. A very experienced wrestler who knows what he's talking about. McIntyre and Swagger are clearly very talented wrestlers, they are very smooth in the ring and it's not the first time they are being put over by veterans in the business. JR for example is also a big Swagger fan.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts

First time heel champions often look bad and Swagger was no exception. He may really prosper as a babyface, who knows. Jack is technically sound and relaxed on the mike.

I think they'll keep pushing Drew until he finally receives a good reaction and delivers a decent promo. But Drew becoming another Test is just as likely from what I can see.

Barrett,Del Rio, Bryan, Miz and John Morrison are the sure-fire longterm stars IMO.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts