Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me,or is his "Knockout Punch" the weakest looking knockout move in the history of the WWE? I swear, it looks like he puts no effort behind it, and it "knocks" people out. He should have just stuck with the chokeslam in my opinion

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Re: Big Shows Knockout Punch

Didn't he get into trouble with his chokeslam? I know that he was banned from doing it to people in public but I don't remember seeing him use it on tv since then either.

The KO punch is terrible though, we're supposed to expect his fist to knock people out just cause it is massive. It looks more like he's trying to wipe a smudge off his opponent's face than knock them out.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts

It's a legit awful looking move. Sometimes it looks ok in slow mo, that's all.

·
OG3
3,387 Posts

i bet you wouldnt say it was weak if he did it too you

Doritos needs to do a campaign where an extreme fan gets the knockout punch from big show

·
Midcard Minivan
6,718 Posts

Sometimes it can look alright, but not nearly as devastating as it's supposed to be.

Didn't he get into trouble with his chokeslam? I know that he was banned from doing it to people in public but I don't remember seeing him use it on tv since then either.
If anybody knows the story behind this, would be appreciated.

·
OG3
3,387 Posts

Sometimes it can look alright, but not nearly as devastating as it's supposed to be.

he did it to someone backstage i think joking around and the person had a cow

·
Registered
509 Posts

Yeah it looks really slow. Plus it annoys me that if he hits it during a match and he will get the pin and the guy will be fine. But if he gives it to someone outside a match the medical team are out as if the guy might be dead from a super slow punch.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I never knew he might have been banned from using the chokeslam. If so then thats lame

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts

Apparently over a year ago Show in a joking manner pretended to chokeslam someone(a non-wrestler) by lifting the person up in the same manner you'll do a chokeslam which caused someone in the WWE legal department to have a fit about it, since it could lead to injuries and eventually a lawsuit if done wrong. So WWE came up with this rule that prohibited all wrestlers from using any sort of wrestling hold on non-wrestlers( ex: fans, radio host, celebrities and etc) in public, even if the person requested to have the move performed on them.

In the beginning of this year, a radio host asked if Show could lift him up for a chokeslam in which Show responded that "WWE Superstars aren't allowed to grab anyone by the neck, simulate choke holds, or picking up," Big Show said. "I've gotten enough letters from our legal department, I don't pick anybody up anymore or fake chokeslam." After stating this, fans who didn't have all the information, thought that it meant he was banned from doing the chokeslam in the ring, which is false.

So Show can still use the chokeslam in the ring on wrestler he just can't do it on anybody else that isn't a wrestler while in public.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts

Last night's effort was piss poor. The worst yet. Awful. When they slowed it down it just made it look even more pathetic.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

It is a terrible move indeed. The one on Orton last night was even worse, looked like a slap lmao.

Besides, as mentioned, the chokeslam is 1 million X better. Show's chokeslams are some of the best in wrestling history IMO, at least they were back in the day.

·
You're Pretty Good
9,824 Posts

It's gotten worse. When he first started doing it, I think it was around the Mayweather match, it legit looked good. Now he seems to all about safety first, which is understandable too, especially now.

Would have marked to see him chokeslam Orton.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

He does the choke slam all the time.... its a 2 count now, you guys gotta watch matches lol..
We (or at least I) am saying the chokeslam needs to be his main finisher and what he does when Steph makes him do shit... not the KO punch. The KO punch needs to go. The Chokeslam looks wayyyyyy more devastating.

Has nothing to do with watching matches, genius.

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts
He's done the KO punch a couple times where it looked pretty damn awesome, mainly the ones on Otunga and Slater. But lately his punches have been absolute shit. Especially last night, there was no force behind it whatsoever, it was like a friendly nudge on the face. =/

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
He's done the KO punch a couple times where it looked pretty damn awesome, mainly the ones on Otunga and Slater. But lately his punches have been absolute shit. Especially last night, there was no force behind it whatsoever, it was like a friendly nudge on the face. =/
Probably because WWE doesn't care about Slater or Otunga so he can actually hit them some. If he were to hit Orton too hard he would probably wind up with shit in his hand bag or something.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dude his hand is huge and has I make REAL contact to the persons face abd hit them in just a good enough spot to get an impact sound and not hurt you,if he put anymore effort into it he'd break faces left and right .

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts