Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to use the word jobber because it is used way too much on this forum but, The man is on a losing streak, he's one just one match in 2011 (against heath slater, admittedly he squashed him)and I know the year is barely 6 weeks old but for someone like big show it is pretty pitiful.

Not to mention every time he;s on TV now he's just being a punch-bag for corre, are the WWE trying to lead this to something or will he continue to job to the corre?

·
STILL learning kayfabe
413 Posts
Jobber. Period.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Jobber? Sure he loses the match, but if anything he's booked too strongly. The 'most dominant faction in the WWE' shouldn't need 4 people to take out one guy.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
Well after a year of burying ppl i think his new years resolution was to put over some young talent. I willl hate big show for destroying Hawkins and Vamce Archer then just destroying the SES over and over.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Seriously who cares? The Big slow I mean show has been getting over on the whole giant thing for way too long. I personally am sick of seeing him Khali and Mark Henery non of them do anything worth watching, the last time the Big Show was slightly worth watching is when Brock Lesner was around after that its been a suckfest. Its time for the Big Show to go.........!:gun:

·
New Game. New Rules. New Era.
4,440 Posts
Losing Streak?

I can't even remember the last time he was pinned before 2011. He is irrelevant now, yet one of the strongest booked in the company. He is a back up main eventer; if one of the main champions get injured, he can easily jump in there place and play dominant giant.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
Kudos to Show. Guy's been spending the past several weeks making The Corre as a group and Ezekiel Jackson as a single entity.

Not the same as being a (sigh) jobber. You can tell online wrestling fans have a naturally negative viewpoint since it's always the negatives that get beaten into the ground: buried, burial, jobber, jobbing, clusterfuck, botch, botching, botcher, overpushed, overrated, directionless, gimmickless, no charisma, no/bad mic skills, on and on. But the rampant abuse of the word "jobber" sometimes takes the cake. :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
He has had what, 3-4 matches this year

1. In the no. 1 contender's match, he took everyone's finishers/ signatures (3) and still wasn't put away and only lost coz Ziggler pinned Cody, yeah he looked like a jobber here. Barrett even interfered.
  2. Then, he won his match against Barrett by DQ and was beating up 3 guys until Jackson showed up
  3. He lost to Barrett via Corre interference
  4. He squashed slater

This isn't very much of a losing streak. If u r talking about his getting beat down, u have to remember all the beat downs show has delivered this year, he got Barrett (when he was on Raw), Cody several times, Otunga, etc. Like u said, its only been 6 weeks.

He is consistently booked to be destroying ppl, making pretty much every member of the Corre look weak save Zeke.

He's booked to look far too strong for someone that really does nothing.

I don't care much for Big Show, coz there's very very few ppl that can put on a good match with him. For the most part he just squashes ppl, no one really likes that. Besides, Show spent most of last year squashing ppl, this year just started and I am happy to see a pack of ppl beating him down, even if its 4 ppl having trouble with 1.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I don't mind seeing Show "jobbing" continuously to the Corre. The Corre is full with good young talents and personally i think the stable is one of the most exciting acts on Smackdown right now. I'm glad that Big Show is willing to lay down for them.

Honestly, i might be in the minority here but i was actually glad that Big Show single-handedly destroyed SES and brought the stable to its demise last year, that stable was boring as hell, and excluding Punk, i wasn't a fan of the members, they just held Punk down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts