Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done watching Smackdown from the other night, and i couldn't believe that i was hearing the fans chant that to the big show, does no one these days remember Big show in wcw doing drop kicks from the top turnbuckle, in my opinion he's in the top 5 big men ever,

your thoughts

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I was very pissed with the fans, but then I thought, hey, he isn't even wrestling anymore. Just throwing people around. Meh.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, i know what you mean, but out of all the people in wwe to chant that to, big shows i thought would be near the bottom of the list.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I was positively surprised that WWE did not edit that chant out.
Do you really think Big Show doing drop kicks over 10 years ago has any relevancy? What matters is what he brings to the ring nowadays, and it stinks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My theory was the crowd were actually chanting it at Otunga since he'd just run-in. Did seem like a random out of place chant for Big Show considering it was a beat-down and not an actual match or anything.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What matters is what he brings to the ring nowadays, and it stinks.
Ok his in ring work has not been great the last few years, but that doesn't mean he cant wrestle, big shows has had to work with some shit over the years and made it look good, giving a chance he could do it again,

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Are you really that offended? He really can't wrestle anymore. I don't give a crap what he could in WCW, what can you do for me now?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The crowd was obviously stupid, because a) it wasn't during a match, just a beat down. b) the tone of voices where obviously from little kids, what do they know about not being able to wrestle when all of their t-shirts where green coloured.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you really that offended? He really can't wrestle anymore. I don't give a crap what he could in WCW, what can you do for me now?
im not offended at all, i was just asking for other peoples thoughts on it, and to see if anyone does remember his wcw work, when he could really go.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Nah, don't overdimension that. The crowd were owning a heel in a similar fashion that when they say "You suck". When Big Show turn face the crowd will love him as always.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
The crowd has selective memory and it's a big assumption that they remember anything besides very recent events. So form what they've seen recently from Big Show, it's not too far of a stretch that the crowd thinks that Big Show can't wrestle. He's slowed down a bit because he's older and being that big takes a toll on someone who is aging.

But it's also what makes his heel character genius. Big Show was never that over with the crowd, he was just booked well as a dominant upper midcard face that pandered to the audience. There was a lot of frustration in how he was booked as a face, and now the crowd can finally express it with his heel character. When Big Show brings up his "iron clad contract", it angers the audience because most of them just want him off camera and they realize he isn't going anywhere. And that is what prompted the chant.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The truly sad part of that chant was that Show wasn't even the worst wrestler involved in that segment.
May God have mercy on the fans that have to witness Otunga wrestling for 60 minutes.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Oh man it was like music to my ears, I love that crowd just for that accurate chant. Big Show is already boring, useless and not entertaining but the fans also added something that was also correct that he can’t wrestle. WCW Big Show you speak of died 10 years ago where he was a good worker, today he is every bit of terrible like Khali is.

Big Show deserve those chants every night until his boring ass GTFO the company.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts