Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been finding it incredible lately how Big Show just never loses. So I went back and quickly had a look at his Smackdown record since joining the brand.

Since the post-Mania draft, he has lost 1 match, and that was a mixed tag team match where Kelly Kelly got pinned by Serena. Every other match he has either won cleanly or won by DQ. He hasn't been pinned once. I'm sure if someone looked even further back you'd find he hasn't been pinned in years.

I get that he's a giant, but it's frustrating that noone can ever get a win over him. Not even Punk could get one solitary win in their feud, even with outside interference. Maybe it's why when I see the Big Show come out I get so frustrated. You know he's going to dominate, win by DQ or they'll be some screwy finish where they both get counted out.

He might not be in the main event and his opponents have hardly been quality, but he even wins every tag team match he's in. So is Big Show the strongest booked wrestler in the company?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Yes, at least on Smackdown. Taker was Kane's bitch, Kane is Every face's bitch until their matches, and Edge is right behind show in his booking, but it's been going on for a smaller amount of time.

On Raw, Cena and ORton are pretty strongly booked, and rarely lose so I'm not quite sure between Cena, Orton, and Show.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
YEARS? you're thinking a little too big.

he feuded with Cena last year. he lost by pinfall and even by submission if i'm correct.
but yeah, he's booked pretty strong. as he should be. he's a fucking beast. it should be considered hard as shit to beat him.

·
Premium Member
13,805 Posts
I would not say that he is the strongest booked wrestler at this very moment. I think that award goes to Orton right now. I don't remember the last time Orton lost clean.

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts
He lost a 5-on-1 handicap match against Nexus via submission last month, but I can't recall the last time he was pinned.

·
Registered
30 Posts
2nd March 2010 was the last time he lost cleanly, Edge speared him. Hasn't lost since then on television minus the MITB match and that submission 5 on 1. He was actually booked relatively weak last year tbh minus his tag run. Its annoying but it makes sense though.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
I think it would be hard to book the Big Show. You can't realisticly make him a bitch but you can't put him in the main event either...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Come on, look at him, he's the fucking Big Show, and you come and say he didn't even lose to Punk like it's not understandable and realistic. Show would kill Punk for real..

Big Show could easily go with the strap, he's fucking talented compared to his size, and he's pretty fast too. I don't mind him being booked like he is, cause that really is the way he should be booked.

Oh and by the way, didn't Swagger make Big Show scream like a bitch a couple months ago? He "injured" him with the angle lock.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
It's hard to book the big show to lose. He's the big show. I like the unstoppable giant gimmick. Not that many big men can pull it off but I like when Show does it. I want show to squash Nexus.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Come on, look at him, he's the fucking Big Show, and you come and say he didn't even lose to Punk like it's not understandable and realistic. Show would kill Punk for real..

If this was 2010 debuting Big Show, then definitely it would be believable. DEFINITELY. Imagine a 25 year old Big Show recieving a Lesnar-style push in 2010?

Yet, he isn't what he was. He's definitely a legitimate threat, but if you add everything he's had upto now it's hard to imagine just how strong they're booking him. I CAN believe it, its just nagging in the back of my mind; the years he was a comedian, rode coffins and got shit on. This is not his fault, it's just the same as Kane. I struggle to think of him as the biggest evil after all we've seen.

Big Show goes through phases, he was a behemoth on ECW and now again and he plays the part well, I just think we have all seen too much to see him beat 5 guys at once when not too long ago he went the distance with anyone in a one on one match.

Still, imagine a debuting Paul White in 2010?

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
Orton is the strongest booked wrestler in the company, and that's quite sad. With that said, though, it doesn't matter how strong Big Show is booked, because his days of main events and winning world titles are over. He's glorified filler. There's plenty of wrestlers in the company with stronger booking than the Big Show in terms of character development and position on the card. Maybe not in terms of how much they win or lose, but that doesn't matter.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I wouldn't say that his days of winning the title are over. Hell, if Kane can get a strong run with the belt I'm sure they could figure out a way to put the strap on Show.

In regards to the amount of matches Show wins, obviously it's due to his size. Creative wants beating Show to be a big deal so they aren't going to whore out wins without a purpose. Kayfabe-wise, it takes a hell of an effort to beat the largest athlete in the world so it's going to be pretty rare.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Edge?

·
Registered
661 Posts
The last time I saw him get pinned was I believe 2 weeks before 'mania where Jericho pitted Show against Edge in hopes to get Edge injured before the match at Wrestlemania.

Edge hit a huge spear and pinned Show.

·
Registered
683 Posts
With his size it makes sense. With 10 years of constant face/heel turns and his strength varying incredibly the whole time, I just can't accept it at all.

Then there's his knockout punch, like, if his punch is so frigging powerful, why hasn't he just opened every match with it for his whole career? It's unconvincing and buries everyone who loses to it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
he wont be considered the strongest booked until he wins more heavywieght championships....The guy is 7 feet and around 480-500lbs and yet he has only 2 world heavywieght championships...The guys is amazing in the ring at his size and yet he only has 1 more world title than Khali...Thats just wrong....WWE lets him dominate all the time until he is put into a world title match.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Since the post-Mania draft, he has lost 1 match, and that was a mixed tag team match where Kelly Kelly got pinned by Serena. Every other match he has either won cleanly or won by DQ. He hasn't been pinned once. I'm sure if someone looked even further back you'd find he hasn't been pinned in years.
Didn't Nexus gangrape him and use their combined weight to pin him in that handicap match a few weeks back?

And I can assure you the guy has lost by pin a fuckton of times over the years. He's never been this dominant before. Usually he's jobbing.

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
There are advantages to being booked so strong. Now when someone does pin him it will be a huge deal and could help a younger talent get over a lot faster if they could clean pin The Big Show.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts