Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be honest, I don't rate him either way, never have from his debut to the WWE. However, he made his face run work; an emotinal giant, giving the hat to the child, getting his hands on D Bryan (who makes Show look 100 times better may I add), but when he's heel, he's very boring.

I'd like to see what other people think, so thoughts?

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
I disagree, man. I really don't want to see such a powerhouse walking around with a shit-eating grin, crying and pandering.

He's been doing well on the mic, I like the way he handled the crowd, and he's been interesting.

Plus, he's a giant.

I want to see him wreck some people. Now he can work more powerful, really look like he's trying to be rough in the ring instead of doing his same old routine.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
His face act given no direction or meaty storyline becomes stale after only a few months at a time, but, I have always conceded that he is much more "natural" as a babyface. The Big Show you see walking down with a huge grin on his face, high-fiving kids and whatnot... That's the real Big Show, more or less. If both babyface and heel modes are set on "default" generic standards, it's the heel version of Show that has to be "acted out." You could see him last week shifting himself back into that rhythm of being a brutish heel in his Raw and Smackdown promos. It's not the easiest of transitions for him... Whereas going back babyface in the springtime of 2010 from his heel run was incredibly simple and agreeable to him. But he can play an effective heel with a good storyline and characters with which to interact. It's ironic that his last face turn commenced in Richmond, Virginia and the first heel promo he cut the night after turning on Cena was in Richmond, Virginia 25 months later.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ I hope I can be proves wrong. If he can be nasty and get worse, then great. If he does get better; I'll stand corrected, I hope I do.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Show as a face is utterly destructive to any heel he faces. The booking he receives as a face is fucking ridiculous tbh. I'm glad he's heel for the simple fact that maybe now some faces can actually look good against and possibly, you know, beat him. Imagine that!!!

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I think that Big Show's best work is as a heel. Everything about him comes across as a heel. Whenever he does a face promo, I never felt that he really was engaged in the material. It came across as awkward and forced. When he showed up last night and did his I don't have to smile anymore line, I felt like he meant it. Sure, it's his character now, but he connected with it and he got legitimate heat because of it. Big Show as a heel will help elevate not only himself but add a credible heel to the roster that WWE needs right now.

·
How you doing?
4,958 Posts
What is better, a gentle giant, who gets beaten by everybody, or a rampaging angry giant?

·
Banned
175 Posts
You got a giant like Big Show and you're gonna waste him on being the gentle giant? The hell with that, I'm glad he's a heel again. I would rather see him throw guys around and wreck havoc than giving hats to kids and smiling in every promo.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I used to hate Big Show as face.
But when he turned heel, I can see he is a very good heel. Totally badass.
He is more intimidating than Kane now.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,526 Posts
I don't enjoy face Big Show at all. He's much more entertaining as a heel.

I do concede Deso's point that face Big Show comes more naturally to him and is the "real" Big Show, but unfortunately I'm just not entertained by that character.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
A lot of the people who say the face run sucked are the ones who said "Big Show should retire!"...

As Desolation said, face Show seems more genuine. I personally believe he LIKED doing that. Unfortunate for him, if I'm right.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
find it hard to care either way

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I see where your coming from, but Big Show as heel is better.

The heat he was getting was very surprising, despite being face for around 2 years before and literally turning heel not long ago. Show as a face was very good though, as he played his role well and got alot of the younger fans on his side.

Big Show is at his worst when he's a tweener. He just isn't flexible working like that.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
monsters are better off as faces because they dont stall, prodd and boringly club the same way tradtional heels do

·
Registered
520 Posts
He's done really well as a heel, I've never been as interested in him as I am now since when he returned to SmackDown in 2004. Great promo's and tbh I agreed with his every word, he was very convincing and I didn't expect him to still be able to play the heel this well. Probably better now than he did before.

I was one of the people who wanted to see him fired or at least their push and dominant booking ended when he was a face because he was just fucking cringeworthy. Now I like his character.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
i still wondering why da hell is he turning for like the 25th time, dam, i think he passed kane on most turns in wwe history, and this latest turn is even more confusing cuz isn't he going to be retiring soon, he's old as hell and why would he want to retire as a heel, that would suck o.o

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Show is a rare breed than can play either face or heel very well. I will agree the monster heel role suits him best, but he plays a great face character as well.

Problem with this current Show/Cena feud is just the fact that we've seen Heel Show vs Face Cena so many times before.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts